PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in Canada for low time pilot's.

Sandy pilot
4th Aug 2011, 06:26
Hi friends, I would like to discuss availability of jobs in Canada for low time pilots or we can say fresh CPL holders.
I have seen there are many sea planes in Canada but not sure of their criteria of hiring pilots.
Any inputs will be very valuable.
FYI I have CPL with MEL from USA and India with IR.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sandy pilot
4th Aug 2011, 06:28
I know this in not a Canadian forum but this is for Indian CPL holders.
Please do not get in to a fight.

burnable gomi
4th Aug 2011, 07:03
Well for starters you'll need a Canadian license and the right to live and work in Canada. If you meet those requirements then, yes, there are jobs if you go get them.

fatbus
4th Aug 2011, 07:07
But Canada produces one of the highest number of GA pilots, so dont think if you get a Canadian CPL and work visa you will get a job.

Sandy pilot
4th Aug 2011, 08:28
How can we get the right to live and work in Canada??

smurf84
4th Aug 2011, 10:24
Good question!

Why don't you ask someone from this link Canada - PPRuNe Forums (http://www.pprune.org/canada-42/)

truefaith
4th Aug 2011, 13:06
How can we get the right to live and work in Canada?

It is simple! Marry her [right click (http://www.pictureupload.us/pictures/82eeacd10bac2243c29ece66a176ba77.jpg)] and you'll get this [right click (http://www.pictureupload.us/pictures/0b95867597073213058ef84eeae391bb.jpg)] immediately!

NorthernGoose
4th Aug 2011, 13:55
Hourly requirements for seaplane operations is almost always done single pilot with the exception of twin otter. Minimum requirements for some of the larger companies are no less that 2500hrs with 1000hrs PIC on type. Many fresh CPL ME IR pilots will get jobs on the ramp or in distpatch for 12-16months if lucky you can snag a 172 job with skydivers or tours. Also there is alot of light twin work in the north that has metro's, twin otters, king airs, navajo's all requiring minimum 500hrs. As stated before their are alot of fresh pilots in Canada and still a slight shortage of jobs. The market is however expanding with the likes of Air Canada Express and other regional carriers and the market is expected to open up in the next few years.

Best of luck

am-rj-tbt
18th Aug 2011, 17:03
went to the canadian pprune its kinda empty.. what kind of seaplane jobs is this about???:{

storm999
18th Aug 2011, 18:13
If you have low time your looking at a flight instructors job if u choose to stay in a city like toronto.. if your ok moving up north u might be able to get a job on the ramp for 6 months and then start off on a light twin and log about 500 hrs a year or so .. the pay is not at all attractive in that case , you will need a minimum of 2500 - 3000 hrs in your logbook before anyone will let you touch a twin like a king air .my honest advice.. if you have a Indian CPL with ME IR ..get a job in India .. log 1000 + hrs and then think of moving to canada, at least that way you will be hired with AC or other regional airline.

Panama Jack
19th Aug 2011, 05:48
Move to the Northwest Territories, get a job for Buffalo Joe as a Rampie for few months or a year. Character building exercise where only those who can eat raw meat make it. :E

OFFICIAL Ice Pilots NWT Season One Trailer - YouTube