PDA

View Full Version : Restricted Medical

125raven
3rd Aug 2011, 13:46
I have a Restricted Class 1 Medical certificate that only allows me to operate with or as a qualified co-pilot. I had an angioplasty done in 2003 and no occurrence since. Every medical has been fine since. I'm fit and exercise regularly.
Is there any way to get the Restriction removed or even reviewed.
I work in the UK as an airline pilot.
Any inputs or guidance would be helpful.
Thanks
125R :ugh:

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
3rd Aug 2011, 14:44
125R.. Many moons ago I had a hearing problem so they said I needed an audiogram every few months. Later, I attended an ENT clinic with sinus probs and they ran a hearing test. They said it was the best they'd seen for ages so I put this to (what we now know as) SRG and they lifted the restriction with apologies. Give it a whirl; they're only human and may not have intended you to be restricted so long.. GL.

Wellington Bomber
8th Aug 2011, 13:28
125 Raven

I have the same problem as yourself, mine was 3 years ago, as i understand it takes 5 years to come off your license

125raven
16th Aug 2011, 15:02
LHR Director,
Many thanks for the encouraging words.
Regards:D

125raven
16th Aug 2011, 15:06
Wellington Bomber,
Many thanks also. I'll take it to my cardiologist and then to the SRG.
Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted.
Regards:)

talkpedlar
9th Sep 2011, 11:28
Speaking from some (considerable!) experience, you can be assured that the Aeromedical folks at SRG will be hugely supportive and constructive (consistent with reasonable flight safety of course). My own medic at SRG (PCH) was a pleasure to deal with and got me back in the saddle as quickly as possible. Good Luck! TP