PDA

View Full Version : c210 rating

kjvmw
3rd Aug 2011, 06:51
Hey guys,

I was just wanting to know, if i were to get a Cessna 210 endorsed on my CASA CPL would i then be able to say i had the equivalent amount of time on other types such as 206,182 etc?

Cheers

Howard Hughes
3rd Aug 2011, 07:12
Most single engine aircraft are covered by the group endorsement, flying a C-210 will give you constant speed and retractable endorsements (if you did not have them already).

seavenom
3rd Aug 2011, 23:33
Hi KJVMW,

When employers advertise looking for 182 or 206 time, if you have 210 time then they are happy.

Xcel
4th Aug 2011, 09:51
If you have a casa cpl your already endorsed...

Any 200 series time is a good thing... But saying that 15 hrs would be over the top... 5-10 is fine...

PyroTek
4th Aug 2011, 10:17
If you have a casa cpl your already endorsed...

Unless he did all his training on a twin or something (unlikely of course):ok: He may not have a retract rating with his CPL, though most times it is assumed...:ok:

Lasiorhinus
5th Aug 2011, 05:20
Sounds like a Skydiving thing where you need ten hours on type- and yes, 210s cover 206 and 182,
206 Covers 182 too - but not the other way.
Some operators will let 208 time cover all the pistons too.

Aussie Bob
5th Aug 2011, 06:04
If this guy/gal has made it all the way to CPL without knowing what a rating is then heaven help today's flying schools :uhoh:

kjvmw
5th Aug 2011, 08:07
Ahhh my mistake i'm still used to the NZ CAA rules that require you to gain a endorsement or 'rating' as it's called over there, on every single you fly. Loving the <5700 MTOW endorsement that CASA has.

Cessna 180
5th Aug 2011, 08:30
Interesting that they let 208 time cover off on the piston's.

Have seen a few blokes with heaps of hr's on 208, tractor, 750's and the like intent on blowing up a continental on their first trip.

Weekend_Warrior
5th Aug 2011, 08:50
.. is NZ the only country requiring a complete type rating for anything? Even applies to gliders and 2-seat microlights. I think ratings for single seater microlights are not required but I could be wrong.
How freaking stupid, and minimum of 1 hour check ride plus paperwork to convert from, say a Tomahawk to a C152.

Xcel
5th Aug 2011, 09:15
>5800 kgs??? You must have one of those special licences...

27/09
5th Aug 2011, 09:32
.. is NZ the only country requiring a complete type rating for anything?

Well we used to have the Group rating system, under the old CASO system. CASAO 12 Part 18 to be exact.

I don't remember all the classification letters, but it went something like this

Group A S/E fixed gear and pitch, tricycle
Group B S/E fixed gear, constant speed, tricycle
Group C S/E retract, constant speed, tricycle
Group F S/E fixed gear and pitch, tailwheel etc.

But now we are much more "enlightened" under the new, well not so new rules. :ugh:

The old system worked pretty damn well. Most operators still required a brief type check on each different model within a group.

I have often considered that for light aircraft at least, familiarity with the various systems like auto pilot, GPS, engine and fuel management systems and such like to be more of an issue. You can be type rated (endorsed) on one aircraft type and be legal to fly it but not necessarily be familiar with some of the systems on a particular aircraft.

NZScion
6th Aug 2011, 07:53
.. is NZ the only country requiring a complete type rating for anything? Even applies to gliders and 2-seat microlights. I think ratings for single seater microlights are not required but I could be wrong.
How freaking stupid, and minimum of 1 hour check ride plus paperwork to convert from, say a Tomahawk to a C152.

Sounds like you're getting ripped off if you need to do an hour to get the type rating. AC61-10 Appendix 1 has the minimum flight times listed, you only need 30 mins (assuming you demonstrate competence after that time).

Dreamflyer1000
6th Aug 2011, 10:42
You would be very very very lucky to find a club/school/operator in NZ who will sign you off after 0.5 It just does not happen. They are all after the $$$, and they know you dont have much other choice...its a crap system.

NZScion
7th Aug 2011, 04:10
@Dreamflyer - it also depends on the competency of the student, which will usually depend on their experience - I've known some to do it in 0.5 no problems, others require a lot more.