PDA

View Full Version : Laying Down the Rubber

ORAC
2nd Aug 2011, 11:15
Soory, couldn't resist the pun..... :O

Drive-in sex plan to curb prostitutes in Europe's playground (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/drivein-sex-plan-to-curb-prostitutes-in-europes-playground-2330219.html)

OFSO
2nd Aug 2011, 11:37
They are EVERYWHERE here on main and side roads outside urbanisations, every roundabout, parking place, ones and twos and threes, sitting on plastic chairs under umbrellas and even on occasion copulating in plain view at the side of the road (which I would have thought violated laws on indecency).

They are all Eastern European and mostly Rumanian and never carry papers so they can't be deported. They lives are nasty, brutish and short - we dread to think how many get picked up by homicidal lorry drivers* on the N-11 between La Jonquera and Girona, get raped and murdered. Spain has lax laws on prostitution so it's hard to get rid of them, from January 1st 2012 they will be deemed to be a danger waiting at the roadside and will be arrested. Yeah, sure. Since this will be the job of the local police or 'Municipales' it will all depend on how hard the Mayor of each village or town goes down on them.

* No slur on lorry drivers intended, but they are mobile and number in the hundreds of thousands each year, many once again from Eastern European countries.

603DX
2nd Aug 2011, 11:47
calm public anger over the social annoyances that curb crawlers bring.

Good to see that The Independent is maintaining its independency by adopting an esoteric approach to English grammar. Taking over the lead held for so many years by the Guradian, no doubt.

Davidsoffice
2nd Aug 2011, 11:51
"how hard the Mayor of each village or town goes down on them"

If there's so many, will they get a discount?

Sallyann1234
2nd Aug 2011, 11:52
Since this will be the job of the local police or 'Municipales' it will all depend on how hard the Mayor of each village or town goes down on them.

What exactly are you suggesting?

ORAC
2nd Aug 2011, 12:21
is that what they mean by "taking them into protective custody"? :O

G-CPTN
2nd Aug 2011, 13:21
I heard that the Salvation Army saved young girls, so I called them and asked if they would let me have one . . .

OFSO
2nd Aug 2011, 15:24
Just my little joke to enliven a sad subject !