PDA

View Full Version : 3 dead in B.C. helicopter crash

rotornut
1st Aug 2011, 13:46
Three perish in B.C. helicopter crash (http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Three+perish+helicopter+crash/5187904/story.html)

VANCOUVER — RCMP confirmed that a pilot and two passengers died in a helicopter crash on the Nelson Glacier in northern B.C. Sunday.

The helicopter, owned by Vancouver Island Helicopter Ltd., was reportedly on a geological mission when it crashed at an elevation of 5,100 feet.

The company attended the area and transported RCMP members to the crash site, where late today it was confirmed that a pilot and two client passengers had perished in the crash," said Cpl. Dan Moskaluk Sunday evening.

Names of the deceased will not be released until next-of-kin have been notified.

The crash took place near Stewart, which is about 160 kilometres north of Prince Rupert.

Stewart RCMP will assist the B.C. Coroners Service and Transport Canada, the lead agency in the investigation to determine the cause of the crash.

© Copyright (c) Postmedia News

newfieboy
2nd Aug 2011, 01:57
Very Sad......RIP guys, condolances to VIH crews and the families. Another brother fallen.

Fun Police
2nd Aug 2011, 11:12
sad indeed. he has left two young children behind. i knew him, but not well. he was a good guy by reputation and from what i could tell from my dealings with him.
RIP
fp