PDA

View Full Version : Open Season on Girlfriends!

SASless
1st Aug 2011, 12:17
There are some very hard and fast rules for real helicopter pilots. They are steeped in history, tradition, and the exigencies of our profession. Among those are the very first rule.....Rule One.

That being "Wives are off limits.....Girlfriends are fair game!"

There is one among us who is denial....and I am not talking about a river in Egypt....he is stood in front of a huge billboard and reading only the name of the sign company at the bottom of the sign and not the message in those huge letters about two foot high.

He claims his work is keeping him from doing the right thing.....and making an honest woman out of a stunning lady....full of charm, grace, personality, and downright beautiful in body and spirit. I say this lad is a Dunce, nay.....being a down right idjit about this thing.

He says Fire Season is why he cannot find a diamond offering....flowers....and a soft place to drop to his knees. Silly fellow ignores reality here brothers (and sisters). It is time to force the issue!

If our brother fails to do the right thing in this.....I suggest we all start competing for this Fair Damsels heart and thereby remind him of Rule One.

I have already made my interest known....and was not rejected....rebuffed perhaps but at least it was not an all out rejection of my advances done by means of the social network by which he, she, and I talk. He talks with us here on occasion....so let's engage him first and put him on notice the clock is definitely ticking....and that "meaning to don't pick no cotton" as my Grandma used to say.

The shame is this beautiful lady is far too good for the scoundrel but I do believe in loyalty between those in our profession....but loyalty has its limits.

Now that this is in the open....as I promised with due warning......I want to hear what the rascal in question has to say for himself!

birrddog
1st Aug 2011, 13:24
SAS, he couldn't possibly propose in that black Hawaiian shirt - she'd larf him off :E

Maybe we run a collection to get him a shirt he can propose in? ;)

Pandalet
1st Aug 2011, 13:40
Are we talking about the chap with the vertically-challenged travelling companion, who follows him everywhere? If so, I'll contribute to the proper shirt fund!

Gordy
1st Aug 2011, 15:21
Hmmmm....would this discussion be aimed at "oneself"...

Headed to the shoppe to acquire new attire as one types....more to follow....

BTW...do not let "Timothy" know he is vertically challenged---he has thin skin...

SASless
1st Aug 2011, 15:26
Pete's Chainsaw and Farm Supply is not where you ought to shop Gordy!

Logger Jeans, Timber Beast braces, and cork boots are not the kind of attire you are in need of in the near future.

TeeS
1st Aug 2011, 17:17
Hey SASless

I've got Thursday and Friday off this week, that should allow time for travel and seduction so let me know if he hasn't made his move by then.

Anything to help a fellow Rotorhead :ok:

Cheers

TeeS

Whirlygig
1st Aug 2011, 19:25
and was not rejected... and she's obviously charitiable and sympathetic as well. :}

To the subject of Sassy's post ... JFDI. :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

bigglesbutler
1st Aug 2011, 20:50
Proposing to my wife, then girlfriend of course, was the best and SMARTEST thing this thickie has ever done, poor girls lumbered with me now as I ain't letting her go.

DO IT life's too short for what if's or dithering on this scale.

DO IT, DO IT NOWWWWWWWWWW

SASless
2nd Aug 2011, 01:35
Latest input from the Fair Damsel who is the target of my affections....reports she has received a Ring as of today....still had a "Sold" label attached to it! I bet the cheap bugger only has it on layaway and has not paid for it yet! Probably he thinks this is like the due diligence clause in a house purchase....at some point prior to finalizing the contract you can get your money back.

I can assure him after a chat with the guy with the collar and filing the marriage record....the days of getting "your" money back is over!

On second thought.....back out Laddy....do it quickly....and I shall book my flight west! The homestead is mine on the 16th.....only recreational travelling and no more Fire contracts, touring jobs, hanging about hospitals, sleeping in airport pilot lounges, or following the fuel truck all over the country.

Why she could have a full time cook and laundry washer!

Perhaps there is a deal to be struck!

Is this the Ring?

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h423/wasatchwoman/IMG_20110726_134047-1.jpg

newfieboy
2nd Aug 2011, 02:28
Hey Gordy,
Go for it...did it meself last year, best thing I ever did..... :ok: mind you still always away..... :{ Hope fires keeping you well, busy enough ourselves in Ontario right now. Be safe and all the best......Regards from Canuckland......:ok:

Newfie.

helihub
2nd Aug 2011, 07:12
SASless - if that is the ring, then go for it! She has ring on the wrong hand, indicating availability, not partially/fully contracted....

Whirlygig
2nd Aug 2011, 07:20
Sassy-Dahling ... if that is the ring, be careful it doesn't get used as a knuckle-duster.

Cheers

Whirls

Pandalet
2nd Aug 2011, 08:20
A ring like that does double duty: it looks super shiny, to tell everyone that whatsisname is finally pulling his finger out (although she's got it on the wrong finger for that), and it adds some weight and pretty patterns for when the bounder tries to get his money back.

Good luck, chap!

Winnie
2nd Aug 2011, 11:28
Gordy, go for it!

I tie the knot on the 3rd of next month! (poor timing for contract flying, but what the hell!)

Sorry I could not make it to Michigan for that beer, I ended up touring all over Canada instead!

Cheers
W.

SASless
2nd Aug 2011, 13:03
Now if the wee callow fellow had any notion of proving his intent he would prove it with a traditional offer to the Lady!

As he appears to be of the Walmart kind of people as evidenced by his shopping tastes.....perhaps the Lady of our hearts might take notice of an independent offer.

http://bluediamondring-s.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/diamonds-engagement-rings.jpg

HowlingMad Murdock
2nd Aug 2011, 17:10
SASless::) Wow - that is a stunnin' ring - elegant design-nice! Good luck to all concerned!

Pandalet
3rd Aug 2011, 09:21
Quote:
(although she's got it on the wrong finger for that)
Not if she's from East of the Rhine, she don't.

Huh, I did not know that. And 5 minutes Wikipedia-surfing shows that a number of cultures do it the other way around, too. Fair enough, in this case, I suspect it doesn't matter which finger he picks, so long as he gets a ring on it.

SASless
3rd Aug 2011, 12:49
Brian,

Look here Shag....this ain't an Aussie Shelia we are talking about!

In this particular case....this Lady is what is known in these parts as a "Real Keeper"....a piece of Gold, a Treasure!

One would be well advised to offer up a genuine token of one's Love, Admiration, and Respect by proffering a fit token of that when asking for her Hand.

Perhaps all I am doing is raising the Ante for my competitor....but in the long run She is well worth it.

The wee callow fellow who is also pursuit probably intends to offer up a Honeymoon consisting of a weekend at a Motel Six in Peoria instead of a couple of weeks in Barbados as I would.

I bet he goes to a KMart during a Blue Light Special to shop for his wedding clothes.....as they are cheaper than the Chain Saw Repair and Clothing store he favors!

topendtorque
3rd Aug 2011, 19:57
Sounds like he aint a dead duck yet,
but I have to spring to the defense of my countywomenfolk and resemble this one

this ain't an Aussie Shelia we are talking about!

even savoia (i think i read somewhere:O) has met a few, in kings bloody cross, i believe and didn't leave behind any derogatory comments about the species.

There's heaps of 'em if someone knocks this one off mate, heaps of fires over here to chase too. We could make you feel right at home.

tunawholesalers
3rd Aug 2011, 20:02
Cccv v jb kn

Savoia
3rd Aug 2011, 20:28

Even Savoia (I think i read somewhere http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/embarass.gif) has met a few, in Kings bloody Cross ..

Ah yes, this would have been at the 'tail' end of 1989 when, after having worked with the late Lloyd Lester on a seismic contract in the aptly named Morehead district of PNG, he dragged me out of the 5 star hotel I was staying at somewhere in downtown Sydney (insisting I stay with him and invest my earnings elsewhere) but .. not before trotting across the road to an apparently well-known pub where, I readily admit, the Aussie lasses displayed their congeniality in lavish measure.

Lloyd and I, with our new-found companions, retreated back to the hotel where .. well, that's another story. What I can say is that I was immensely impressed by the enthusiasm with which those indigenous to the continent embraced their visitors. Great memories - indeed still capable of putting a smile on my face to this day! ;)

Gordy
4th Aug 2011, 02:04
Brian----Love the poem---I may need to copy it out.... Kinda beats mine that I wrote for her:

I like your style
I love your class
But most of all
I love your ass...

SAS...

Logger Jeans, Timber Beast braces, and cork boots are not the kind of attire you are in need of in the near future.

One did buy a new shirt, AND flew the fair maiden cross country and took her to the beach the other day, (during my 3 days off in the middle of a 27 day stint---oh the glamor of fire fighting)...

The "wheels are in motion" for an event in the near future.... She reads this thread, therefore details will be sketchy, but one will update the thread once said deed is done.....

SASless
4th Aug 2011, 02:32
"Sure Honey Buns.....Take a few days off from work...I'll send ya a ticket! I'll put ya up in my Tent....the fishing is great....you'll get used to the bugs....oh...and don't fuss about your hair as the humidity is near a hundred percent....with a wet bulb of a hundred and six. I'll stock up on Hotdogs, Vienna Sausage, Saltines and Beer! Look for me in the fuel truck at the airport when you get in!"

Gordy Lad....you keep this up and I just might have more a chance than you think! I would have had her off to Barbados or some place in a five star resort.....forked up for her all day Spa visit and provided a chauffered limo for her shopping trip courtesy of my credit card.

We know about you Fire Pilots.....eating out is when you take home the MRE's and the closest you come to a shower is perhaps if you get a good rain shower....which in fire season is not often enough.

topendtorque
4th Aug 2011, 11:42
The "wheels are in motion" for an event in the near future.... She reads this thread, therefore details will be sketchy, but one will update the thread once said deed is done.....

For a bush pilot there's more details on that flight plan than I've seen for quite a time from most pilots I know.

Not quacking for long me thinks. don't think I'll ask for a double on this round. lines from Casablanca jump into my head:{

Gordy
29th Aug 2011, 03:46
So I took SAS's advice, bought a new shirt, took out many mortgages and put a ring on her finger.

To celebrate, the "vertically challenged travel companion" found his own companion too, meet Timothy and Tabitha:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/helokat/IMG_20110815_121933.jpg

Silvrado17
29th Aug 2011, 04:12
A Male Fairy Tale:

Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess, "Will you marry me?"

The Princess said, "No!!!"

And the Prince lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and banged skinny long-legged big-tittied broads and hunted and fished and raced cars and went to naked bars and dated women half his age and drank whiskey, beer and Captain Morgan and never heard bitching and never paid child support or alimony and banged cheerleaders and kept his house and guns and ate spam and potato chips and beans and blew enormous farts and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family thought he was frikin' cool as hell and he had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up.

The end.

Senior Pilot
29th Aug 2011, 04:29
So I took SAS's advice, bought a new shirt, took out many mortgages and put a ring on her finger.

Good man: congratulations :ok:

Just give us plenty of notice to book the flights to the party ;)

blackhand
29th Aug 2011, 04:34
My Advice:
Don't get married.
Find someone you hate and give them your house and 80% of everything else you have.

Saves all the heartache.

Cheers
BH

RVDT
29th Aug 2011, 06:11
This one is definitely a keeper..........................

x51_474sAmQ

ec155mech
29th Aug 2011, 06:19
she's a keeper. can I have two ?

Whirlygig
29th Aug 2011, 09:15
Congratulations Gordy ... well done, my man. :D

Cheers

Whirls

chopper2004
29th Aug 2011, 11:30
Was told by matey who flies for SHS Transporte on the Twin Squirrel that to be aware of the A(viation) I(nduced) D(ivorce) S(yndrome) when I started my training :)

SASless
29th Aug 2011, 11:38
Heck......guess I will have to buy a shirt now....unless Tee-Shirts, Shorts, and Flip Flops qualify for attendance at the Wedding!

I am proud of you Gordy.....keep this up and the competition will be over!

Was that the reason you got Lei'ed in Salt Lake City?

topendtorque
29th Aug 2011, 11:51
Congrats Gordy. I am sure it will help with your multi tasking, you'll no doubt learn soon enough.

Don't worry about Rivet, he's spent too long in Darwin. spare a though for me, now I'll have to slip down the road and tell'im that chungwun that she bin miss outagin. Make sure you give that central Australia a miss when you hear about the big bushfires that are predicted there this year.

F.Nose
29th Aug 2011, 14:13
A Male Fairy Tale:

Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess, "Will you marry me?"

The Princess said, "No!!!"

And the Prince lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and banged skinny long-legged big-tittied broads and hunted and fished and raced cars and went to naked bars and dated women half his age and drank whiskey, beer and Captain Morgan and never heard bitching and never paid child support or alimony and banged cheerleaders and kept his house and guns and ate spam and potato chips and beans and blew enormous farts and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family thought he was frikin' cool as hell and he had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up.

The end.

Thats bloody beautiful!:8 I can't stop chuckling after reading that.:8

Pandalet
30th Aug 2011, 08:12
Congrats, Gordy! And glad to see your little mate isn't going to be lonely when you're not allowed out, too :D

Gordy
24th Mar 2012, 18:18
Deed is done with wedding cake to prove it....

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/helokat/IMG_0869.jpg

Some may recognize the cake from some rocks I stacked a few years back while working a fire..... Clearly stacking rocks is important to us....

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/helokat/IMG_20100928_131233.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/helokat/IMG_0743.jpg

For those who really want to waste 10 minutes of your lives, (video may or may not embed correctly but will play on youtube):

fh3lgDTP_GY

Winnie
24th Mar 2012, 21:29
Congrats to you both!

Hope you get to spend a long life together!!

Cheers
H.
Fellow HAI'er

Brilliant Stuff
24th Mar 2012, 23:21
Congrats!!!!!

Have a fab live together!!!