PDA

View Full Version : Common courtesy of a response?

allthecoolnamesarego
31st Jul 2011, 23:50
Mods,

Just noticed that you locked the thread with a question about why a thread was moved, without providing and answer.

Does common courtesy not apply to Mods?

Is there a reason for moving the initial thread?

Many thanks

Wally Mk2
31st Jul 2011, 23:55
...........ohh I feel another pad lock being reached for right now...........good luck ya won't win !:E I saw 6 locks on one page recently,am keeping an eye on seeing if the Mods can break their own record:ok:

Wmk2

allthecoolnamesarego
31st Jul 2011, 23:59
I see it coming too. I would like to know why though....

The initial thread was nothing to do with PIA discussions, nothing to do with Jet star or other threads. It was a collection point for inconsistencies, all AVIATION related.

Anonymity shouldn't discharge ones manners. I was merely asking why it was moved.

An answer would be nice.

Brian Abraham
1st Aug 2011, 00:06
It's explained in the rules Chaps/Chapesses.

Final arbitration always rests with the moderator and administration team. This team also retains the right to remove any post, any thread and/or any member for any reason or no reason at all. Feel free to report any posts which breach or appear to breach Forum Rules.

Note: PPRuNe is a very busy website moderated by volunteers in their spare time. We may not see every post and do not have the time to explain why posts are deleted.

Think "workload" by volunteers, who may very well have a life besides Pprune. Unlike us. :sad:

bobhoover
1st Aug 2011, 00:32
Perhaps the moderators have been identified by qf, and have been given some sweeteners. They may now be manipulating what content they deem to be suitable for their new found friends. I thought the original thread that was moved was an excellent topic, and should be a stand alone thread.

Tidbinbilla
1st Aug 2011, 01:39
Thanks for the inquiry.

Generally, what Brian wrote is correct. This is a busy site, and we moderate in our spare time. We often don't have the time to write to people. You just have to accept that as the way it is.

Regarding the remark on common courtesy - point taken. See the previous paragraph. It's also common courtesy to send a PM to the mod team, rather than starting another "why was my thread closed/moved/edited?" thread. :)

Reporting Points has been overrun with Qantas threads. Seemingly the slightest bit of news tends to become the subject of yet another new thread, when it more than likely fits into an existing thread. That's why we merge. This also applies to any other topics, whether QF related or not.

Perhaps the moderators have been identified by qf, and have been given some sweeteners. They may now be manipulating what content they deem to be suitable for their new found friends. That's the funniest thing I've read all day :}