PDA

View Full Version : Question about timing for my trip

Enji
31st Jul 2011, 23:15
Hi there,

Going on a trip in about 10 days and unfortunately, for one reason or another i've had to book different flights - though I won't go into that

What i'm wondering is - I'm flying out first from Edinburgh to Gatwick, then from Gatwick onwards with Emirates. These two flights are not connecting, they are seperate bookings. My Emirates flight departs at 10am, which means (from checking Emirates' own website for online check-in) I'll need to drop my bag at the desk 90 minutes prior to this ie. 8:30am. Easyjet 802 from Edinburgh arrives in Gatwick at 7:50am - is this cutting it close or should I be OK? Both use the north terminal. I havn't used Gatwick for a while so not sure what time I could expect to pick up my baggage, leave the terminal and go round to check-in.

My second question is - is there a website where I can check past history of the Easyjet 802 flights in terms of being on time or not? Been on quite a few already and most aren't helping me.

Thanks for any help

Enji
31st Jul 2011, 23:36
i'm very stingy when it comes to opportunities to save money! :)

Plus, I really wanted to ride on that A380 :p

guess I'll look for other flights - as you said, there are too many variables that could go wrong.

Chuchinchow
31st Jul 2011, 23:40
You pays yer money and you takes yer choice!

Good luck.

farci
1st Aug 2011, 07:41
i'm very stingy when it comes to opportunities to save money! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif This website (http://www.flightstats.co.uk/Airline/airlineScorecard.do?airline=U2&airlineQueryDate=2011-08-01&x=18&y=7)tracks flights and their history and 802 looks pretty good.

As a Glaswegian I'm with you on the saving money thang, but as a resident of Central Scotland your money saving tendencies should be tempered with the knowledge that there will be no Plan B if EZY has a problem that morning :uhoh:

Nicholas49
1st Aug 2011, 10:46
What Chuchinchow said. It might be fine, but it just might not be. And then you'll be really stuck. Come down the night before.

Ancient Observer
1st Aug 2011, 11:08
EZY has a track record in Summer of being undermanned. (See their record for July and August 2010). Thus, even though one normally expects early morning flights to be OK, EZY is quite capable of either delaying whilst they look around for crew, or cancelling. I'd try another way of getting there!

Chuchinchow
1st Aug 2011, 18:41
Well done, Enji! You know it makes sense.

Enjoy your flights.

Enji
1st Aug 2011, 21:34
Thanks! I can't wait.

Perhaps this time i'll pop my toilet cherry. Been on at least 16 flights with a duration over 5 hours, 10 flights with a duration over 8 hours, and 2 flights with a duration of over 12 hours.

I've still never used a plane toilet before!

Though, after the two 12 hour flights, short stopovers are now preferred. :p

Nervous SLF
1st Aug 2011, 22:15
Quote "i'm very stingy when it comes to opportunities to save money! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif"

Enji, aircraft toilets are free at the moment you don't have to pay ;)

Chuchinchow
1st Aug 2011, 23:18
Quote "i'm very stingy when it comes to opportunities to save money! "

Enji, aircraft toilets are free at the moment you don't have to pay

Pay attention around 2 minutes and 55 seconds in.

‪FASCINATING AIDA - Cheap Flights‬‏ - YouTube