View Full Version : How to obtain funding for a type rating?

jimmyjetplane
30th Jul 2011, 11:12
In these difficult economic times it would be helpfull to Pilots wishing to fund a type rating to know just how to go about this.
Can all who have recently had to fund a type rating course please step forward and post just where you went to obtain the money to finance this expensive part of the training.

This invitation excludes those individuals who where, or are luck enough to be given the money or have borrowed the money from family and or friends!

I know of quite a few instances where prospective wanabees are simply stuck at this last hurdle as they just can't find a place to go to borow the money.Please let's help them and share our experiences.

Just for the record, I borrowed the money in full from HSBC but my Parent had signed for the loan.Without this priveledge, and kind trust, I would not have been able to secure the loan as I have a poor credit rating.This ironically was from other debts that I was unable to repay on time, having qualified from Oxford on September 10th 2001! Needless to say, jobs to be able to manage and repay the ammount of debt I had incurred, where at that time quite hard to find!!

Good luck to all who are struggling and may you act wisely on the paths that you chose.

Best Jimmy.

captainsuperstorm
30th Jul 2011, 12:16
ask daaaady for money!!!

try mooomy, if daaady does't want pay...

if mooomy doesnt pay, try grandmom or grand dad.

if not go TESCO!!!! :}

KAG
30th Jul 2011, 14:15
In your post: "to fund", "the money", "to finance", "given the money", "borrow the money", the loan", "HSBC", "credit rating", "debts", "repay".

Is that aviation or banking?
Spend only what you have.

MIKECR
30th Jul 2011, 21:40
Are we talking about obtaining funding for doing a speculative type rating on the off chance it will lead to a job? Or are we talking about obtaining funding to do a TR which already has a guaranteed(signed sealed contract) job attached. Two entirely different scenarios.

jimmyjetplane
31st Jul 2011, 11:01
I was referring to the Ryanair scheme in particular, which is now around £24,500.