PDA

View Full Version : Realocating in Rome

Space cowgirl
30th Jul 2011, 10:53
Hi,

Am based in Ciampino so I'm planning to relocate by next October.
Can somebody help with the accommodation? It's being such a nightmare :uhoh:

Thanks.

Space cowgirl

lebowsky
30th Jul 2011, 14:25
Good luck! Rome is a nightmare about renting fees, traffic and so on.
Choose the right zone otherwise you will not be happy...
If you fly for Ryan talk to some of the italians over there, quite a few...
Ciao

lebowsky
30th Jul 2011, 14:43
Colli albani area could be an option btw:p

Space cowgirl
30th Jul 2011, 15:30
Thanks. Let's see. I've check quite a few areas, not only Ciampino, Albano, Frascati, Velletri, Marino but it seems to be difficult :{

Space cowgirl

bufe01
1st Aug 2011, 21:28
500 plus apartments beeing built in S.Maria delle Mole ( 3 mins driving distance, 15 mins on a bicycle!) ), won't be popular though if you are one of those bloody noisemaker the hate here !
Define difficult. The big city or village? Budget range? Family? Shared flat?

Space cowgirl
2nd Aug 2011, 12:36
Hi,

Thanks!

500€ it's ok and I don't mind sharing a flat. I would like a nice place. I don't mind if the city or a nice village not far away from the city and the airport.

When I say "difficult", I mean that I don't speak Italian what, to start with, does not help and second, prices are quite high. Am looking for (if am not sharing), a studio or a little apartment.

Thanks again.

Space cowgirl

bufe01
3rd Aug 2011, 12:58
500Eur....mmmh...
Probably forget the city.
You may get something in the 35 square meters region in the airport surrounding villages.
I suggest you start doing a little research and start having a look at a few place, maybe try a call, you could be surprised and find an english speaker.
A few examples in my village:
Affitto santa maria delle mole - pagina 2 - Trovit Case (http://case.trovit.it/affitto-santa-maria-delle-mole/2#filters/price.100-600/)
Good hunting

iFabio2
3rd Aug 2011, 15:10
I'd say, it also greatly depends whether you have a car or not

fabio

bufe01
3rd Aug 2011, 19:55
Good point, but having said that Rome (and the surrounding area) isn't a place where you could live w\o some kind of personal transportation.
If I may, you are going to be here for some time, believe me there are millions of worse places you could end up to, don't just look for a crash pad.
Get a life, this is Rome after all.
You will be the envy of so many people you couldn't possibly imagine.
On top of that, don't know your COS but I am pretty sure you won't be advertisng yourself with the local IRD.............. .

boardingpass
4th Aug 2011, 06:41
Have a look at Porta Portese annunci gratuiti - il primo portale di annunci per Roma e Lazio (http://www.portaportese.it/)
It's in Italian but is very good, get an Italian speaker to help you. For 500, you will only be able to rent a room. If you want your own monolocale (studio apartment) you should budget more like 700.
You will need a car or at least a scooter.
Most people come and stay a couple weeks in a b&b while they are looking for accommodation.
Start learning Italian, you will need it!
Good luck.

gabriel79
19th Aug 2011, 12:13
Hi, I can provide you a comfortable room in the city center of Rome, located in front of Tiburtina Metro Station, very well served and connected area , just 3 stops far from Termini Raylway station.
For more details contact me by mail: [email protected]

ciao

bedix84
19th Aug 2011, 13:39
space cowgirl...look at this..:ok:
craigslist: rome annunci di lavoro, appartamenti, incontri, in vendita, servizi, comunità ed eventi (http://rome.it.craigslist.it/)

and select the appropriate voice seraching..under case
bye bye:p