PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus Aptitudes

Patsy 001
19th Feb 2001, 03:22
Hello folks

If you get through with a fast track score in the aptitude tests one year, do you have to do them again (or new ones) when reapplying the following year?

Is it true EI may be recruiting some more cadets in 2001?

Sprawler
19th Feb 2001, 13:06
If you made it as far as the second interview stage last year, Parc normally send all your details from the year before straight to Aer Lingus, bypassing the apps and prelim interview. However, be careful. Aer Lingus just seem to review your file from the year before. If you were borderline last year, you might not get called to interview this year. This contradicts with what they tell you in their rejection letter. "Any reapplication will be judged independently of previous applications."

I think it is ridiculous that Aer Lingus should assess you based on previous applications. Anything you may have done during the year to advance your application is not taken into consideration. My advice when reapplying is to insist that Parc send you a new application form to complete before they send your details onto Aer Lingus.

Patsy 001
19th Feb 2001, 14:24
Thanks for that Sprawler

What about the preliminary interview? I got to that stage last year after scoring the high grade on the aptitudes and was hoping to perhaps bypass the aptitudes at any further recruitment - is this a possibility?

Sprawler
19th Feb 2001, 14:44
Not sure, but I reckon you will more than likely go straight to interview. Try giving Parc a call on +353 1 816-1747. Don't know how helpful they'll be, seeing as EI are not recruiting at the mo.

Patsy 001
19th Feb 2001, 15:59
Many thanks for your help and time Sprawler - much appreciated.