PDA

View Full Version : MedFlight pilot on administrative leave

Aser
29th Jul 2011, 18:57
MedFlight pilot on administrative leave - ABC-7.com WZVN News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida (http://www.abc-7.com/story/15143607/2011/07/25/video)

Holmes' attorney, Sam Gold sent us the following statement:

"We continue to believe Mr. Holmes acted in a matter to save lives and property. He got out of the helicopter to guide an ambulance that would have potentially collided with a moving rooter and prevented potential catastrophe. Mr. Holmes could have been killed as well as the ambulance driver; he identified a potential hazard and acted appropriately."

Regards
Aser

grumpytroll
30th Jul 2011, 01:34
Of course without the facts and a full understanding of the event and situation, the story is written. At my company, we are allowed to leave the aircraft while at idle if it is necessary to assist in securing the aircraft at a scene. I don't know where this guy works but his flight suit looks very similar to mine. I don't leave my aircraft while it is running but if a situation arose where I determined that I needed to get out quickly to avoid an ugly incident, I could do so with the blessing of my company. They have determined that doing so does not unduly put the aircraft at risk. The FAA has given their blessing as well. Like anything in aviation, there are guidelines to follow for this situation. Cheers.