PDA

View Full Version : American Flying in italy?

pilotjc925
29th Jul 2011, 18:11
Good Evening! Currently I am a Flight instructor working in the united states at a fairly large school. I'm 21 years old, have the requirements to fly for the regional carriers in the states, but over the last 4 years my career aspirations have changed to working in europe. I lived in italy for a few months as a teenager, and after my first time visiting the country I was hooked. The language, the people all have captured me! I have an FAA CPL MEIR, but also possess a UK passport. Do i have any opportunity to fly in italy in the future?

Grazie a tutti

CAT4R4TTA
29th Jul 2011, 18:37
No...almost impossible

dirk85
29th Jul 2011, 18:45
With a UK passport, if you are willing to convert your license to a JAA one, you have as many possibilities as an italian guy with your similar total time.
Unless you are very lucky, or with good connections, be ready to pay for your type rating though.

Bye!

Skualo3
29th Jul 2011, 18:50
You might stand a better chance getting some experience on an American Regional and apply with stronger credentials then the average European applicant then be one of many 1000's with just piston time.
It is also faster and cheaper to convert an FAA type with time on type to a European one then doing exams and flight test for a Frozen ATPL.
Another alternative would be to target companies with European bases, such as Cathay, or company that allow an oversee residence.
Good Luck

lebowsky
29th Jul 2011, 18:56
Italy currently has possibly the most depressed aviation scene in Europe my friend.
You'd better look somewhere else, at least for the next future.
Regards

mau mau
29th Jul 2011, 21:43
certo che il mondo č proprio strano: orde di piloti venderebbero la madre per poter avere una green e lavorare in USA e questo qua vuole venire a lavorare proprio in Italia! bah!
vendimi la tua green che ci vado io nelle regional magari in california, in cambio ti cedo il mio posto di pilota in italia.
PS: scrivo volutamente in italiano: se vuole lavorare da noi tanto vale adattarsi subito alla lingua :E

blissbak
30th Jul 2011, 02:32
I'd rather go to italy for holiday only

bulik
1st Aug 2011, 12:00
PS: scrivo volutamente in italiano: se vuole lavorare da noi tanto vale adattarsi subito alla lingua http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif

Infatti i piloti di quasi 40 aerei Ryan basati in Italia, quelli di 15 aerei Easy basati a MXP, quelli di 6 aerei LHI basati a MXP, quelli del 747 CX basato a MXP,quelli degli MD80 lituani che volano per Mistral,quelli dei 737 Trawelfly basati a BGY che fanno i nazionali,quelli dei 757/767/A300 DHL che stazionano ogni notte a BGY etc etc etc parlano tutti l'italiano:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

zondaracer
1st Aug 2011, 13:25
pilotjc925,

If you really want to live and work in Europe (and I say Europe because you are limiting yourself if you just look in Italy), look into what it takes to convert your license to a JAA license. It will take you close to a year just to complete the conversion.

There also seems to be more airline job openings (especially at the regional level) in the US right now, compared to Europe. Lots of job openings lately are looking for either guys with time on type, type ratings, or else €30,000 for a type rating.

If you donīt want to be sitting around not flying, looking for a job in Europe, I would recommend that you stay in the US for now while working on a conversion, and wait to see how things pan out in the future in Europe.