PDA

View Full Version : How should a Fresh CPL holder plan his career ahead?

givememywings
29th Jul 2011, 06:40
I have done some research here..and these are the few options ahead for a fresh cpl holder-
a. Frozen ATPL (makes your resume look good..does it?)
b. Instructor rating..working as an instructor to build up hours...do these flying hours count for getting ATPL license? how much does instructor rating cost? and where can it be done in India?
c. Self-sponsored type rating (doesn't seem to be good option with all the finances involved..!)
d. waiting for a job..( i know sitting idle at home and only dreaming of shiny jets is the worst option)...but what sort of jobs can a fresh cpl holder get?? Flying smaller planes..charters, till the 'big break' comes?

which one seems to be a better option?? what should i go ahead with once i complete my CPL training in IGRUA ( approximately 1 1/2 years from now) ?? times may be very tough out there..but i want to go ahead with it..but it shouldn't sound like a stupid risk... and 62 placements in Air India from IGRUA seems to be a very positive news..but i can't completely rely on a campus placement to come to me...i know it won't be that easy..so how do i plan ahead?

and what does the selection procedure for a co-pilot in India like?? how tough the written exams are? does it involve tests on simulator? any other airline specific medical exam or just class 1 medical ?

I have read that by 2013 all the FOREIGN pilots working in India will not be allowed to work anymore? will that really happen in future because this was supposed to happen already in 2010, but they keep getting extensions? and does this mean that there will be more job opportunities for a fresh cpl holder??

viral_1212
29th Jul 2011, 06:56
hey r u done with the interview and the aptitude test???how was it???i have it on the 4th of august...any tips???and did u take ur class 2 medical???

captainsuperstorm
29th Jul 2011, 08:05
what sort of jobs can a fresh cpl holder get-unemployed, (not a job I know)
-mac donald, if lucky
-burger king, if lucky
-kfc, if lucky
-Pizza hut, if lucky

if you dont like food

-tesco, if lucky
-carrefour, if lucky

if you dont like store

-security guard
-dish cleaner
-pimp

many jobs available for pilots:ugh:you have the choice!

or ask your dady for t/r and XXXX hours of line training, and PAY TO WORK until the airline kick you out for the next idiot who believe he will get a paid job!

givememywings
29th Jul 2011, 08:32
@viral_1212: read this forum...
Interview for CPL at IGRUA - PPRuNe Forums (http://www.pprune.org/showthread.php?t=458050&referrerid=361011)

my class 2 medical is done..the details for class 2 medical is on the dgca website...it gives a list of all the dgca approved doctors..

viral_1212
29th Jul 2011, 10:43
thanx man...how was yours???how much did u score in the pilot aptitude test??did u apply for class 1 medicals

givememywings
29th Jul 2011, 12:34
i scored around 71%...for class 1 medical you first have to get your class 2 done..after the class 2 certificate is issued by DGCA, you can apply for class 1...for this first you have to take an appointment at a DGCA approved class 1 medical centers (given on dgca website)..once you get an appointment...send a request for PMR forwarding to DGCA medical cell..the format for PMR forwarding is given on the website..