PDA

View Full Version : Knuffingen Airport - germans build a model

lurker999
28th Jul 2011, 13:05
as you can imagine it's not the normal beast. as with all airports it's quite expensive - 3.5M euros and took 6 years.

miniatur wunderland - Hamburg if you want to visit.

-kkhhlezdSU

4_06qrFnvnw

Knuffingen Airport: German builds world's largest model airport | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1383532/Knuffingen-Airport-German-builds-worlds-largest-model-airport.html#ixzz1TSR5hwdk)

amazing.

OFSO
28th Jul 2011, 15:20
There used to be a HUGE model of Frankfurt airport at FFaM, never spent enough time watching it, the aircraft came out, taxied and took off up wires. Beautifully made and can't remember ever seeing it not working.

(I was going to say something rude about the REAL Frankfurt airport but can't think of any bad experience I ever had there other than going deaf in the Dorian Grey disco under the airport and getting my knee bitten by a dwarf in the synthetic fog while dancing, but that was my fault).

Good place, THE AIRPORT not the disco, well run. Wonder if that's still true ? Actually the disco was all right too, some nifty stews in there between flights....now there IS potential for a model....

Storminnorm
28th Jul 2011, 15:24
Probably closed because of cruelty to dwarves?
There MUST be a Euro-directive about the depth of fog??

11Fan
28th Jul 2011, 17:02
Dorian Grey disco under the airport

Tried to find that one night. Never did. Was lucky to find my way back to my hotel.

hellsbrink
28th Jul 2011, 19:46
How many times will we see a thread about this model airport?

Must be the third or fourth one now......

Um... lifting...
29th Jul 2011, 03:02
Fellow I know has a better airport model than this in his shed.

It's quite a shed.:p

Big Tudor
29th Jul 2011, 03:35
Oh hell Um... lifting... , you've mentioned shed. Now your gonna have Drapes & co along discussing the relative merits of each hut, and dismissing your example as a poor imitation! ;)