PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming to become a pilot in the future! please help :)

pangya
28th Jul 2011, 11:19
Good PM to all of you! I am dreaming to become a commercial pilot next time.

First of all....
1. I am only 13 years old and studying at a good school in manila
2. I live in the Philippines so answers from Philippine pilot and other pilots,, K will be very greatfull about it..

At this age,, I am really dreaming to become a pilot! every time I hear the engines of the airplanes at NAIA i becme envy and I hope i was the one piloting those planes:)

I am craving to become one and I know i still need to finish college,, so right now I am flying FSX..

Questions to pilots out there..
1. should i get good grades now in high school and what college degree should i get to become a comeercial pilot??
2. 50k dollars right to be enrolled in a good flying school??
3. what are the best schools to enter here in the philippines??

Please give me additional tips!!

I hope after 10 years I can post here again and say,, I am now a certified pilot:)

oh well for now,, these are only dreams and I want it to be fulfilled,, so please help!! thanks!!

add me on my ym send me a pm because i dont want everyone to see my ym.

I hope we can chat there,, :) thanks

kshiteej_wizard
28th Jul 2011, 14:53
hii pangya...
u seem to be very young to be thinking of becoming a pilot some day.its quite comendable that u thought of joining this forum and asking quests abt ur future..well champ i can only tell u that the present situation in aviation is really not that good.and there is a major backlog to b filled.so i would suggest u is to also look for other career aspects...and keep surfing this site to knw more abt the global situation.and who knows by the tym u grow thngs mite change..neway al d best.

japanam
29th Jul 2011, 00:05
@ Pangya

The backlog doesn't matter; as long as you have a desire to succeed, then you should give it a go. However, it is a good idea to keep another trick up your sleeve so that should you hit any bricks along your path, you have something to rely on.

One more advice our good friend k****eej_wizard kindly demonstrated, don't talk text! It won't get you a job anywhere if you can't speak, type, and write correctly. It's "time", not tym; "might" not mite, "know" not knw.

See the pattern? He's only saving a fraction of a second by not typing one or two letters. I sure as hell hope that anyone I fly with will not cut corners by skipping "one or two" steps in the checklist. Pilots must dot every "i" and cross every "t".

Good luck!:ok:

training wheels
29th Jul 2011, 03:13
I remember being as enthusiastic as you at your age. Don't let anyone discourage you like the first reply above. Maintain high standards in school and in everything else you do .. with that kind of mindset, and healthy interest and enthusiasm in aviation, you're well on the way to becoming a pilot. BTW, you can start pilot training from the age of 16 and gain a commercial license at 18, so if you have the funds available, you can start in 3 years time. Good luck.

(And please don't use SMS type text when you write (like the first reply) .. there's nothing more annoying than having to read that crap :rolleyes: )

kshiteej_wizard
29th Jul 2011, 08:10
guys i was on mobile so i could type only 512 letters in one letter.this is a site to help and not to criticize.which i see a lot on this forum.anyway i dont find it important enough for people saying someone elses view as c@%& to be responded.
@pangya
well buddy u have lots of years to do research on your dream i am not stopping you but i felt its my duty to tell u the present situation and furture trend.you are always welcome into aviation no one is ever going to stop you.always have a second choice.

kshiteej_wizard
29th Jul 2011, 08:18
the reason i am telling you is that i have seen lots of my friends spending $50k on their training only to find out there are no jobs.they spent their parents hard earned money for this training but when you know theres no job.they wer mentally disturbed.i know i am harsh here but u need to know the reality first.it doesnt matter if any one criticizes me.
u r still young who knows by the time you start training,there will be lots of jobs.so think of both ends.and always keep a second thought.
happy landings

karthick1985
29th Jul 2011, 09:45
totally agree with u bro..........lets be realistic and pragmatic ppl........

kshiteej_wizard
29th Jul 2011, 19:26
appreciate that!!

Cactus225
30th Jul 2011, 07:23
@ pangya,

To be planning your career to this level at 13 years of age is absolutely remarkable. The initiative more so. I think you should be fine and would make a great pilot.

True there arent many jobs around right now. But do not worry. Five years should make a lot of difference and if you spend these years wisely nothing could stop you from getting into a cockpit at 18.

I aint from Philippines so dont know about the schools there.

But studies never hurt anyone- keep at it. Stick to Physics and Math.

Aviation is not just limited to your own country- so think global.

I suggest a JAR license to start your career with. (That gives you access to more jobs and is recognized as a global standard)

Also keep looking into any CADET PILOT openings that you may be eligible for- that would reduce the hassles of finding a job after the CPL- Some airlines also partly fund your CPL/TR- so you could save some money that way too.

hope after 10 years I can post here again and say,, I am now a certified pilothttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

Dont aim that far- you could make it in FIVE YEARS.

There is a girl who commanded an ATR 72 at 21 years of age dude... you could do better.:ok:

Keep working for it..

Best Luck!

japanam
31st Jul 2011, 04:03
"this is a site to help and not to criticize."

Thay's exactly what we're doing, trying to help. Don't type text, which you no longer do, GOOD JOB!:D

B737NG
31st Jul 2011, 08:25
This not to critisize this is just a question:

KS..._wizard belongs to the Atari-Generation who are glued to the mobile phone and write then in a slang that drives Teachers nuts and the grades down.....?

Now just a few thoughts for the ambigious Chap: Magandang umaga,

As earlier suggested: Get a JAR-Licence would be a aim for the second step. I am not aware that there is a JAR approved school in the Philipinnes so you might start localy with a ICAO-Licence, then get a JAR Licence after that, if you want to top all up get a FAA Licence as well as it is easier and cheaper to get a Type Rating in the US. In some areas of the JAR-Licence "world" you get charged double the amount for the same Type rating. In US you can get a B737-rating for around 10.000 USD, a B737-JAR-Rating sucks you out +20.000. USD as the exchange rate Dollar / Euro is also contributing to the fact at the moment.

So as saight in earlier posts, be determind, keep your focus on your goal and try allways to be a tick better then your camrades in school. If they go clubbing then donīt get too far too late with them and look the extra mile in the books now and then. Keep asking questions to get answers to gain knowledge that never hurts. You can go clubbing after you are in the seat now and then and yoru former "friends" get jealous what you achieved then. You can be there in less then 10 years, not a miracle. Be also prepared to go abroad, it may open you more doors and opportunities then.

Fly safe and land happy

NG

kshiteej_wizard
31st Jul 2011, 09:40
dear 737NG
i dont know what tape recorder generation you come from.your comments dont matter a lot to me or to anyone else here.
so i would request you respecting your age to not read a lot between the lines and just stick to what the topic is.i am sure this guy who posted this question is not going to get any help from it.
i am sure you will desperately want to reply this with harsh words and yes you will but it wont really matter me so go ahead.
-good wishes

pangya
2nd Aug 2011, 12:16
hi everyone! thanks again for answering my questions. I was very busy and only had the time to check my post again now.

Sorry for my text type chatting. I did'nt know that it was very annoying to you. Sorry! It was my first post...so know I know! :)

Seems like everybody is saying that it is really very hard to enter a pilot job nowadays.
And the risk is even higher, because maybe I need to pay 50k+ Dollars to get the pilot training and I still would not be able to enter a good airlines. SAD ..:)

pangya
2nd Aug 2011, 12:19
can anyone tell me any good airlines school in the philippines??

I know it is a bit early to ask this question since I am only 13 years old, but I want to make a research about that school thanks! :)

Also one problem, whenever my parents ask me what course I would want to take up in college, they would always say I "SHOULD" at least enter La Salle College or Ateneo . They don't know that my dream is to be a pilot. My sister is the only one that knows my dream. How can I say this to my parents that I want to be a pilot? I think they will really get disappointed because at the first place, they want me to become a civil engineering! zzz!

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP FELLOW FORUMERS :)

Captain Kimchi
2nd Aug 2011, 15:30
Fortunaly you are not allone with your opinion, type full and everyone getīs it. Maybe you are earlier then the tape recorder but I like what I read.

pangya
4th Aug 2011, 04:49
Any Philippine pilots out there that I can add at my FB or YM?? So I can at least ask some questions about aviation!! thanks

Ankit Kotecha
5th Aug 2011, 00:24
yo..
am from Philippines.. stay near NAIA

[email protected]