PDA

View Full Version : iPad trials

ottergirl
27th Jul 2011, 15:09
Hi
I was wondering, while we are trialling iPads as a useful tool onboard for SCCMs whether any other carriers SCCMs use them or something similar already. (The Crew rumour network suggest QF have something similar.) If so, are they useful? What do you use them for mainly? Has it changed the way you do things?
While I am all for getting control of a new iPad 2 I can't imagine that they will be so useful as to justify the outlay.
Regards
ottergirl

bubblyguy
31st Jul 2011, 00:56
I am a CSM for another airline and use my iPad to do reports all the time. I am able to connect using Citrix to my airlines network and use all the systems you would be able to use as of you were on a computer in the office.

It's fantastic because it's so compact and light weight. I might change to a Macbook Air next new model they have but it certainly is better than writing, holding on to the paperwork and having to fax it off or post it.

The only drawback is typing can sometimes be slow in Citrix.

CameronFly
9th Jan 2012, 14:46
Any update on the iPad trials from the crew members' perspective? I find this an interesting topic and would love to know what your experience with them has been like.

TightSlot
9th Jan 2012, 19:06
I use mine at work in an unofficial capacity - Google translate is really useful for those who don't speak English. I have a little speech about the flight saved in note form - cut & paste into the app and it's now available in Armenian (or whatever) - Love it!!!

Betty girl
9th Jan 2012, 22:27
They are great.

We get a full passenger list with a seat plan showing all passengers and empty seats, special meals, passengers with needs, Gold cards, silvers etc. , ability to send messages to BA, Customer relations info, incident form etc. etc. all forwarded electronically once we land.
All our manuals and countless other bits of information.

It has been a complete success and BA are rolling it out to all in charge cabin crew and now trialling it for some ground staff as well.