PDA

View Full Version : Sex on business ?

OFSO
27th Jul 2011, 11:37
"Woman sues Australian government department after light fitting fell on her and injured her as she was making love in a motel room while on government business"....did I really read this somewhere ?

Henry09
27th Jul 2011, 12:24
Was she swinging from the chandelier?

Um... lifting...
27th Jul 2011, 12:24
Enny fule no you give the fixtures in a new setting a good workout by swinging around the room a time or two before bringing them into the ol' repertoire.

Sallyann1234
27th Jul 2011, 12:39
Should have stuck to the missionary position.

OFSO
27th Jul 2011, 12:46
While having sex on a work trip, light fitting falls on Aussie woman's face. She sues government.

SYDNEY - AN AUSTRALIAN woman injured when a hotel room light fitting fell and hit her on the face while she was having sex on a work trip sued the government on Wednesday, claiming she was entitled to compensation. The woman suffered injuries to her nose, mouth and a tooth and was mentally scarred after the glass fitting fell from the wall over the bed and struck her in the face as she had sex, her lawyer said. A government employee, she was staying overnight at a rural hotel ahead of a meeting and has lodged a case in the Federal Court claiming she should get damages because the incident happened while she was on official business. Her lawyer, Mr Leo Grey, told judge John Nicholas the woman was hurt in 'an ordinary incident of life commonly undertaken in a motel room at night', and she was not required to get official permission to have someone in her room.

Another reminder that when in doubt of the security of light fittings, adopting the doggie position is by far the safest !

Worrals in the wilds
27th Jul 2011, 13:00
Maybe there'll be a Comcare claim for a bad back as well...:ouch:
At least she stayed in a room. Back when I was OHMS-DU the hotel allowance was paid in cash with no requirement to present any receipts. Thrifty (aka miserable) public servants were pitching tents, staying on friends' floors or finding a week's worth of one night stands (no mean feat in Canberra) so they could pocket the allowance instead of paying for accomodation.

From memory the whole thing got reviewed after three interstate public servants spent a week living in a car in a Canberra carpark, cooking meals on a gas stove beside it. Apparently their collective Wall Of BO at meetings by about the fourth day was a bit of a giveaway.

goudie
27th Jul 2011, 13:40
light fitting fell and hit her on the face

If the light fitting was above the headboard then she should have moved the bed away from the wall to prevent it shaking the fitting loose. Anyway shouldn't it have hit the bloke or whoever, on the back of the head? Assuming that's where their head was at the time!

Mea culpa, methinks.

Shack37
27th Jul 2011, 13:59
Why did she feel the need to even mention she was having a sports night anyway. The light fitting would still have landed on her if she had been alone. Trying to demonstrate she still has "pulling power"?

If the light fitting was above the headboard then she should have moved the bed away from the wall to prevent it shaking the fitting loose. Anyway shouldn't it have hit the bloke or whoever, on the back of the head? Assuming that's where their head was at the time!

Or where the sun (allegedly) don't shine.

DancingOnTheCeiling
27th Jul 2011, 15:36
that's disappointing, I thought this thread was some sort of offer/promotion :ooh:

MadsDad
27th Jul 2011, 15:44
Nearly as good as the headline from the News Of The World, when still extant:-

'Nudist Welfare Man's Model Wife Fell for the Chinese Hypnotist from the Co-Op Bacon Factory'

Says it all really. Full article:-

http://jonslattery.********.com/2011/07/was-this-news-of-worlds-best-headline.html

Slasher
27th Jul 2011, 16:04
....as she was making love in a motel room while on government business"

Looks to me like getting chatted up in the hotel bar and then
getting shagged afterwards must be part of her government
job description.

Anyone know who the tart was? Any pics available for a size
up of the government goods?

11Fan
27th Jul 2011, 18:04
One wonders if her "partner" would rather remain anonymous. :hmm:

Noah Zark.
27th Jul 2011, 19:25
Quite obviously didn't carry out a pre-performance risk assessment as required by the Elf Ansafety Fun Police!

Takan Inchovit
27th Jul 2011, 20:18
S'Funny, didn't realise the Guvmint still owned an airline!

Capot
27th Jul 2011, 23:02
Mea culpa, methinks.

Good Lord! Were you there? What part did you play in this unfortunate lady's misfortune?

I feel there's a story here. Come on; spill the beans!

notmyC150v2
27th Jul 2011, 23:09
The really funny thing is that her claim will probably succeed. There have been other cases where an employee has gone on a business trip to a far away land, blown off the conference they were sent to attend and then broken their leg on a tour of some ruins.

They claimed workers comp and were successful because they would not have been in the country and therefore on the tour if they weren't sent there by the employer.

I guess this lass is going to argue that she wouldn't have been in that hotel room at that time if she wasn't required to be there by her employer.

I tells ya, there is nothing more entertaining than employment law. I could go on for hours...:}:}

I will tell the story about the hospitality worker who woke up to his room mate "helping himself" another day...

ShyTorque
27th Jul 2011, 23:10
Is the department she works for recruiting? CV waiting.

parabellum
27th Jul 2011, 23:19
It doesn't say if her partner was male or female?

(Salacious comment for the benefit of Slasher & Co.:E).

rh200
27th Jul 2011, 23:25
Why did she feel the need to even mention she was having a sports night anyway. The light fitting would still have landed on her if she had been alone

It doesn't say if her partner was male or female?

I must have missed it, I didn't see a mention of a partner, I'm presuming you can get main's powered devices.:E

hei yu
28th Jul 2011, 01:29
Funny or otherwise, I suppose business is business !

Worrals in the wilds
28th Jul 2011, 02:44
I take it the double entendre was intended ;).
Fair enough, but I just get a bit sick of the whole 'mentally scarred' thing. If she wants medical costs for the cuts and dental work fine, but IMO getting donged on the head with a light fitting while shagging on a work trip is not worthy of 'mental anguish' compo, even if the Commonwealth is picking up the tab. If you're that delicate maybe you should stick to drinking Milo and watching Taggart reruns while resting in your motel room between WOFTAM conferences and team building exercises.

But Andrew Berger, for ComCare, said sex was not "an ordinary incident of an overnight stay like showering, sleeping or eating".
While sexual activity was an ordinary incident, it was not necessary, he added.
Sounds like the Comcare guys don't get lucky while they're away on business...:E
Public servant hurt having sex in motel is entitled to compo, judge told | Herald Sun (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/public-servant-hurt-having-sex-in-motel-is-entitled-to-compo-judge-told/story-fn7x8me2-1226103118908)

Worrals in the wilds
28th Jul 2011, 03:45
Agreed :eek:
Actually I've attended a few public service conferences and felt like doing exactly that to quite a number of other participants. No doubt the feeling was mutual :E.

rh200
28th Jul 2011, 07:09
No doubt the feeling was mutual

Possibly for different motives though:E

Brian Abraham
28th Jul 2011, 09:21
To put Slasher out of his misery.

A public servant injured on a work trip while having sex with an acquaintance at a motel was entitled to compensation, a judge has been told.

The woman's barrister, Leo Grey, said sex was "an ordinary incident of life" commonly undertaken in a motel room at night, just like sleeping or showering.

The woman, who cannot be named, is challenging the rejection of her workers' compensation claim for facial and psychological injuries suffered when a glass light fitting came away from the wall above the bed as she was having sex in November 2007.

In his statement, the man said they were "going hard".

"I do not know if we bump the light or it just fell off," he said.

"I think she was on her back when it happened but I was not paying attention because we are rolling around".

In the Federal Court in Sydney on Wednesday, Mr Grey said the woman's employer had sent her to spend the night at a NSW rural motel ahead of a departmental meeting the next day.

He submitted errors of law were made by ComCare, the federal government workplace safety body, in rejecting her claim.

The barrister referred to previous cases, including when compensation was granted to a worker who slipped in the shower at a hotel.

But Andrew Berger, for ComCare, said the sex was not "an ordinary incident of an overnight stay like showering, sleeping or eating".

While sexual activity was an ordinary incident, it was not necessary, he added.

Describing the case as "by no means easy", Justice John Nicholas asked if the woman had been injured in a motel gym on an exercise bike, would that be compensable.

Mr Berger said it would depend on all the circumstances but it would "probably fall on the compensable side".

Mr Grey said there was no suggestion the woman had engaged in any misconduct and noted the absence of any rule that employees should not have anyone else in their room.

"This is not the 1920s after all," he said.

She was entitled to compensation because she was at "a particular place", as specified in the legislation.

The activities had not occurred "outside the place", such as in the bandstand in the local park, he said.

Mr Berger submitted the sexual activity was not a reasonably foreseeable part of an overnight stay, while Mr Grey argued it was not a "far fetched" scenario.

Mr Berger said there was not a sufficient nexus between the cause of the injury, sexual activity, and her employment.

The judge will deliver his finding on an unspecified date.

stuckgear
28th Jul 2011, 10:02
Should have stuck to the missionary position.

pfft ! sallyanne, against the hotel room window is more preferable!

I must have missed it, I didn't see a mention of a partner, I'm presuming you can get main's powered devices

you can even get USB powered devices.... here (http://www.condomcountry.com.au/item/t-vib-usb-kit-10func.html)

of course now slasher will be wondering how many female Ppruners are using such a device (sirikit excluded)

goudie
28th Jul 2011, 10:08
(sirikit excluded)

Good and very wise, thinking!

Worrals in the wilds
28th Jul 2011, 10:14
Well, it's like cooking. Some people buy every new gadget under the sun and have a kitchen full of white buzzy things from Breville.

Some people have a steel frypan, cast iron pot and some very basic implements. Either method can produce great food, it's just the question of how to get there. :}

vulcanised
28th Jul 2011, 11:52
Apparently THAT is a light bulb,

See your lightbulb and raise you a milk bottle. That's what appeared on the x-ray of a gentleman who batted for the other side and attended the local hospital because he lost his grip on it.

27mm
28th Jul 2011, 13:02
Not forgetting the gentleman with a mobile phone stuck up his rectum - shortly after the surgical procedure to remove it began, it rang; cue collapse of theatre staff in giggles.....apparently the gentleman in question wanted to have the sensations of it in "vibrate" mode.... :ooh:

FullOppositeRudder
28th Jul 2011, 13:21
I once told a bloke what he could do with his mobile phone :eek:.

I wonder if it's the same one ?

Mallan
28th Jul 2011, 13:38
Whatever you do do not 'R' not mention the hamster.

Uooops .too late.

OFSO
28th Jul 2011, 13:56
There's a famous case that reached the Labour Courts in France years ago.

A travelling salesman going from city A to city B deviated from his route by 50kms or so, in order to spend the night with his bit of crumpet. Next morning after departing he had an automobile accident which landed him in hospital. His company (or company insurers, same thing) refused to pay his medical expenses or car repairs, something like that. Went to the courts who found in favour of the salesman as "nothing could be more natural than if he had accomodation available" (and in the Decision it was diplomatically implied = with a bit of fluff installed in it) "that he should use it in preference to staying in a motel/hotel." Case dismissed.

Quite right too in my opinion.