PDA

View Full Version : Even worse than Benny Hinn

Hussar 54
26th Jul 2011, 22:33
Nothing much to do, should've been sleeping but couldn't, and flicking through the available channels in the hotel here this afternoon, I came across the ultimate shyster / conman / criminal - one who makes dear old Benny seem like a positive saint...

A thoroughly disgusting and nauseating American ' preacher ' by the name of Dr Tood Koontz !!

I say ' preacher ' because he didn't even preach anything - he just sat there for 30 minures, face on to the camera, regular twitching of the neck and shoulder muscles in the manner of a weightlifter preparing for a world record, and with the humourless intensity of a photocopier salesman had the absolute nerve and crap to repeat over and over that ' God has spoken to me just today, and he wants me to tell you that for 72 hours only, those that sow a seed of just $1,000 will receive God's blessing and will be finacially rewarded many times over....So rush to your phone NOW! and call this number, sow just $1,000 for your own financial security, and remember to tell the operator that you wish to receive the 72 hour blessing '...

Well...I'm not religious, but I do have faint memories from 50+ years ago at the Youth Section of the church my parents used to send me to ( ever wondered the real purpose of afternoon Sunday School when three generations share the same house ?? ) that when the bible talked of ' sewing my seed ' it had a rather different meaning....

But I digress....

This ars**ole Koontz even had a special message that ' God will give especially to those who will give up their most precious belongings - he will recognise that your faith in him is even more important to you than your own last, worldly goods and reward you before all others '.... In other words, even if you don't have $1,000 and have to borrow it, or you can't really afford to be conned out of your last few dollars, you will actually benefit from it financially if you send everything you have to a ' Ministry ' called Rockwealth Inc with a mailbox address in Texas....

I cannot, absolutely cannot understand why the US Government continues to allow these so-called preachers, pastors, and in this case, no doubt self-appointed ' Dr ' etc, etc, to patently, obviously and so brazenly lie, cheat and scam so many people....

Here in West Africa ( the real[I] spirtual home of scammers, I thought, until this afternoon ) millions of people are so full of poverty and despair that they actually believe the religious crap they hear ( Christian mainly, Muslim Clerics don't ask for ' your seeds ' ) and will, no doubt, be sending their last few dollars in the belief that they will miraculously receive even more back - after all, it's better than just handing over every week 15% of their virtually nothing salary to the local ' Church of the Redeemed Saints ' or ' Church of the Fire of God ' for nothing back other than a reason to hope and, more importantly, to keep the ' Minister ' in new Mercedes' , as they all seem to have even though the roads are usually unsurfaced, dirt roads...

It's just that with this Koontz fraudster ( so appropriately named, him and his family ) there's absoutely nothing back - not even 'usually priced at over $100' 30 minute videos of him preaching, and curing lepers or cancer sufferers in Carolina with just a thumb on the forehead, Benny Hinn style....Or a 40cl bottle of Miracle Water from Jerusalem.....Nothing whatsoever - just [I][B]Give me your money '....[B]

Is this professional begging and fraud, disguised as religion, legal in the USA and / or Europe ?? This isn't a humanitarian appeal for disaster relief aid - this is lies and deceipt on an industrial scale....Down here it's absolutely normal, part of every day life, but can't the various Broadcasting authorities around the world at the least prevent these US fraudsters airtime on TV, and at the best prosecute them or the TV stations under some misrepresentation or false advertisng charge ??

This Koontz tw*t should be arrested and locked up for fraud for the rest of his life for what he's doing - remember Bernie Madoff got, what, 400+ years for more or less the same lies...

And hopefully, if there really is a God, it will be Eternal Hell from thereafter...For him, for Hinn, and the others....

Phew - rant over and another 30 minutes killed....

Metro man
27th Jul 2011, 01:23
Religion is an excellent business to get into in the USA, favourable tax treatment and no proof needed of whatever you want to preach. Grab a bible and thump away or make up your own nonsense like L. Ron Hubbard did with Scientology.

The courts are prohibited from ruling on the truth of what you're preaching.

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
H. L. Mencken
US editor (1880 - 1956)

Sallyann1234
27th Jul 2011, 13:55
Happens in the UK too:

Matthew Ashimolowo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Ashimolowo)

Matari
27th Jul 2011, 16:44
Remote control "off" switches are an amazing invention.

The courts are prohibited from ruling on the truth of what you're preaching.

And that's a wonderful thing.

Sir George Cayley
27th Jul 2011, 19:20
Just don't listen to him, he's obviously a fraudster.

Whereas I'm the real McCoy and can guarantee eternal blessings and a VIP pass into the inner sanctum of Heaven :ok:

And I'm cheaper too. Just $500 is all it needs.

Sir George Cayley in association with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ;)

Cacophonix
27th Jul 2011, 20:05
They don't get much worse than this shyster and his wife...

q7BQKu0YP8Y

con-pilot
27th Jul 2011, 21:59
Oops, after watching that bit on Popoff, I better rethink my new cunning and clever plan of becoming rich. :(

I used to fly with another pilot that went to work flying a TV Evangelist.

Now he is a fairly famous TV Evangelist and flies his own, as in personally owned, Citation X.

He said pay is a lot better now, same with QOL.

Sorry, but I just could not take money from people under those circumstances. So I'll just wait until I win a really, really big lottery to become rich. :p

Yellow & Blue Baron
27th Jul 2011, 22:21
Apparently these "preachers" fly around in jets and drive luxury cars. Isn't this enough to cause people to think twice before handing over their money? I mean if there is one job in the world where others should come first you would think this would be it.

It looks like they robbing the poor to make one greedy (and ungodly) person rich!

Tankertrashnav
27th Jul 2011, 22:55
Great to see that Randi is still doing his stuff (just checked out his website). I saw him debunk that arch conman Uri Geller once, but still the gullible refuse to listen to real evidence, and prefer to be taken in.

Um... lifting...
28th Jul 2011, 02:25
Carl Hiaasen's "Double Whammy" is a fine read on those red-eye flights. It's got it all... faith-healers, bass fishing, a reclusive former governor who lives on roadkill, and cheerleaders in hip waders (how con-pilot missed this one I can't imagine).

While Popoff may have declared bankruptcy in 1987, he's back at it. I would imagine with a slicker stage presentation and tinier personal electronics.

index (http://peterpopoffministries.com/)

The word 'racism' is batted around with abandon in the U.S. This joker targets the vulnerable by age, illness, and yes, race.

Peter Popoff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Popoff)

con-pilot
28th Jul 2011, 03:09
Carl Hiaasen

Are you kidding, I love Carl Hiaasen. I have all of his books. :ok:

Metro man
28th Jul 2011, 05:01
Here's a link to donate to Benny Hinn. Major credit cards accepted:E

https://www.bennyhinn.org/donate/default.cfm?referrer=na_dove1

That Gulfstream must cost a bit to run.

Benny Hinn Misteries wants your Donation for a Private Jet
Benny Hinn Ministries request the worshipers to donate $1000 to pay for a Private Jet
Benny Hinn Ministries says:
..we have recently taken delivery on our Gulfstream G4SP plane, which we call Dove One. I have enclosed a beautiful photo-filled brochure to explain more about this incredible ministry tool that will increase the scope of our abilities to preach the Gospel around the globe. Now we must pay the remainder of the down payment, and I am asking the Lord Jesus to speak to 6,000 of my precious partners to sow a seed of $1,000 in the next ninety days. And I am praying, even as I write this letter, that you will be one of them!
He says, that he can reach a wider audience in the world with a Private Jet than the regular plane trips which he is making it frequently to preach nationwide. Why can't he use a Live Sermon on the web instead of this costly venture? He can download the video even to Youtube for free. But, whether we like it or not, there are so many people out there who is donating him in large amounts on a daily basis. Read the letter in the article, it is more hilarious than a serious request for aid.

blue up
28th Jul 2011, 07:55
Never heard of Benny Hinn so I googled. Small typo.....

Funny Water Bloopers - Video (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/217395/funny_water_bloopers/?source=playlist)

http://getmovielink.com/images/covers/TheBestofBennyHill.jpg

Lou Scannon
28th Jul 2011, 15:03
When I used to be stuck in the US on a Sunday Morning I used to flick around the "God" channels. As soon as the channel came on I started a stopwatch and then stopped it as soon as the mention was made of sending them money.

It rarely took more than 30 secs!

In later years I took satisfaction in watching these people and their unpleasant pals either go to jail...or try to enter politics in one case.

At times being an atheist has its downside as I can't look forward to these charlatans ever receiving what should be coming to them!

radeng
28th Jul 2011, 18:00
The famous two Jimmy's...

Jimmy calls Jimmy Swaggert.

"Jimmy, can prostitutes be saved"

"Yes, Jimmy, all God's creatures can be saved"

"Then save me a prostitute until I get out of jail!"