PDA

View Full Version : Luxury for the Pedallists

SMT Member
26th Jul 2011, 21:23
Saw a blurp on CNN, and heard the word "Copenhagenisation". Apparently it's got to to with developing a city into being a bike friendly place. Well, the good people of Copenhagen certainly don't miss a trick when it comes to appeasing the pedaling community.

http://i51.tinypic.com/dztkc2.jpg

The footrest. Placed at various intersections, providing a more comfortable resting position for bicyclists waiting on green (which are presumably very few, given the general tendency of bicyclists to ignore traffic lights). The footrests come festooned with moral boosting slogans such as "thanks for taking the bike" and "keep Copenhagen green", and a price tag just short of 1000 Euro.

11Fan
26th Jul 2011, 21:42
"keep Copenhagen green"

http://www.tobaccopub.com/gallery/medium/7825/tobacco.jpg?1263470625

Heliport
26th Jul 2011, 21:52
providing a more comfortable resting position for bicyclists waiting on green (which are presumably very few, given the general tendency of bicyclists to ignore traffic lights) ................ and a price tag just short of 1000 Euro.

I can only hope that city authorities in the UK don't find out and copy the ludicrous idea. :eek::rolleyes:
Same in London - most cyclists don't wait for green anyway.

wiggy
26th Jul 2011, 22:14
Good idea...keeps the cleats clean and maybe sets you up for the getaway that allows to get ahead of the car that's driven by the individual that can't be bothered to indicate before making that killer right/left turn.......

Beats me why anybody wants to drive or cycle around central London but each to their own I guess....

most cyclists don't wait for green anyway. Must admit I got some pretty strange looks from a Municipal policeman the other week when, being a law abiding Brit, I did stop at a red in a local town towards the end of a cyclosportive ( to be totally honest I'd done all of 60 kms, I needed a breather and Cav I'm not)....... Won't do it ( stop at a red that is) again..too bleedin' embarassing.