PDA

View Full Version : Flying with air india

echo.mike.india
26th Jul 2011, 16:19
This is to all the unemployed pilots in india
We all are hearing about air india's losses, salary delay's, low flying hours,poor management structure etc etc...
and i have been hearing quite a thing from pilots ..ok professional pilots...from india that air india is the worst airline to work to work for its World's ****tiest airline. "f#cked up standards, despicable .. everything from it's management, training, safety, customer service, OTP .. (typical maharaja culture biting them back in their asses)" etc etc etc etc...

so like after all this ...i would like to know in general ..
would you guys apply if air india comes up with an open add for cpl holders...
i mean who wants to work in the ****** up air india right...
i just want to know approximately how many professional unemployed pilots i will be competing for the air india open recruitment...

Also if anyone working in any airline would like to join air india if given a chance..
Thank you for your replys

itsbrokenagain
26th Jul 2011, 16:32
You're unemployed - no salary
You're employed with AI - no salary

But crap you get to play with a big bird for free ... and those sexy 60 yr old grannies as FA's to spend those long trips away from base with... :ok:

Post edited for the spelling and grammar :mad: benefit (got to keep everyone happy!) :}

vserian
26th Jul 2011, 17:29
If you want to start a rant about AI at least do it in a proper way, you sound like a weeping candy rejected 12 year old or maybe thats because your fellow IGRUAns are going to play with a 777 toy.

flyjet787
26th Jul 2011, 18:00
Every unemployed pilot in India will apply if AI (or any other airline for that matter) came out with an Ad tomorrow.

While I am not sure if people already employed in other airlines would like to jump ship and join AI under the current circumstances but if they were given an opportunity couple of years ago they would have joined AI without the slightest bit of hesitation. Having said that I heard that when AI recently came out with an Ad. for A320 capts and F/Os with hrs on type they got about 200 applications.

This non-payment of salaries has never happened before at AI. in 2008-09 other Pvt. airline employees also went through these hard times which the AI employees are currently going through.

I don't think most of us here can really talk about the standards of training, safety etc. compared to other airlines as most of us on the forum are either unemployed or its our first job so you really can't draw comparisons unless some one has flown both at AI and another Pvt airline in India.

About the management n all.. well we keep reading enough about it almost everyday in the papers. Management pilots kids getting preference etc.. Well I don't think this happens only in AI it happens in every airline in India. Look at KF for example they openly upgrade captains kids, relatives etc. ahead of their seniors. I know someone who started flying the 320 at KF in 2009 when training for ab-initios was stopped and this happened because his dad was a Sr.check pilot and was very close to the then VP of training. This is just one case I am mentioning there are a whole lot of similar cases. But AI being a govt owned company we do not expect such nepotism to take place and its unfortunate and I hope there is more transparency in the future.

gottofly
27th Jul 2011, 05:42
Many would be ready to jump ship......depends on the terms and conditions.
e.g. pilots flying 737 or 320 would readily agree to go fly 777 if no bond was signed in terms of years and if rating was given by AI.just my 50 cents

Aeronotix
27th Jul 2011, 09:54
Do unemployed pilots really have a choice, whether to work with AI or not?? With loans to pay back is it not better than sitting on the ground spending more time & money to keep licences current?

At least you get a rating on a big bird, ahead of others who can't or won't make it!:hmm:

Aeronotix

vdaff
27th Jul 2011, 10:07
I am sure 99% of the unemployed would run to AI if they come up with vacancies, AI is much much better than compared to payto fly ****s like eaglejet msd or slave contract at ryanair lionloserair, or 20000 rupees for the entrance exams for spicecrap and the new Indigo "cadet" programme where u need to shove 40 lacs up theirs

AI is just seeing itself in a mess created by egoist but its definitely not the worst I mean at least AI didnt ask for 10s of lacs to the IGRUA students

I am 100% sure that you would also be one of the bandwagoners that would run to AI if they are taking you on the 777....and remember those with AI now has the rating ands the hours so if they dont like AI then they can jump to other airlines like jet airways, Emirates qatar etc and earn good $$$,,whereas unemployeds like me and many others have nothing but to watch those guys with our mouth wide open

I know AI is not the best and definitely an airline where there is lot sof juggard and fraud but I also respect how they also hire others who want to get into genuinly and they are not like **** like spicjet or indigo that ask for money....

I hope everything goes well with AI and becames clean then its definitly a dream airline to work for in India...

Touch'n'oops
27th Jul 2011, 10:41
Sounds more like Air India assaults the sky than fly! :}

White Knight
28th Jul 2011, 22:24
Your unemployed - no salary
Your employed with AI - no salary

Another muppet with a dodgy ICAO ELP 6 that DOESN'T know the difference between YOUR and YOU'RE:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Get it right fellah................

itsbrokenagain
29th Jul 2011, 02:38
There ya go, corrected the spell check of my phone for ya!

Torque Skylon
29th Jul 2011, 07:20
I don't think there will be any unemployed pilot who will leave this opportunity.
Even if there were opening from the charter companies I guess all of us will be applying for that also.
After all we don't have any choice.

DesiPilot
29th Jul 2011, 08:18
White Knight

Originally Posted by itsbrokenagain
Your unemployed - no salary
Your employed with AI - no salary

Another muppet with a dodgy ICAO ELP 6 that DOESN'T know the difference between YOUR and YOU'RE

Get it right fellah................

Another muppet that doesn't know that you just don't capitalise the words to get your message across.

The only language that itsbrokenagain knows and I have heard him speak is English. Of course, not counting his "dodgy" Spanish, Italian or Queen's English. May be he has been in India for too long and local Hinglish is rubbing on to him :} Itsbrokenagain its time for a visit to Oz or should I say your motherland :p

Ghost_Rider737
30th Jul 2011, 11:57
Unfortunately the good old days of flying for a decent Legacy Carrier are coming to an end ! The T & C's of today are no were near what they used to be and thats a world-wide phenomenon.

Its something most of us need to accept and deal with !

Paying for entrance exams is also absolute bull .

vdaff
30th Jul 2011, 12:44
Blame Low cost airlines for the mess they created in this industry, its them who starts these piece of sh!t contracts, low pay and pay to fly schemes, thus decreasing T and C and also job oppurtunites for ones that wants to get in liek the old way

AI is in mess now but its not a **** low cost airline like spicejet or indigo who wants pilots to kiss their ass and get paid low, infact even Air India company AIX doesnt go low like this yet most of you people are blaming AI and making fun of it

In Europe its Ryanair, in Asia its lionair these are the morons that have created this mess, now In india Indigo sh!t cadet programme and spice jet pay to exams......

I hope AI recovers and doesnt change tradition and crush all these craps around, I know its unlikely but for all the benefits of pilots it should do, I pray to god it must do

boogie-nicey
31st Jul 2011, 10:13
Air India thinks it has some God given right to exist when it shouldn't. The company's (and I use that term loosely) should be determined by the market. AI is nothing more than a government department and is taxpayer funded with some 'top-up' from customer revenues. It can't compete on equal terms with the more flexible and customer focused private carriers and the government has done everything to protect AI when it loses out to the new breed of private carriers. The market is the ultimate judge of who should and shouldn't continue and that ultimately means the customer. That is no doubt an alien concept to the cob-web management at AI and the Indian government but consumer power is what pays the bills and keeps the lights on.

You may berate the private carriers but at least they have provided opportunities for both employees and customers alike, if you don't like it you don't have to join them, no one's forcing you. With such dire poverty in a country like India still persisting around every corner I think your view on getting a job seems to be one of luxurious entitlement. That is the wrong way to go about it I'm afraid and you should have done the research before embarking upon your flying studies. Sure everyone will apply to AI at this point in the career but will equally leave in large numbers once opportunities present themselves elsewhere further up the food chain.

As part of the larger picture AI still thinks that it's post independence 1950s India and they are the only fish in the pond. However that's not the case anymore and they can only survive by a) cutting out the governemt b) getting new management c) embracing the market philosophy d) settle down for the long journey.

I'm sorry if that hurts but the truth normally does, success doesn't cough and splutter indefinitely, it's obvious when something works and also when it doesn't.

Johny Boy
31st Jul 2011, 22:08
^^

Air India thinks it has some God given right to exist when it shouldn't. The company's (and I use that term loosely) should be determined by the market. AI is nothing more than a government department and is taxpayer funded with some 'top-up' from customer revenues. It can't compete on equal terms with the more flexible and customer focused private carriers and the government has done everything to protect AI when it losses out to the new breed of private carriers.

Sure AI and its associates thinks themselves as GOD with all rights and why not ...Does self proclaimation of AI being GOD hurts people down in some cloudy UK citi? No body cares about what AI is being labeled as or how it is managed.
Yes AI is just like some other government run department where preferences is given to nice and tidy private airlines who can grease under table hands of Govt institutes in all front...be it route rationalization or traffic sedation from Indian skies with better 5 Star rated private carriers rather than shambolic rat filled stinky&untidy planes of AI.
If legal payment rights for providing charter & untimely service by AI can be labeled as Tax payer funding then sure why not add a word more on this " Late " Tax payer funding.

How can a organization compete with other well run private or international airlines when its owner is busy putting it on debts/silent death policies that favour rivals over it.....
Yes government has done everything right to protect its bank balances over AI...so how can we expect AI to cut loses when half of those loses are not even incured by them.

You may berate the private carriers but at least they have provided opportunities for both employees and customers alike, if you don't like it you don't have to join them, no one's forcing you.
Looks like some one likes private boys ....:p

With such dire poverty in a country like India still persisting around every corner I think your view on getting a job seems to be one of luxurious entitlement.
Haven't we heard/read this zillions times where millions of people are dying daily on untidy roads of India with malnutrition along with various crazy diseases and yet India still got billion+ people .....
Well atleast poor Indians are not forming a mile long line before broke Government funded " Unemployment Center's " to get monthly aid for doing nothing other than gulping gallons of beer from debt laden austerity following government's money and yes many Indians might live in places known as dingies or mud houses to westerners from first world countries like you but still they are living by themselves rather being humiliated in COUNCIL house.

As part of the larger picture AI still thinks that it's post independence 1950s India and they are the only fish in the pond. However that's not the case anymore and they can only survive by a) cutting out the governemt b) getting new management c) embracing the market philosophy d) settle down for the long journey.
And who told you this? Mr Jet or Mr Cool KFA...don't perceive things without knowing a fact.....and do not let us know that you were an Ex- Expat......surely that will be hilarious at its extreme most.

You Sir are reading too much AI news on internet or have absolutely no understanding of how AI is running now or what made it like this....

Its just like old days of yours in 80's with BA or KLM-AirFrance of this millennium or pre merger stages of american liners.

Truth hurts when inch by inch and detail by detail is given importance ...not by perceiving or reading one click articles.
Yes AI is in mess but not by itself....and story is way bigger than what many thinks.

To the original thread starter:

Yes everyone will do their best to get in AI .....
300+ resumes for 320 rated with 100 hours position for 50 or less is enough to state the current market situation.

cyrilroy21
31st Jul 2011, 22:25
300+ resumes for 320 rated with 100 hours position for 50 or less is enough to state the current market situation.

Why on earth would any pilot with 100 hours on an A320 ( assuming employed ) go and work for an airline that does not pay money on time and when the paycheck finally comes through they find out that they did not inculde the PLI and only the basic salary ( below 50K usually )
And also a bleak future

Unless ofcourse they bought the type rating and paid for a couple of hundred hours of line training :ugh:

or

Maybe the applications are from type rated guys ( with no time on type ) hoping to get called just in case IC dosent receive an enough number of experienced guys

Johny Boy
31st Jul 2011, 22:37
Maybe the applications are from type rated guys ( with no time on type ) hoping to get called just in case IC dosent receive an enough number of experienced guys

No type hours get filtered out in initial stages.

Just shows what current market position is for rated or non rated pilots in India.:ugh::ugh:

PS : Most of them are original Indigo pilots......:O

guitarboy
31st Jul 2011, 22:44
Why would Indigo Pilots apply for a job @nAciL?

cyrilroy21
31st Jul 2011, 22:47
PS : Most of them are original Indigo pilots......

Why would IndiGo pilots apply to NACIL (I) ?

I thought they were a good company to work for......

Is there something you know about IndiGo that would force their pilots to jump ship ?

Johny Boy
31st Jul 2011, 22:47
Not an HR guy !:=

Have some news that original FO's of Indigo who where one of the first fresh recruits there got pissed by some seniors new Indigo pilots( Ex-IC oldies ).

echo.mike.india
1st Aug 2011, 15:29
I am pretty sure atleast all the joless CPL HOLDERS will line up for air india vacancy for abinitio
But the point is if you have so much hatered within you regarding air indiathen it will all show up during the interview...those guys are pretty good at judging people....
all writing crap about air india(though its true..but atleast have some faith)
So these are the same people who write all crap about the company and then line up for jobs with the same...
How is that gonna work huh...

tolip111111
2nd Aug 2011, 09:47
http://home.airindia.in/SBCMS/Downloads/AD_AASL_Pilot_A320.pdf

ADVERTISEMENT FOR COCKPIT CREW : AICL (http://www.airindiaexpress.in/FreeREZ/ADS_WEB/TA/Images/AdvPilotAiclL.htm)

why would AI- Regional look for TR guys with just 100hrs on type or in case of IX 500 hrs on type? Will guys working with Indigo,KF, Spice,Jet etc, would consider leaving for AI regional and AI express?? considering the current scenario.

Johny Boy
2nd Aug 2011, 11:28
why would AI- Regional look for TR guys with just 100hrs on type or in case of IX 500 hrs on type? Will guys working with Indigo,KF, Spice,Jet etc, would consider leaving for AI regional and AI express?? considering the current scenario.

That's because old 320's of IC was going to be used as LCC version in AI-Regional( Alliance Air)...but some how got screwed by bureaucracy & lazy decision making by management.
This advert was used to arm twist April month's striking pilots of IC.
AIX is trying to fill positions for experienced F/O's.....

For 100 Hours on 320 - Few of old Ifly pilots did considered about this one.

niksmathew24
3rd Aug 2011, 06:46
I've heard that AI got kicked out of the star but why have they still got the alliance logo on their new 787's?

http://paineairport.com/images/kpae6925.png

tolip111111
3rd Aug 2011, 09:56
any info if guys have actually applied to IX as experienced FO's and captain's and what would be the selection procedure?? Anyone with any info??

how credible is the info about indigo guys applying for Air India regional?

heard from a grapevine that the entire CRJ crew of AI-Regional (Alliance Air) is just siting at home doing nothing because they do not have a single a/c which holds a current airworthiness certificate. I would assume close to 40 -50 experienced guys just sitting idle!

tolip111111
5th Aug 2011, 11:52
any info about AI express?? any future plans of them hiring?? or as usual its all going to be backdoor and pre-decided??

Johny Boy
5th Aug 2011, 22:29
^^

They got advert for FO 737 rated +500hour on type.

People with hours&experience will feel this position as being open for all....cuz no one in backdoor entry got 500 hours on 737.
In fact backdoor guys don't even got TT of 500 ....:E:E

echo.mike.india
15th Aug 2011, 19:43
I am quite sure that AI CMD is changed....and everyone knows this...
but i am just wondering why hasn't the airline bothered to change the name of CMD on their website....it still shows as Mr Jadhav as the CMD...
Or is it that he is not yet officially changed?????
or may be they are too busy turning around the inverted ɐıɹ ıupıɐ
check the link
AirIndia - Board of Directors (http://home.airindia.in/SBCMS/Webpages/Board-of-Directors.aspx?MID=196)

sonsal
15th Aug 2011, 19:50
Why do you worry about the CMD name not changed on their website?
what else can you expect from lazy babu's....

flyjet787
15th Aug 2011, 20:33
Well typical sarkari company and sarkari employees. Long weekend (sat,sun,mon) so nobody was in the office to make the change I guess.

Jet8
16th May 2012, 15:41
Can anyone tell me,

-how is the flying in Air India Regional?

-Are all there 7 ATR working?

-Salary n perks for a First Officer? How much a first officer takes home per month?

-I have heard, unlike other Employees of Air India Organisation, Alliance Air/Air India regional do get there salary on time. Is it true?

- and any other info on Air India Regional/Alliance Air to be known!

Thankyou in anticipation!

Cactus225
17th May 2012, 17:35
For all this buzz.........

Are they really hiring any freshers?

even the author of this thread wants to know 'how many people will he be competing with for an Air India Job'

-duh.. inspite of all your rant, if you yourself are applying- why wont we?

unfAIR
12th Jun 2012, 02:46
Why are folks assuming that they will be put up in the cockpit of the 777s? IC guys will upgrade themselves to the 777/787 and the vacant slots on the ATR/ CRJs will be filled by the now unemployed. As far as applying goes, everyone will apply. Folks in AI are hoping to jump ship to pvt airlines so I don't see reason for indigo pilots to come to AI. Mind you , it's going to be all new T & Cs unlike anything in the past and a contract.

Geebz
12th Jun 2012, 23:20
The pilots at A.I. are on strike. Why would anyone in their right mind want to cross a picket line for a job and forever be labeled a scab?

WTF is wrong with you guys?

unfAIR
14th Jun 2012, 06:53
Scab or no Scab...im sure the unemployed will apply....
cos they don't know what they are getting into. :8
Only after falling into the hole will they they find means for an exit which is not there. Sooner or later, they will want to revolt as well like the current IPG agitation but I think even that right to agitate will be taken away from them, when they sign the dotted line to join. :{

RP-C000
14th Jun 2012, 07:04
I don't see reason for indigo pilots to come to AI. Mind you true a lot of sr capts and TRI quit AI to join Indigo.. salary on time... no drama operate your flt and go home... follow the roster :ok: