PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Ground Servicing Headsets

aergid
26th Jul 2011, 10:26
Hi all

Well after the great response I had to my last thread I have decided to ask advice on a related subject:

Wireless Headset's for Ground Servicing EG Departure Headset Communications for Pushback.

We currently use Peltor Bluetooth Headset's but have found they are not reliable enough for our use. The signal strength is weak and the voice distortion heard by the FD crew is far above and acceptable amount.

We are looking into other systems and was wondering if any had any feedback on any of these systems either as end user or FD crew who have had any of the systems used on their Aircraft.

Systems:

Ceotronics - DECT Wireless Headset
David Clark - DECT Wireless Headset
A-KABEL - Bluetooth Wireless Headset
Peltor - Bluetooth Wireless headset - we have 5 sets of these and find serious disconnection/distortion issues with these

Thaks for any helpful comments

PS Headset & Cable systems are no use for our purposes:=

Out Of Trim
3rd Aug 2011, 11:33
I've not used one, but I've seen the orange Ceotronic dect type on trial at LGW recently.

The guy testing it said it was working fine and a lot better than the bluetooth types. I can't add anything else. It doesn't seem to be in current usage by any companies at LGW yet though. We still use the cable types at the moment.

Gee08
7th Aug 2011, 17:47
go back to wired headset for the near future wireless have lots of improvements required.