PDA

View Full Version : Flight Academy Blackpool

Alexsky
26th Jul 2011, 08:50
Dear PPRuNE members,

Flight Academy Blackpool

If someone knows this Academy please share some info or personal experience about it - Academy's pros and cons.
If this Academy is well-established, with enough students to have no worries about its near future? :cool:

Thanks in advance to everyone.

NYCSavage
7th Aug 2011, 23:16
I would like to hear any stories about this school also.

Anyone had any dealings with them?

JAR FCL
7th Aug 2011, 23:55
Go to Westair, not part of the constant in fighting found @EGNH. Great school, great instructors, great aircraft. You get what you pay for?

AlexDeltaCharlie
8th Aug 2011, 07:44
Hi, haven't flown with FA Blackpool but I am a student with their school in Halfpenny Green, although it's recently come under new ownership. Very impressed with the company so far, especially the aircraft (I fly the Cirrus) and their pricing. There were issues with the school at Halfpenny Green earlier this year but the director of the company personally spoke to every student to explain the situation and the matter was resolved extremely quickly. I'd recommend the school and definitely look at training in the Cirrus- it's a blast to fly. Certainly at HG its a very modern, well organised school, e.g an online booking system.

And no, they don't waive my landing fees for writing this!

JUST-local
8th Aug 2011, 23:43
"Not part of the constant in fighting @ EGNH"

Anything locals should know about?

JUST-local
9th Aug 2011, 00:16
Classic :D

Robin400
9th Aug 2011, 18:54
In the late '70s I flew my ..lls off, logging around 700 hours.
4700 hours a year would require seven instructors doing the same............:sad: