PDA

View Full Version : Overalls or not ?

billynospares
26th Jul 2011, 08:42
Just a quick poll. How many of you guys working out there get issued with overalls and how many with company shirt trousers etc. We still have overalls here but that may be changing to shirts and work trousers any thoughts ?

Beeline
26th Jul 2011, 11:07
We get issued with both.

As a AMEL we have the same uniform as the pilots. White shirts and smart trousers. I should say workwear as we don't get the tax relief on the cleaning bills!!

Techs, mechs get polo shirts and cargo pants much more hard wearing.

I still like to get stuck in a job and our uniform is useless, the trousers are like hoover bags and tear, the shirts funny enough get dirty unlike a flight deck!!

Bit of a pain when you can only receive two shirts every 6 months and still have to maintain a professional image in front of the punters.

Still shouldn't complain at least I don't have to buy it!

Alber Ratman
26th Jul 2011, 19:13
In the Base I work in, everybody from Crew Chief down wears overalls..

Plore
26th Jul 2011, 20:56
We get issued light blue shirts with epaulettes and neat (but crappy quality) dark blue pants and golf shirts for when things get 'dirty'. Our mechanics get issued with almost the same 'smart' gear and golf shirt but also with ... (drum roll)... WHITE overalls. Have you seen what WHITE overalls look like after a wheel or a brake change???? They miraculously turn rather BLACK! :ugh:

grounded27
27th Jul 2011, 07:34
Suppose I had it good as a mx rep./flight mech. We were supplied with 5 shirts and 2 overalls every 6 months. It was easy to rotate the last issue of shirts in for the occasional ground duty and keep the uniform clean. Company did a good job of keeping the aircraft serviced at base stations. 4 years of being a flightdawg I only lost a clean uniform once.

Flight mechanics, a rare breed, an exclusive club it should be... Those days defined me. I do not know if I have the salt to do it again if I had to but I miss the hell out of waking up to a sunrise at 38K feet.