PDA

View Full Version : Help in JAA ATPL

mohamedehab
25th Jul 2011, 23:34
Hi actually I wish anyone who took the JAA ATPL to advise me I thinking to take the JAA ATPL as self study in Denmark so I would like to know is like the FAA ATPL and the FAA writtens that you memorize the questions for each subject and then do the exam or its not likethis hope anyone who did it to advise me .

Thanks

737-NG
26th Jul 2011, 13:37
Try to memorise the 15,000 or so possible questions on the ATPL's 14 exams!!

Man the JAA ATPL theory is not comparable to the FAA in any way. You would neet at least a 6 month full time course or 12 months or more distance learning part time to get through. And it's 75% minimum pass not 70.

cefey
26th Jul 2011, 18:10
737, Im doing residential GS now. We are 20ppl in class. At most 5 of us do study, the rest just bristol everything.
If you do 3-4 mods at once its not hard. Know some basics, bristol the rest.

Im not a fan of that (Im not doing it my self!). My point was, its possible and you can get score of about 95% avg. However, once you go for job assessment and they ask you basic question, and expect your level of knowledge to be 95%, as it says on your record... And you are not able to explain why Mcrit is lower then M1... Well, you will have all your licenses, but you will NOT get a job.
You can go easy (stupid) way, and end up without a job... or work hard and you will be rewarded. GL!

zondaracer
26th Jul 2011, 18:16
There are about 10 times more questions in the JAA question banks compared to the FAA. I wonīt say that it is impossible to memorize the questions, but you will have to study some material. Besides, many authorities change the questions a little bit, or they change a word here or there so the answer changes completely, so in some subjects you really need to learn the material.

I did my best to learn the material, and I didnīt even have to study for certain subjects such as GNAV, Radio Nav, Flight Planning, Mass and Balance, Instruments, and Aircraft General Knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

mohamedehab
26th Jul 2011, 20:23
Thanks everybody for your help and reply I really apperciate it , and what I get that it will be so hard if I took it as a self study, I was just thinking about if it like the FAA ATPL as my instructor just did his FAA ATPL and what he did he memorized the stuff its almost the same like my FAA PPL written so from your reply I can get that its harder than the FAA and you all recomend that I take a ground school .

My point is not am going just to pass and I dont understand the stuff sure I want to understand the stuff not be like a stupid memorize it and thats it , my point is like if I memorize the stuff I will pass thats what I mean .

And I have a question if I take it as self study can like when I finish each subject I do its exam then study for the other one and take its exam or do I have to take it all in one time .

Thank you all

zondaracer
26th Jul 2011, 20:53
You donīt have to take all the exams at the same time, but from when you take the first exam, you have 18 months to finish them all.

There are also 14 exams, and you are only allowed to attend six exam sittings in total. So you need to take more than two exams per sitting. Plus, imagine that you were on your sixth and last sitting, and you failed one of the exams... you have no more sittings and you will have to take the whole ground course over and start over from the beginning and retake all the exams (and pay all over again too). Most people divide the exams into two or three sittings, and then if they fail an exam, they retake it in one of their existing sitting or add one more sitting at the end. What Iīm trying to say, is that you want to leave yourself a margin of error.

mohamedehab
27th Jul 2011, 00:11
I really appericate your information zondaracer , I understand now how it works , I will think about it to take it slef study or ground school I think its better to take it in ground school rather than self study .

Thank you very much zondaracer