PDA

View Full Version : Pilot job applications, limiting factors?

chief0milo
25th Jul 2011, 17:02
Ok, so I'm now literally in a debate with my mum and her partner and strangely I'm on the other side. They are pushing for me to accept their offer of where-ever the money comes from just spend it on an integrated course to get me on the first ladder.

After reading through this forum, I'm of the mindset that I don't want to drag down everyone around me for a dream that could perhaps best be left as a dream for the amount of risk/cost involved, while also that I feel I could (highly possible) very well fall into the category of those that have remortgaged/spent savings/spent parents money/used whatever the money came from to fund a dream which is just almost impossible to break into for the majority due to overcrowdedness of freshly qualified int/mod. coursed fATPL/CPL licenced cadets, of which setting me in stone of debt and a very low income/low standard of living for the rest of my life, or at least putting me behind for a bloody good 10 years.

So, our debate then comes down to this quite often:

How many roughly have you applied for?

Of those total that haven't gotten a job yet, how many have families that are stopping them accepting jobs in other countries, thus limiting their availability to accept jobs in other countries or moving to a different part of the country,

What is the range/distance that you have applied TO pilot jobs for (example, currently living in the UK, but applied to an Asian airline)

what has been a limiting factor of not progressing further in an application(however far you got) ie;not having a particular rating/hours.

I don't want to get into all your personal lives, so by means try to keep as much personal stuff out of this, just the basics would be appreciated :)

Muchly appreciated

paco
25th Jul 2011, 17:07
If you're not sure, don't do it.

chief0milo
25th Jul 2011, 18:38
its not a case of Im not sure, its a case of id rather do it over time rather than take their money and blow it in one go on a integrated course.
Id like answers to my questions above to show the results to quell the debate.

kaptn
27th Jul 2011, 13:23
If this is really your dream, and you really have it in your blood, I'd go everywhere to do it, even if it's in the deep "antarctic"...as said previously, if not sure, don't do it, but why being not sure...Pilot training is one of the most important decision of anyone who just thinks to jump into this adventure, it is very risky,but no one here is going to have a back up life

captainsuperstorm
29th Jul 2011, 08:12
ask your dady for t/r and XXXX hours of line training, and PAY TO WORK until the airline kick you out for the next idiot who believe he will get a paid job!