PDA

View Full Version : Tail-Wheel Endorsement NT

Ixixly
25th Jul 2011, 07:14
Hey All,

Trying to find someone to do a Tail-wheel endorsement in the NT. Did a quick search on the CASA Registry for Tail-Wheels in the NT, found a bunch of RVs and a Pitts but that was about it and all private, not registered to any searchable companies.

I would really like to find a Citabria or Decathlon, but honestly getting the endorsement is my first priority. If someone knows of anyone in the NT now or in the near-future who can do an endorsement i'd appreciate a PM! Thanks for any help.

Aussie Bob
25th Jul 2011, 07:54
A tail wheel endorsement can be done as a private operation by any tail wheel qualified Grade One instructor and does not have to be done through a flying school or with an AOC holder. A private category certified aircraft is fine and recently I got permission to do one in an expiremental catagory Jodel but only for the owner.

If you feel like a holiday in Tasmania I have a Scout which is almost identical to a Decathlon and from the same company. Here I will include short rough bush strips and beaches in the endorsement.

mprez
11th Aug 2011, 10:56
Hey AussieBob,

Sent you an email earlier. Would be great to get in touch and talk about a tailwheel endorsement in TAS!

Cheers

MakeItHappenCaptain
12th Aug 2011, 01:22
Cheaper and closer option to TAS (sorry prez & bob, don't mean to step on your toes) would be Gerry Dick in Brisbane. Decathlon and Citabria and half an hour from YBBN.
Top reputation.
PM if you need.:ok:

dhavillandpilot
12th Aug 2011, 01:59
Why not go the whole hog. Hardy Aviation have a DC3. Not only will you get a tailwheel endorsement but you will also get the ride of your life.

I did my initial tail wheel on a Lockheed 12A back in 1975 with only 120 hours TT, it gave me a love of radial engines ever since.

Best of Luck

CharlieLimaX-Ray
12th Aug 2011, 03:30
Well the DC-3 would solve the problem of getting a tailwheel endorsement, retractable undercarriage, constant speed prop and initial twin.

Is Ron Lawford still in Darwin, if so he may be able to help?

CoodaShooda
12th Aug 2011, 04:13
Ron's still in Darwin but the DC3 is wingless at the moment; or so I'm told.