PDA

View Full Version : African scam on pprune

RoyHudd
25th Jul 2011, 07:14
Watch out for private messages entitled "hi dear" from Gabon, with the usual crass offer of free dosh. I received one this morning.Given the apparent iq of some of the folks on here, they may well grab the odd victim. Hopefully this helps avoid that.

Capetonian
25th Jul 2011, 07:19
Oh shit, I thought it was real. She even said she loves me. Do you think she'll send the money back?

3 Holer
25th Jul 2011, 07:56
Me too. You mean that story about her husband dying and having 15 million USD and leaving no one any of it was a damn lie. I have been pierced through the heart by the sharpest of swords and it cost me USD100 for the pleasure.

I know she will send my $100 back because she loves me......sorry Capetonian!

d71146
25th Jul 2011, 08:00
Very True Roy, very true

AlpineSkier
25th Jul 2011, 08:18
Oh shit, I thought it was real. She even said she loves me. Do you think she'll send the money back?

Of course she will !
You just need to send some cash so she can:

get a taxi to the money change office
bribe the official to let her export money
pay the (high) fees
get taxi home

USD 100 ought to do it :E.

RAC/OPS
25th Jul 2011, 08:48
I'm going to Gabon tomorrow. Send me $1500 via W&stern Onion and I'll get your money back for you.

Airclues
25th Jul 2011, 08:59
Received this today by PM;

My Dear,

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you.I know this mail may come to you as a surprise,since we have not known or written before.

I am Miss Bella Duncan, the Only Daughter of the late Gavin Duncan, my father was a gold and cocoa merchant based in Accra Ghana and Abidjan (Ivory Coast), and he was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their business trips recently. Before his death, he called me bedside him and told me that he has the sum of $7.500, 000USD deposited in one of the prime bank here in Abidjan Ivory Coast, that he used my name being the only Daughter as the next of kin in deposited fund.

Moreover, I am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as compensation for your effort/input after the successful transfer of this fund to your nominated account overseas.
Reply to my private e-mail box below for more details and more of my photo ad the documents of prove of the deposited money [email protected])

Awaiting your urgent reply.

Regards,
Miss Bella Duncan.

oxenos
25th Jul 2011, 09:10
It's not just the $100. You get your IQ questioned as well.

Capetonian
25th Jul 2011, 09:24
Since when did the USD have 6 decimal places? 15% of $7.500000 is not much to get excited about.

But I've fallen for it :

Dear Bella

Thank you for your email. It sounds like the solution to my problems as I am looking for money and a beautiful wife too, are you a beautiful young girl? Bella means beautiful so I am sure you are. I can't wait to get your photo I am already drooling lasciviously at the thought, and as for all that moolah too .....

I am a single man of 72 years, I am bald and paunchy and have gingivitis, halitosis and BO. I used to work as a bog cleaner on the Southern Railway. Just before I retired they gave me a brush. I am quite nice really even if I do honk a bit as bathday approaches (the 5th of the month in case you wondered).

I look forward to hearing from you. I am sure you won't disappoint me.

Tom

No_Speed_Restriction
25th Jul 2011, 09:42
Before his death, he called me bedside

He could of at least called you "dear" or "sweetheart". But "bedside"? How rude!!

sisemen
25th Jul 2011, 10:49
Gold AND cocoa!!!! Wow, you've hit pay dirt there my son.

Shack37
25th Jul 2011, 11:10
Thanks for providing her email address Airclues. As I seem to be the only non recipient pruner I can now contact the lady myself.:ok:

Henry09
25th Jul 2011, 11:18
Shack37

Then tell her that you are Tom's neighbour and knew he wrote , but has been killed in a tragic accident involving farm machinery and he has left 150 000 to her in his will. A small sum will secure your co-operation to help her claim the money.

Shack37
25th Jul 2011, 11:39
Then tell her that you are Tom's neighbour and knew he wrote , but has been killed in a tragic accident involving farm machinery and he has left 150 000 to her in his will. A small sum will secure your co-operation to help her claim the money.

Thanks Henry09, devious and I love it. If it works I'll share the profit with you. If you could just provide me with the necessary bank details.:)

Capetonian
25th Jul 2011, 11:53
I have to report that Bella doesn't love me, as she hasn't replied yet. I am now looking for a cliff to throw myself off, so that can be my 'tragic accident' and you can tell her I killed myself because of my enrequited love for her!

Henry09
25th Jul 2011, 12:07
There we are Shack, a workable plan! We could get a $100, between you, me and Captonian, wahooo!
It could mean meat for the weekend! Get to it.

Lon More
25th Jul 2011, 12:42
Was this moved from "Terms and Endearment" ?

Worrals in the wilds
25th Jul 2011, 15:08
I'd never thought of running a PPRuNe PM racket. Is it against the ROE? :}
The "Miss" is a nice touch, very Shirley Bassey.

I got a very professional looking scam email proporting to be from a major bank asking for PIN, details, first born in the post etc. Their only mistake was...I don't bank with that bank. My dear sister does and had borrowed my computer while visiting to do an online transfer. One access and the scammers were on to me (she also killed the printer:*). I called their fraud division and had a rather amusing conversation along the lines of:
"I got a dud email pretending to be from you guys".
"Thanks very much, what's your customer number"?
"Oh, I don't bank with you cos you're pricks and your charges are too high. I just thought you should know because I assume that you prefer to keep the ripping off in-house".
"Oooh...okay...thanks, I suppose. " :E

I am a single man of 72 years, I am bald and paunchy and have gingivitis, halitosis and BO. I used to work as a bog cleaner on the Southern Railway. Just before I retired they gave me a brush
Even if that's 100% true you could still be acing it on the internet dating circuit :eek:.

Capetonian
25th Jul 2011, 15:25
DearTom,

Greetings.I am Miss Bella Duncan Thanking you for your response and concern to my present situation regarding to your acceptance to assist me, on the proposal I sent to you I am sending you this proposal with the intention of relocating and investing my inherited treasure and continuation of my educational career in your country.Dear send me you recent photo as i have attached my photo for you send also your information ok.

I so much appreciate your kind response with acceptance to actualize the objectives in this co-operation with me for mutual benefits of both of us and your family in general.Please I want you to note that I am really trusting and counting on you on this matter with full hope and confidence that you will not let down this confidence I have already reposed on you for the mutual benefits of both us and your family in general.For the fact that we are not yet familiar with each other or written before please let us get to know each other by exchanging photograph and identification with more information necessary in co-operation to achieve the aim of this transaction without any sentiments or negative thought.

As I is just confiding this affair on you due to the circumstance surrounding my family life, after I lost my father whom was very dear to me, for this fact I have reposed this hope and faith on you with open mind that you will be capable to receive this funds over there and invest it properly with your care as I have the intention of further my academicals career by admitting into medical school over there once I come your place with your guardian and supervision.Dear Friend,what I mean is that I am simply seeking for your assistance in relocating to your country due to the political instability in my country presently I am in really in need of relocating from this country to political stability country where I can start a new life, since I have inherited this total sum of ($7,500,000USD) to start a new life in political stability country.

I need an assistance of trust worthy person who will not let me down of any kind just to assist me in investing it in a profitable investment for the benefits of both parties, in the areas like, hotel resort management, real estate housing project,Manufacturing,Stock Market Etc in whatever avenue you deem right since I have not yet be into business before. I am willing to offer you at least 15% from the total sum as a compensation for assisting me to recover this fund to your custody for the investment,while 3% will be set aside for any expenses that may incur during the investment program.I have attached my photograph for you to see the person you are dealing with on this aspect.Thank you very much once again for indicating your interest to co-operate with me positively the only thing I Please confirm your interest by sending to me your full data such as your home address including your recent photo and your phone number.

The areas in which I need your assistance is not going to be a big responsibilities for your person, so please I am expecting the indication of your full interest to aid me make sure that this funds is recovered from a bank here where it is lodged in Social Security trust fixed account with a prime bank known as ASIINV Bank in Cote d voire ( Ivory Coast ) and it is legitimately inherited by me as the next to kin inheritor.Presently I have been at the bank to confirm and to make sure that the deposit is for real, the bank has reconfirm the validity of this deposit to me with the total sum in their custody in Suspense fixed for onwards transfer this sum for investment establishment.

I want you to be rest assured that there is nothing to fear about this transaction because no illegality or any strange protocols of any kind to be attached on this transaction as it is legitimately acquired money by my late father whom died for no just cause with an instigation of one of my wicked uncle whom I later found out that his hands were in on the death of my father since I left our family house as I am presently residing in a guest house hotel pending when the fund is retrieved and transferred with your assistance.

Please I want you to let me know your full mind in assisting to achieve these objectives, as I am very sure that it will surely be for the mutual benefits of both parties without much stress.Please dear send me you recent photo and your full information like your home adress your phone number for oral conversation and your bank account details.Waiting your urgent response in this regard ok.

Thanks for your understanding and future co-operations.

Rest I hear from you positively.

Yours Sincerely
Miss. Bella Duncan
Trechville Ave lot 113 5Etage appt 12
Abidjan Cote d' Ivoire (Ivory Coast)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7593647/bella1.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7593647/bella2.jpg

Dear Bella

Thank you for your detailed explanation. It's perfectly clear that it is all utter gobbledygook but we don't want to let facts stand in the way of a good fairy tale, do we? I am very honoured and hope we can have a deep and meaningful relationship, maybe even lurv. Do you drop them on the first date? Do you even wear any?

I am just getting my bank to send the details you've asked for as it's all under their control, because as my medication wears off I tend to do daft things, meanwhile do let me have a copy of your passport for verification purposes.

I will send you my photo and so when I have one, but I am very good looking, tall and handsome, and 6' 3". I realise that 3" might not be enough for a lady like you as I believe your gentlemen folk are rather well hung, as indeed most of them should be, preferably from a gallows. I do have other ways of satisfying you, and an inexhaustible supply of rechargeable AA's so don't worry.

I live on a boat as I am incontinent so that was the easiest solution. It is moored in the Thames Estuary near Crap Island. It's a lovely place.

I think I am in love.

Tom

MadsDad
25th Jul 2011, 15:33
Worrals, it doesn't matter that neither you, any member of your immediate family, extended family, anyone who lives withing a mile of you or even lives in the same county as you have never baked with the bank that has just closed/deleted/amended/confiscated your account.

You will get the message anyway. (I always forward the messages about my non-existent HSBC accounts to a mate who used to work for them. Amuses me and ps him off big time).

Worrals in the wilds
25th Jul 2011, 15:34
Worrals, it doesn't matter that neither you, any member of your immediate family, extended family, anyone who lives withing a mile of you or even lives in the same county as you have never baked with the bank that has just closed/deleted/amended/confiscated your account.
Sure that's probably right, but it threw me a bit because I'd never had one before (or since). It popped up a week after she'd been here. I use a very small local bank that isn't exciting enough to attract these sort of scams, at least not yet.

I need an assistance of trust worthy person who will not let me down of any kind just to assist me in investing it in a profitable investment for the benefits of both parties, in the areas like, hotel resort management, real estate housing project,Manufacturing,Stock Market Etc in whatever avenue you deem right since I have not yet be into business before.
Obviously not yet been into business before, because all of those have gone pear shaped in recent times even in civilised places. Maybe Miss Bella should take out a subscription for The Economist...:}

You have to wonder who the photos are of. Some poor random chick in New Orleans probably had her F'Book page plundered...
I live on a boat as I am incontinent so that was the easiest solution. It is moored in the Thames Estuary near Crap Island. It's a lovely place.You'd still be in the hunt on Lavalife Platinum. A very dodgy colleague was a subscriber and frequently accessed his site on work computers until IT threatened him with personal violence if he did it again. People post photos of their anatomy and suggestions about what to do with it. It's very scary :eek:.

Capetonian
25th Jul 2011, 15:40
You have to wonder who the photos are of. Some poor random chick in New Orleans probably had her F'Book page plundered..

Good point, I've plastered SCAMMER across them to make it clear that they've been abused.

con-pilot
25th Jul 2011, 15:48
Did she say something about chocolate? :ooh:

Tankertrashnav
25th Jul 2011, 16:12
Actually Con, it was the cocoa that aroused my interest. She really knows how to get to the older guy ;)

Slasher
25th Jul 2011, 19:19
http://s1.postimage.org/ghszcube3/PASSEPORT_BELLA.jpg

Danscowpie
25th Jul 2011, 20:37
Pah! Thats nothing.

Lee Jones from the Nationwide has discovered that a dormant account of 12 years and more old has actually been assigned to me.
All I have to do is supply full personal and financial details and 12 million is mine.
This must be true because I've never had any notices from the Nationwide before and Mr Jones sounds so plausible.

I'm rich! Rich I tell eeeee......!!!!!

critter592
26th Jul 2011, 02:29
I keep getting spoof e-mails from NatWest and HSBC saying my account is about to be closed.

I don't bank with either... :rolleyes:

...as I believe your gentlemen folk are rather well hung, as indeed most of them should be, preferably from a gallows. I do have other ways of satisfying you, and an inexhaustible supply of rechargeable AA's so don't worry.

Brilliant! Thanks Capetonian. :D:ok:

OFSO
26th Jul 2011, 10:18
One hears there are a few "last photographs of Amy Winehouse" scams about - I haven't had one - anyone on JB see one ?

Capetonian
26th Jul 2011, 15:22
Dear Tom,

Greetings, and how are you today my good friend.Thanks for your kind response and concern to my plight; even though it seems you are still having a little fears and doubt regarding the authenticity and legitimacy of this matter.I want you to be rest assured that all the information I have given to you so far concerning this transaction is in good order for real and legitimate with good intentions and it is not going to be a big task for you ok.So let us work together as one family.The only thing I needed from you is just to be good and honest partner who will assist me to recover this money and invest it properly in very lucrative and profitable areas over there in your country.

I am still assuring you as I indicated on my last message that I will give you 15% from the total amount as a compensation and you will be the director of all the establishment that will be set up with you as the guardian, because I will like to continue my education while you will be taking care of the establishment, until I complete my education. I will want to intimate you about my family back ground once again.

So that you will fully understand my situation and my exact intention in seeking for relocation to your country for this establishment.Presently I am no longer staying in the family house.I decided to excused my self from the family house, because with the reactions and the comments from one of my wicked uncle whom I am certain that his hands is involve on the death of my father.I get out from the family house to avoid him being eliminated due to this inheritance.Because after the funeral ceremony rights of my late father with continuously calling me,for one meeting after another made clear to everybody that his hand is involve on the death of my late father.

As the wicked uncle wanted to find out all the places, where my late father properties is located in the cities and village,so that he can locate them and seize them enjoying the proceed from them with more moves to interrogate me and find to out.If I know where more of the properties of my father is located in the town and documents related to them so that I can surrender them to him, both landed properties and cocoa farms documents he has collected and houses in town he has been collecting the rents into his purse.

As I can no longer bear his abusive languages and threat of elimination, because only this fund deposit in the bank is the only asset treasure my late father willed to my name separately as the next of kin, with out any body consent.This deposit is only what I am securely in position of for now, pending I shall travel out and matured and establish I will come back to fight for the rest.

So I decide to get out from the family house to avoid him eliminating me if got to know about this deposit, even though I have told him about all the landed properties I known that he is still furious with me for nothing.As he is never comfortable with mine welfare,so since I inherited this treasure to continue my life.I have attached the documents of proof for your reference, that is the deposit documents the bank issued to my late father as of the time he made this deposit and the statement of the account status which the bank issued to me recently confirming the deposit on my favour as the next of kin inheritor.

I decided to be staying in a guest house hotel out side the city pending when this money is retrieved and transferred with the help of foreign honest and trust worthy guardian.I am glad to get you as a partner please let us works together with honesty one love as one family.I legitimately inherited this sum it is deposited ASIINV bank here in Abidjan.I intend to recover it from the bank here and transfer to your custody for investment purpose in any profitable areas.My most important reason for seeking for relocation is that here in our country since this political crisis started the government does not want the former civil servants officials or serving ones and some very important people and their family members to get out of the country easily,

I needed a foreign partner who shall act on my behalf as my partner or as benefactor of this money just to support my claim at the bank, because after the death of my father I went to the bank to withdraw some money for my welfare but the bank management of the bank refused me access to the money with reasons.That my late father deposited the money in suspense fixed account as social security bond with instruction that it is meant for onwards foreign transfer to his business associate private investment expansion for my future welfare.So now that you have indicated your interest to relate with me,I have the intention of making the bank management, to understand that you are my late father foreign business.I am going submit to the bank hence you will nominate to be the beneficiary of deposit who were suppose to receive this money at your custody for investment program,before the sudden death of my father.So please quickly send to me your you full details and account information details so that I will submit it to the bank for the transfer process to commence.

I need a partner who will support my claim at the bank by so doing the bank will the bank management will not refuse my decision because since it is huge sum of money and since I am still a young girl they will not agree easily unless with intervention of an upper hand from foreign country.I need a guardian who will direct me to the better area for a profitable investment since I want to further my education and I believe that you are capable of doing this because the way you are following up this show me that you can handle this venture well, please do not let me down ok, as you will never regret coming in contact with a person of my type.

I am going to meet with the bank to discuss and finalize how the transfer will be affected. Thanks for your understanding and future co-operations.

Yours Sincerely
Miss. Bella Ducan
Residence Hotel Du Konankoro
Trechville Ave lot 113 5m Etage appt 12
Abidjan Cote d' Ivoire (Ivory Coast)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7593647/scammerdoc01.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7593647/scammerdoc02.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7593647/scammerdoc03.jpg

Dear Bella

Than you for your email. It fully conformed to my expectations, limited as they were, in that it demonstrated that you had taken no cognisance of any of the points in mine and have responded accordingly.

Let me tell you about my day.

The Bellman looked uffish, and wrinkled his brow. "If only you'd spoken before!
It's excessively awkward to mention it now, With the Snark, so to speak, at the door!

"We should all of us grieve, as you well may believe, If you never were met with again--
But surely, my man, when the voyage began, You might have suggested it then?

"It's excessively awkward to mention it now-- As I think I've already remarked."
And the man they called "Hi!" replied, with a sigh, "I informed you the day we embarked.

"You may charge me with murder--or want of sense-- (We are all of us weak at times):
But the slightest approach to a false pretense Was never among my crimes!

"I said it in Hebrew--I said it in Dutch-- I said it in German and Greek:
But I wholly forgot (and it vexes me much) That English is what you speak!"

"'Tis a pitiful tale," said the Bellman, whose face Had grown longer at every word:
"But, now that you've stated the whole of your case, More debate would be simply absurd.

Can you please resend the attchments as the definition is too low and I cannot read them.

Thank you so much

Tom

coatimundi
27th Jul 2011, 06:07
I'm shocked - how dare the BBC use our licence fees in this way....:=

Dear Winner,

We want to inform you that your funds of 18,000,000.00 (Eighteen Million Pounds sterling) have been release to you by the BBC FINANCE DEPARTMENT UK. You can come and collect your funds from the BBC FINANCE DEPARTMENT OFFICE IN UNITED KINGDOM within the next 48hrs.
You need to send your information below to us so that we can Re-confirm your information that we will use to release your funds of 18,000,000.00 to you as soon as possible.

Full Name:
Contact Address:
Phone And Fax#:
Country
Your funds are protected by hard cover insurance policy until it is remitted to you.You will contact through our email address:([email protected] (http://uk.mc272.mail.yahoo.com/mc/[email protected])) to collect your funds as soon as possible.
We need your urgent reply to collect your funds today.
Yours faithfully,
Dr Helen Cole
MANAGING DIRECTOR
BBC FINANCE DEPARTMENT
UNITED KINGDOM
0845 838 1815 (UK Local Rate)
+44 7024084948(From Outside UK)

Capetonian
27th Jul 2011, 11:24
Bella has replied to me :

Subject: from bella
To: [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, 27 July, 2011, 9:28

Dear Tom.
Greeting and how are you today with hope that you are getting alone well with your life and your business,I want you to send me your bank and your full details details with your photo so that i will see the person i am dealing with.If you know that you want to help me show me more seriousness because you are sounding to me that you are making morecry of me,if you know that you are for me send what i told you to send.I send you doucment of the deposited money and you are saying the i should send you another one again while you havent send to me any of your details.
Bella.

So here we go ............

Dear Bella

Thank you for email. I don't understand what you mean when you say "making morecry of me." I am sorry if you are sad and this is making you cry and I would like to make you happy.

I cannot read the document you sent me as they are too small and you need to resend new ones.

Here is my bank so you can see it is real, it is Lloyds Bank in Reading, my account number is 89542198, there is a photo of me and my passport which is number AY687317565

What else do you need?

Tank you

Tom

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7593647/bella%20me.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7593647/bella%20my bank.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7593647/bella%20my passport.jpg

OFSO
27th Jul 2011, 11:29
Dear Winner

Even worse than wasting our licence money is that they are giving it to one of the wealthiest guys around - Michael Winner isn't short of a bob or twain.....

Capetonian
29th Jul 2011, 10:40
Subject: Hello Dear Tom
Date: Thursday, 28 July, 2011, 17:31

Hello Dear Tom,
Thanks so much for your account information and your message and the attachment that you sent to me,Well,i am not all that angry about your comments,Thanks for your promised to make me happy.

Tom,the passport you sent to me did not bear any of your photo or information,please can you send to me the page of your passport where your photo apears,Please do not be offended for my request.Secondly,i will need your telephone number for an easy communication.This is all that I need and will appreciate if you send the items to me.
I am hoping to hear from you soonest.
Yours sincerely,
Bella

Mvoing on .........

Dear Bella

When I looked at my passport I found out that it expires in two weeks, so I have sent it away to the Consulate to be renewed. So I don't have it now.

You can phone me on +xxxxxxxxxx

Tom

Capetonian
6th Aug 2011, 07:24
Dear guest!

Transaction: Credit Card 0611_ujuH
On July 26th, 2011 Hotel made wrong transaction error of transaction from your credit card for an overall amount of $1376.
For noncompliance of the service contract this Hotel was divested accreditation in Booking Company.
For the return of funds please contact your bank and fill information in the attached form.
In the attachment you will find expense sheet with the sum of wrong transaction writing-down.
Company just mediates and bears no responsibility for any money transactions made by Hotel.
Sorry for the inconvenience. We trust you can solve this unpleasant problem.

Thirza Tetu,
Manager of Reception Desk & Reservation Departament

Attached to this email was a .zip file called refundform4417.zip

By the way my budding relationship with Bella the scammer ended in tears :

Dear Tom,
Greeting and how are you,what do you mean that my private telephone number is been monitored by who?.I can now understand that you are not serious at all.I want to let you know now that i dont trust you any more so you should forget the transfer.Because you dont belive me and i can not trust you ok.

Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 13:54:59 +0100
Subject: Re: Hello Dear Tom,please call me +22567546043

Dear Bella

I have tried to call you but my Telecom gives me a message saying that this number is being monitored by the FBI and calls are diverted.

Do you know what this means?

Tom