PDA

View Full Version : Australian... Virgin has the right idea!

Hold_Short
25th Jul 2011, 02:05
It is so refreshing sitting here reading AA:

"having the word Australia on on the aeroplanes , JB believes comes with a responsibility, a responsibility to the country to employ as many Australian's as possible".

I wish Qf kept JB... he's one of best assets that company had.

It's amazing how I feel sick looking at the qf brand nowadays... such a shame they have lost their soul. Such a shame!

Get a copy of the Australian Aviation and read up... inspiring read to say the least.

bigbrother
25th Jul 2011, 07:29
Fully agree. I have been reading and hearing for years how VB were on shaky ground. Look at how it's turned out. Now QF are the ones considered (by some pilots) to be on shaky ground. Certainly the management aspects and decissions having been made raised plenty of questions. I never ceased to be amazed at how we as pilots have to jump through all these hoops yet managers in charge of millions of dollars and hundreds of people have literally NO skills, qualifications, or ability to do the job they are paid hansomly for. Major's and Regionals alike.

Torres
25th Jul 2011, 07:56
I think it would be an opportunity made in heaven for Virgin Australia to jump onto profitable routes being abandoned or under serviced by Qantas World Airlines? Indeed, as Qantas continue to focus on their global interests, Virgin Australia may well become our National airline?

bigbrother
25th Jul 2011, 08:14
I hear plenty of happy people reports coming out of VA. I hear plenty of unhappy reports coming out of QF and REX for that matter

howyoulikethat
25th Jul 2011, 10:14
How come the a330 line maintenance was handed to JHAS,the virgin engineers never got a look in,yep that's what I call looking after your own people....:=

Skystar320
25th Jul 2011, 10:34
Great to hear! Go Virgin....

Cactusjack
25th Jul 2011, 10:55
Maybe Virgin has turned a corner because the head of the rotting fish was finally removed ??

Captain Gidday
25th Jul 2011, 12:02
Ahem. Analyst's consensus is that Virgin Australia made a loss of $63 million in the full year to end June 2011. Qantas appears to have made a profit of about $525 million in the same period.
Go Virgin.

S70IP
25th Jul 2011, 12:19
How come the a330 line maintenance was handed to JHAS,the virgin engineers never got a look in,yep that's what I call looking after your own people....

Settle down howyoulike that. Drop the attitude, you don't have the facts (surprise for pprune I know).

I asked an engineer Today about that on the push back. He said that with the speed that the aircraft was brought in it was not possible. When the maintenance hanger in Sydney is built and they have somewhere to maintain it and not have to rent space, ie can work on it with their on employees, in their own real-estate, VA engineers will look after them.

The engineer was cool with it. He felt "looked after".

industry insider
25th Jul 2011, 13:17
Last week I flew MEL-DRW-PER-KTA-PER-BME-PER-MEL using a mix of DJ and QF. 3 out of 3 DJ flights pushed back exactly on time. 4 out of 4 QF sectors were between 20 and 50 minutes late.

DJ staff were friendly and motivated. I was in PE and they could not wait to tell me about their J class product and training they either had or were going to receive. They were all very positive and engaged and seemed, dare I say, happy in their work.

QF staff were also friendly in a perfunctory manner to me as a Platinum FF.
They were not really engaged and seemed not to be very perturbed by their lateness, seeming to accept it as "normal" operation.

I want comfortable, easy, pleasant business travel which departs and arrives on time whenever possible. One airline seems to be able to offer it, one seems to be having trouble. My trial will continue for a few months before I finally decide where to put my staff travel account.

Bigboeingboy
25th Jul 2011, 13:25
Easy for Virgin while the Irish CEO of Qantas targets low cost airlines in Asia. VA are getting a free kick when will somebody in Qantas wakeup?

peuce
26th Jul 2011, 04:51
Ahem. Analyst's consensus is that Virgin Australia made a loss of $63 million in the full year to end June 2011. Qantas appears to have made a profit of about $525 million in the same period.
Go Virgin.

Maybe so ... but in the long term, I'd put my money on a Company that appears to have high morale and Customer satisfaction ... than one that appears to have neither.