PDA

View Full Version : Charged multiple times for a single download of OS X Lion

INLAK
24th Jul 2011, 09:57
After purchasing Lion from the Mac App store to upgrade my iMac, Apple have debited my account for the full amount 3 times.
It was using a Visa debit card, so the money has already left my account and gone to Apple, therefore I can't stop the payments like I could on a credit card.

The problem is Apple refuse to admit that they have taken the amount 3 times, as it shows as only one purchase on my iTunes account, even when I provided them with evidence of this from my bank account. They just tell me to contact my bank. My bank can't do anything as the money has been transferred out to Apple already.

A quick google search shows that many people have this problem, some being charged up to 20 times for one transaction.

Anyone else experienced this and got it sorted?

mixture
24th Jul 2011, 14:02
Just log a request with App Store customer service, they are generally very helpful and friendly types. It may just be you need to show them some copies of statements if they are having difficulty reconciling from their side.

If you want to go the bank route, the codeword you want to use is "chargeback"...(or "Visa Debit Chargeback scheme" in it's long form). If you are talking to a muppet on the other side of the world, then this may need to be combined with codeword "escalate" (otherwise known as "can I talk to your manager"). .... :E