PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft rental in Antigua or Dominica

TRPGpilot
23rd Jul 2011, 22:07
Hi Guys I am due to travel to Antigua or Dominica later this year. I have done a search and come across a Piper PA-28 registration V2-LDW. But these posts are several years old. Anyone rented this arcraft recently? Is it still avaiable for hire? Anyone that hired it several years ago how did you find it? Were you happy with the aircraft and owner? Thanks for any help. I would really like to see a few islands from the air but one has to be carefull with getting into an unknown aircraft and pilot, hence the questions.

BimJim
21st Aug 2011, 21:05
Hey, trpgpilot...

Did you find anything to fly in the Antigua area? If so, please visit the CRANe - if you are registered - and Post your findings. If yoy are not a registered uiser you can of course register, or please send me your report at the address below and I will Post it for you.

This is purely so others can more easily find this kind of service in the future - I'm trying to build up a source of all such information on the CRANe as a central reference point for all Caribbean aviation.

Best,

Jim Lynch
http://www.candoo.com/contactform/index.htmp

CRANe - Caribbean Regional Aviation Network
• CRANe for the Caribbean :: Welcome, everyone!! • (http://www.craneforum.org/index.php)

Jetblu
9th Sep 2011, 08:54
GENERAL AVIATION SERVICES.

Fantastic outfit! Have Cessna 421B
Cessna 337
Cessna 172

Tel/Fax (758)451 9089 Cell (758) 716 0904 / 384 4673

Email [email protected]

TRPGpilot
7th May 2012, 20:51
Jetblu, your post was sent after I travelled! Anyway I have been and back and yes the aircraft is still available. The owner comes with it and its very informal not really like a rental at all. The owner is good company though. I basically was allowed to fly the aircraft as PIC and he acted as a safety pilot of sorts, really nice if you are flying in areas new to you with different procedures etc. I would def recomend it and do it again when I am next on that side. I will also check out the St lucia connection also. went over to Montserrat and flew around the volcano. ( we didnt land )

kalonj
6th May 2013, 10:58
Hi,

I'm an Aussie and I'm going to Antigua for my honeymoon in August. I have my PPL and would love to fly my wife around the place. Happy to have old mate sitting next to me if needed.

How can I contact him?

Mhowitt
28th Sep 2013, 19:02
Hi,

Dd you have any luck finding the guy with the PA28? We're going to Antigua in October and would love to hire the aircraft.

Any contact information you have would be appreciated

Thanks

TRPGpilot
29th Sep 2013, 00:43
PA28-161, Reg V2-LDW.
David Hart: +1 268 463 3000.
Flew with David back in 2011. Nice friendly guy. Flew over to Montserrat and back.

TRPGpilot
17th Dec 2013, 19:55
Around Montserrat in a PA-28 - YouTube

a bit shaky, but that was before the GoPro was around, back in 2010