PDA

View Full Version : Folly of fools...

flaps 15 3 green
23rd Jul 2011, 17:17
Is it just me or is the current training 'system' designed only for those considered the folly of fools?
Being a student pilot these days is being but nothing more than a customer. Today's market is saturated with 'pilots' of which the majority have licenses only because of their abilities to dispense vast amounts of £££ and not much else. Pay to fly schemes, the lack of proper aptitude and pilot assessment, and the lack of Government or Airline co-operation regarding funding for those talented few, some could argue, is filtering out the talented and only the rich need apply - there is not much redundancy or desire from FTO's and in some cases airlines, not to train those willing to pay over the odds it seems...
I've read a few accident reports lately in which pilot error has been the cause - mainly low houred FO's with terrible training reports who've paid their way in. Airbuses and India ring a bell.
My brother didn't pay 30k after med school to become a surgeon. He became a surgeon though a combination of hard work, aptitude and experience. God help us all if the NHS ever adopt a 'Pay to operate' philosophy!!
Granted, I was lucky and was offered a scholarship with a well known british airline many moons ago; these days I'd probably not bother.
It will continue to get worse if the current system continues to grossly fuel an exploited market. Use your head not your £££.

KAG
23rd Jul 2011, 17:51
Quite true.

I don't like what it has became neither.

Even if I spent my youth reading Saint Exupery and admiring pioneer aviators, now I admire more a young guy investing in a house and marrying his sweat heart than a young fool chasing his expensive and selfish "dream" to become a "jet" driver.

mad_jock
23rd Jul 2011, 18:45
I admire more a young guy investing in a house and marrying his sweat heart

Is that having a go at blokes marrying scottish burds? ;)

captainsuperstorm
24th Jul 2011, 13:12
all these morons paying airlines are the bastards of the sky, the piece of sh.t of the new generation like the one who kiiled 85 and +++ people in norway.

this is where we are heading to, and some AGREE!!!! agree to continue in the same sytem, agree to pay to fly, agree to be a whore,... (are they nuts?)

some here try to make a noble profession, and no, some recruiters are kiiling us, killing your children too, killing their future.

I don't know who is responsible of this mess (in aviation and in Norway) but we should hang people high and short in the middle of the town, and hang all these idiots who kill, pay2fly, or sell drug.

I belive we should cut hands too to some recruiters of ryanair/easyjet.

time for justice will come!:E (don't do justice by yourself, justice will come.,just watch)

Felix Saddler
26th Jul 2011, 03:33
F153G:
I entirely agree! Whilst I am myself a student, I know whole heartedly what lies at the end of the tunnel - no job, fewer prospects, expensive renewals, etc. I pay my way and aim only for a basic se cpl... single engine bush flying being the goal. I have little interest in 'paying' jet pilot... especially when I want to fly for a living! Why those who wish to bypass such an adventure is beyond me!