PDA

View Full Version : Amy Winehouse has died.

Checkboard
23rd Jul 2011, 16:49
Not REALLY surprising, but very sad for her family and fans. :sad:

BBC News - Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14262237)

750XL
23rd Jul 2011, 16:53
92 innocent people dead in Norway, yet every news channel is dominated and no doubt will be for days over the death of a smack head who refused help from everyone :ugh:

candoo
23rd Jul 2011, 16:54
I feel for her family

It is plain some talented peeps cannot cope with the limelight she joins a regrettably long list.

Richard Taylor
23rd Jul 2011, 17:03
One good album. Apart from that..............

Bronx
23rd Jul 2011, 17:04
They tried to make me go to rehab, I said, "No, no, no"
Yes, I've been black but when I come back you'll know, know, know
I ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fine
He's tried to make me go to rehab, I won't go, go, go

Let's hope some of her young fans who watched her do drugs on stage will now realize doing drugs ain't so cool after all.

B.

Carbon Bootprint
23rd Jul 2011, 17:22
Before I saw this thread, I started another which I have since deleted.

As has been stated before, this news pales in comparison to the tragedy in Norway, but I doubt it surprises many.

Nevertheless, it is a sad testimony to talent (and success, since I suppose the first part may seem questionable to some) gone awry, and yet another pointless loss of human life.

Twenty-seven years old. What a shame, what a waste, even more so since most (if not all) of her troubles were self-inflicted. After all her travails, one wonders if she had not been looking forward to the "sweet, sweet sleep of death."

Rollingthunder
23rd Jul 2011, 17:31
First thought that came to mind was "Janis Joplin".

Parapunter
23rd Jul 2011, 17:34
Has Al Qaeda claimed responsibility yet?:rolleyes:

El Grifo
23rd Jul 2011, 17:41
A terrible role model for her fans.
Her ability to escape responsibility for her actions was a disgrace.

For just a small percentage of the drug related acts she was involved in, any one of her fans would be in chokey !!

Sad nevertheless !

Capetonian
23rd Jul 2011, 17:41
She died of self-inflicted drug abuse, like that Jackson creature. The only thing in her favour is that she wasn't suspected of improper behaviour with minors.

Lafyar Cokov
23rd Jul 2011, 17:42
..They should have made her go to rehab!!! (I wonder what she would have said?????)

BDiONU
23rd Jul 2011, 18:03
Amy Winehouse was once quoted as saying she has no intention of giving up drugs, and intends to 'die young and leave a pretty corpse.'
Turns out she was half right.