PDA

View Full Version : AirAsia X Questions

Iver
22nd Jul 2011, 23:08
I have been searching for information related to AirAsia X and haven't been able to find much (recent info). I have a few questions for those people in the know:

1. Is there a relationship between AirAsia Malaysia and AirAsia X for pilot flow-through from one to the other or are they completely separate operations with separate hiring, training, etc.? Does AirAsia X offer preferential hiring for AirAsia Malaysia pilots?

2. Has AirAsia X been hiring much lately? What are the competitive minimums? Do they hire expat pilots (i.e., Aussies or Europeans) or primarily local pilots onto the A330/340?

3. Where do most of the AirAsia X pilots come from - military, other longhaul carriers or regional turboprop operators, etc? Which airlines are they currently sourcing pilots from? Do all pilots need to be typed on the Airbus before applying?

4. Lastly, I remember reading awhile back that pay at AirAsia X was not so good for the longhaul flying they do. Any updates on:

A. Starting pay for FOs and
B. Average number of hours flown per month and
C. Average days off per month for newhires
D. How does this AirAsia X newhire FO package differ from the AirAsia Malaysia A320 newhire package (differences in pay, days off, etc.)?

Thank you for any updates on AirAsia X. PMs also welcome.

Cheers

Iver
24th Jul 2011, 03:16
Echo Echo Echo...

Thanks for anyone willing to provide serious replies. PMs also welcome.

Skindogg
24th Jul 2011, 03:34
No expat first officer being hired. Therefore I won't bother with the rest of the questions!

Sorry.

TSRABECOMING
25th Jul 2011, 10:40
there was an internal recruitment from AA to AAX but only for people who hold DCAM approved license