PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needing some info: checklist help

lpkm
21st Jul 2011, 11:42
Hi there, what a great forum! Im especially loving the thread full of images, theres some fantastic shots on there.

Im putting together a guide and Im trying to find some information. I need the start up/shut down check lists for about 20 different helicopters (common aircraft such as Bell 47, Robbies, S300, B206 etc) does anyone know where I could find such info? Thanks in advance :)

Regards,

Luke

Helinut
21st Jul 2011, 12:56
Luke,

You will find them in the respective aircraft type Flight Manual (AFM).

The trouble is that many manufacturers are reluctant to make these available. They normally charge a fortune or limit them to owners. [One or two are more open and you can find them on the manufacturer's website]. The checklists you want are usually extracted from the flight manual onto a checklist used in the cockpit by operators. So that might be the way to go - contact operators who fly the heles you want. Be prepared to explain why you want them - so the operator does not think he is being done over.

There is a thread about getting hold of AFMs - you could try there

You should be aware that checklists change through time. You don't say what or who you are producing this set of lists for, but the only one to be used for real is the UP TO DATE one

lpkm
21st Jul 2011, 13:13
Hi Helinut,

Thanks for the feedback, thats a great help. I will start with the AFM's, if unsuccessful I will get hold of a few operators. I presume its the same story for the Daily/A-Check aircraft checklist also :)

Regards,

Luke

hands_on123
21st Jul 2011, 15:06
Free Robinson R22 Checklists to Download (http://freechecklists.net/Resources/Robinson/R22/)

Peek Helicopters (http://www.peekhelicopters.co.uk/helicopter_manuals.htm)

212man
21st Jul 2011, 15:36
Battery ...On
Fuel Valve....Open
Start Switch....On
Throttle..... to IDLE
Start switch..... OFF when self - sustaining

Works for most (turbine) types.....:ok:

RPM AWARE
21st Jul 2011, 15:47
yep...perfect way to start your 206 or 369 every time :eek:

lpkm