PDA

View Full Version : Type rating at AAT and NOC letter from dgca

ronak.akik2k
21st Jul 2011, 04:35
Hi,

I am planning to go to AAT in Canada for my type rating on a A320 soon.

Firstly any one here been there? I mean is the school good for the type program?

And secondly, what is the procedure to get a NOC from DGCA for the same?

Does it make a difference that I don't have a Indian CPL and I last flew in 2008?

Hope to get some good replies soon.

Thanks.

hawaijahaj
21st Jul 2011, 06:10
lol....If you don't have an India CPL then why do you want an NOC from DGCA?:D:D

cyrilroy21
21st Jul 2011, 06:19
@ronak

Assuming you are an Indian Citizen
And since you mentioned that you dont hold an Indian CPL
Where exactly do you plan on finding work with you TC A320 rating and no hours on type ?

ronak.akik2k
21st Jul 2011, 08:16
My bad!

I heard a lot of people talking about the NOC letter so thought I might need it as well...it's better to be cautious than sorry if you wanna deal with DGCA!!!!

And about where I will find a job...many of my friends did the type, are getting jobs eventually...and those who don't have are sitting in call centers!!!

Any suggestions why I shouldnt do the type ?? Or maybe a different ac??

Also, any idea where to verify NIOS 10+2 certificate?? I mean you need to verify before applying for the indian cpl license right??

cyrilroy21
21st Jul 2011, 10:00
Oh ok you still have to obtain your Indian CPL

Then you dont need an NOC

The NOC is only issued to those who already have their Indian DGCA CPL and want to go outside India for type rating or multi engine rating
However the DGCA has a bunch of specific requirements for issue of type rating . They might refuse to endorse your type rating if you dont meet those requirements
However these requirements are mentioned on the NOC . I am not sure where else to find them

You dont need an NOC if you do your type rating with an TRTO in India like CAE bangalore

Here is a list of Airbus Training Centres around the world

Training centres*| Airbus, a leading aircraft manufacturer (http://www.airbus.com/support/training/training-centres/)

ronak.akik2k
21st Jul 2011, 11:06
Thanks for the info.

I checked the link, but they havent mentioned Canada anywhere, so does that mean that the training in Canada is not airbus approved or something?

And also, is there anyone who has done a type rating and know what are the recent requirements for dgca???

Any help for the NIOS verification as well??

cyrilroy21
21st Jul 2011, 11:18
I am sorry I am not familiar with term NIOS ?

Could care to expand it and explain it for me ?

Does it stand for National Institute of Open Schooling ?

The typical process for getting a verification letter for your 10+2 either from CBSE or ICSE or state syllabus or any other involves writing a written request to them for the verification and give them a copy of the DGCA flow chart and conversion application form .

Some authorities will give you the verifications like CBSE and ICSE ( gives it in one day i have heard )
Some state syllabus authorities wont send it to you and instead will send it directly to the DGCA instead .
In this case make sure you mention your file number and computer number on the written request and tell them to mention it on their letter to the DGCA also otherwise the DGCA will just use it wipe their desks clean :hmm:
Make sure you get a received stamp on a copy of the written request and you can submit that as proof of verification

Make sure you do this as soon as possible as some authorities take their own sweet time in issuing the verification

ronak.akik2k
21st Jul 2011, 11:23
Yeah it is national institue of open schooling ....!!!

Thanks a lot...but stil the link dint included Canada...so does that mean that type rating from there wouldn't be valid in india???

I cant do in CAE India because they want Indian CPL ... :(

cyrilroy21
21st Jul 2011, 11:54
Those type rating schools are airbus training centres .

As long as the type rating school you are going to is approved by your aviation authority ( Transport Canada i believe ) you should be fine
The only thing is you have to meet the DGCA requirements for them to endorse it on your Indian DGCA license

I cant do in CAE India because they want Indian CPL

Why dont you get your Indian CPL first and then bother about type rating ?

smurf84
21st Jul 2011, 12:17
Hey Cyril,

What exactly are the requirements put forward by the DGCA to get an A320/B737 rating on the Indian licence?

AviatorVette
21st Jul 2011, 12:19
If you are trying to land a job in India there is no point doing a type rating without a valid Indian cpl license and RT license. You need to clear all your written exams and be current too.

cyrilroy21
21st Jul 2011, 12:44
@Smurf

I am not sure about the DGCA requirements for type rating

You will have to get an NOC from the to find out

You can also contact CAE Bangalore for more info as they are a DGCA approved TRTO

@ronak

How exactly do you expect to get employed in India without an Indian DGCA CPL license let alone a type rating ? ( assuming you hold an Indian passport )

If you are looking for a job outside India why would you even bother dealing with the Indian DGCA ?

smurf84
21st Jul 2011, 12:49
Thanks Cyril.

I believe Ronak wants to get his type rating done on his overseas licence and then come to India to convert his licence for a job opportunity.

NZNPH
21st Jul 2011, 12:52
for NIOS verification you need to go to NOIDA A-24-25//Sector-62 NOIDA, U.P

ronak.akik2k
21st Jul 2011, 12:54
I know what you mean...

I cleared my papers in first go...infact it will be 2 years in a month...

I am going to Canada to do my recency, type rating..and come back here and submit my papers!!! All I need to do is give the medicals!!! class 1 again as it lapsed lolzz :) hope this clears the doubts about getting jobs in India!!!

But my only concern is the type rating institute..so if any of you guys have any other institute in Canada please let me know for type rating!

I contacted CAE Canada but they said there is a waiting period..a month, 2 months..not sure..so I searched this school AAT...

Now please any suggestions other than not doing type rating ;) please let me know! I inquired at aerosim in states as well...but than I will have to go to Canada and all so I thought why not do the whole thing in one place!!!! ( I hVe already been to states so why not roams new country!!)

ronak.akik2k
21st Jul 2011, 12:56
That's right smurf!!

And thanks for the nios info!!

But I am just wondering any of you guys dint heard about this AAT school..so is it ok!!! ???? :o

cyrilroy21
21st Jul 2011, 13:31
@ronak

While I am a strong advocate of not paying for type rating without a job I cant dispute the fact those who did type ratings by themselves have found jobs ( right place right time comes to mind )

However this does not gauruntee a job just because you hold a type rating.
You will still have to pass the written exams , interview and sim checks before they give you a job. Not to forget there are hundreds of type rated folk also sitting at home without a job

I am not sure where your friends have been but I have friends who were selected by Jet , Spice and Indigo within the past one year and none of them were type rated
IndiGo is still conducting Interviews every month and will continue to do so for the forseeable future

Give it a shot and if you cant get through then go for the type

There is a reason why Jet Airways still recruits non TR candidates even though they can get plenty of typed candidates from the market

Please go to reputed schools for type rating and not the one where you get it done as cheaply as possible

I would still suggest you get the Indian DGCA CPL first as you never know what kind of trouble these troublemakers create with respect to issuing licenses .
They might create even more issues when a foreign type rating that they didnt approve :ugh:

However all this what I said is mere advice and recommendations from what I have observed .
I could be wrong and the day you get your India DGCA CPL with type rating there will be a vacancy waiting for you .

Whatever route you choose.... Good Luck :ok:

ronak.akik2k
21st Jul 2011, 13:39
God!! Thanks but I so hate the DGCA!!!!

Anyways.will think over it anyways!! :ugh:

Johny Boy
21st Jul 2011, 21:28
@ Original thread creater

Do some research on this AAT Pilot training on pprune.You will get many things to know about them and particularly Capt. Walt.
Reputation of this school can be easily found on PPRUNE itself....

One advise - Just don't give Walt any money upfront ....go and visit his training center & have look at his SIM( Actually its worst than my cousins vintage CRT monitor based Microsoft FS 2004).As i said research about this TRTO will provide very interesting things about " Instructors of AAT ".

Topgun1994
6th Apr 2015, 16:13
Hey folks...Am planning to do type rating in A-320 from CAE Madrid...Does any one know do we need an NOC from DGCA prior my training and other details which should be looked upon before starting my course..!!..Thank you!