PDA

View Full Version : Confusion about Class 2

rents
20th Jul 2011, 05:56
Hi guys ,

I had my class 2 medical done in march 2010. I looked up on the DGCA website under medical section and found that class 2 medical is valid for 24 months (SPL/PPL catagory) heres the link Handbook on Medical Assessment of Flight Crew (http://www.dgca.nic.in/medical/handbook-ind.htm)

But under the Medical Assessment and Appeal System section on the website - its written SPL catagory medical valid for 12 months. Which means I will have to get a medical done again.

I request the guys who are current to please shed some light.

gopesho
20th Jul 2011, 14:08
I also had the same confusion when I wanted to renew my class 2 regarding this contradictory statements..:ugh:
finally my class 2 medical officer said its only 12 months if u hv done yr flying in india BUT in case u hv done yr flying abroad it wud be 24 months... as u wud hv also done tht countrys respective medicals..
also u hv 2 options in this situation.. In case yr foreign medical is VALID as CLASS 1 only, u can directly take appointment for indian class 1 based on yr foreign medical, else u can renew indian class 2 and apply for class 1... as usual..

rents
20th Jul 2011, 17:49
Hey thank you very much for the reply.

So now my class 2 medical should be considered as expired since I dont have a foreign class 1. Does the NOC procedure (which applies for class1) apply for class 2 as well ? I'm trying to find related rules on the DGCA website but cant seem to find anything substantial.

gopesho
20th Jul 2011, 19:22
ummm well now this im not quite sure... Also I forgot to mention if u havent flown since past 1 year, your class 2 would still be valid..
Else, I am not really sure if they issue a NOC for class 2, though they do issue it for class 1.. I feel the best opinion would be your Class 2 doc himself as he would know all the rules related to this in more detail.. My class 2 doc only had advised me of such rules... :ok:

elitepilot20
20th Jul 2011, 21:05
@rents

they rejected my NOC at first when i asked for my class-1 initial while my class 2 was expired at that time but luckily i had my foreign class 1 med. so they allowed me.

so i'd suggest you to wait for their reply on your NOC application, in case if it gets rejected than go for class 2 again but ask your doc if u can proceed with CA35 for class-1 as you already have a file number and you will be fit in class 2(on CA35). if its a yes then you are good to go for your class-1 as well
hope this will help you.:ok:

rents
23rd Jul 2011, 07:20
I will have to renew my class 2 medical then go for class 1. My doc said so.

Thanks for the inputs guys. And goodluck for the future.