PDA

View Full Version : Deregistration from Pprune

Sunfish
19th Jul 2011, 11:38
How does one deregister from Pprune?

I have said enough and I am beginning to repeat myself. I need to get out more and go flying.

1a sound asleep
19th Jul 2011, 11:40
just refrain from logging in for A MONTH:confused:

RATpin
19th Jul 2011, 11:41
Sunfish,as the song goes "please don't go"
cheers

Ngineer
19th Jul 2011, 11:46
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave...

Cactusjack
19th Jul 2011, 11:57
Sunfish, no need to do that. Take a break for a few weeks mate, then come back.
Now on the other hand, Ken Borough, how about you de-register and reposition yourself under managements feet....knob jockey

600ft-lb
19th Jul 2011, 11:58
Ask the moderators to ban you for 4 weeks.

Capt Fathom
19th Jul 2011, 11:58
How does one deregister from Pprune?

The ultimate in self indulgence! :=

Just go quietly!

Ushuaia
19th Jul 2011, 12:02
DO NOT GO.

I, for one, find your perspective and ideas educational and thought-provoking. So stick around, huh?

Oriana
19th Jul 2011, 12:09
Sunny - stick around. Your posts provide an insight not all of us have.

tail wheel
19th Jul 2011, 12:13
Not again Sunfish? :ugh: :ugh: This is getting repetitious. The neighbours will start talking........ :uhoh:

Sunfish: 7 December 2006:
Goodnight and Goodbye.
I've decided that there is no benefit for me that I cannot find somewhere else on the web, therefore PPRuNe is more of a liability than a resource.

I could wax lyrical on Boeing, Ansett, certain RAAF stuff let alone my lone experience learning to fly instead of just sitting in cockpits during lunchtime.

However, I've decided that it is better to lurk than to post.

Let the record show that I believe Qantas is a wart on the bum of progress. let it also show that I believe GA has a great future, in part because of the failings of Qantas.

Let it also show that there is "room for improvement" in the training, care and feeding of students of all degrees,

Good night and goodbye. There is nothing here of value to me.

Get out more, sniff the roses - or the avgas - and leave your computer alone for awhile! :ok:

And when you're ready to return I'm sure we can restart our love affair!

:}

VH-XXX
19th Jul 2011, 12:28
De-registering is a bad idea because removing your posts will fragment the threads and confuse those reading old discussions.

Take a break and we'll see you back soon.

I am wondering about your "more flying" comment given your recent trip.

Howard Hughes
19th Jul 2011, 12:33
Why do people make a big fuss about leaving? If you've had enough don't you just stop visiting? :rolleyes:

jas24zzk
19th Jul 2011, 15:06
Well tbh, because some people just like to find a new way to be noted.

This is certainly not case with Sunfish.

Forum posting, as with gambling, bonking good looking co-pilots etc is an addiction. You either manage it, or abscond totally.

Sunfish is a prolific poster in this area, so i take it he has an addiction to sharing his knowledge with us plebs, and he way to manage it is to depart rwy 09.

I tend to lurk around here, often simply watching/reading/learning, only commenting on topics that truly interest me, or in some way affect me.....the later forms my current post.

Sunny, if you decide to depart us, you WILL be missed, i have enjoyed the banter with you over the last few years. You have never been critical, but simply pointed me in the right direction to find the info to correct the error in my thoughts. You have created a personality for yourself here, based on experience and knowledge.

Cheers
Jas

teresa green
20th Jul 2011, 01:15
Oh dear, another one to follow Gaunty, Chimbu Chuckles, Brisboy, et al. Just have a break ol mate, enjoy some flying, and then shower us with your pearls of wisdom once more. DON"T ever give up on QF, we are going to need all the fighters we can get.:D

Jack Ranga
20th Jul 2011, 01:42
Sunny I de-registered once and had all the posts deleted by a moderator, it does what triple x says and makes the threads dis-jointed so don't do that. Besides the fact your posts are fantastic and a great read :ok:

I'm slowly using prune less and less, it's worse than smoking and over eating. Aviation is an overwhelmingly negative industry, I've worked in a stack of industries and this one's ethics are below them all, although, it does make the decent people you meet stand out! It's the sum of all who participate in it (which doesn't say much really).

Aviation has now become 'too hard' to participate in, a true reflection of the 'nanny state.' Had a great time and did memorable trips that contributed to life's character building but it aint worth it anymore.

Here's to fading away gracefully and not re-registering under another user name...................;)

Pinky the pilot
20th Jul 2011, 03:57
Sunny, Don't do it!! Just like the others have said; Don't log in for a while.

Besides, I believe Gaunty still occasionally lurks about, and Chuckles is around somewhere.

Chimbu chuckles
20th Jul 2011, 04:26
ummm....Wot I done now?

tail wheel
20th Jul 2011, 04:38
Ah, Teresa my dear, Gaunty last graced Dunnunda on March 24 this year, Chimbu Chuck a mere 14 hours and 2 minutes ago and that naughty Brisboy has been AWOL since 25 November 2007.

Unless of course, they have alternate "personalities" and have been around more recently...... :E

And Mola mola (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_sunfish), whose signature is "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get me.........", indeed graced PPRuNe at 10.13 am this morning! :ok:

And I'll wager a stubbie or three that our Mola mola (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_sunfish) won't be able to resist the temptation to post just one more wise comment.....

:} :} :}

Correct that - Chuck logged onto PPRuNe as I was posting.

G'Day Chuck, you were up late last night/early this morning? You were accused of being absent without a note from Mummy! :ok:

Worrals in the wilds
20th Jul 2011, 06:18
There's a regular on the Military Forum with over 14,000 posts.
Speaking of absent PPRuNers. did anyone find out if Bushy is okay?

Sunfish, we all enjoy your stuff, maybe just take a small sabbatical and that will do the trick. D&G RP has been a pretty depressing place to hang out over the past few months, but that's indicative of the state of the industry.

tail wheel
20th Jul 2011, 06:27
Tailwheel out of interest do you know the max number of posts by any Pruner? I myself am hopeful of cracking 100 posts before you banish me!

I will be amazed if you make 100 posts.......... :*

I have seen a few users with 8,000 plus posts, mostly on other PPRuNe Forums. The job would be too big to find the highest posting score and besides, some users post under more than one user name - and think we don't know - or those that were forced to reregistered new user names after the "big melt down" around 2002, or those banned and re-registered.

A few of the regulars:

Sunfish: reg 4 Aug 2004: 3,894 posts = approx 1.5 posts per day
Tinpis: reg 29 Aug 2005: 3,541 posts = approx 1.6 posts per day
ForkTailedDrKiller: reg 18 January 2007: 2,925 posts = approx 1.8 posts per day
Jabawocky: 16 July 2007: 3,915 posts = approx 2.7 posts per day
VH-XXX; reg 9 Feb 2006: 2,767 posts = approx 1.4 posts per day
Wally Mk2: reg 15 Dec 2008: 834 posts = approx 0.913 posts per day
Chimbu Chuckles: reg 8 June 2000; 4,375 posts = approx 1.1 posts per day

Obviously the oldest registration or longest registered user would be Danny. I registered around number 75 in 1996, although many of the earlier registrations are now gone. There are many PPRuNe users who have been registered and active for over ten years.

Busy's last visit and last post was 7 April 2011.

Chimbu chuckles
20th Jul 2011, 06:42
And I was here a long time before June 2000, late 97ish I think - as CC, not to mention Mountain Man:E

Don't give it away Sunny - just take a break - and do as I do - ignore the BS and concentrate on the fun threads - Tiger Moths and such.:ok:

Geezus Jaba...you need to get a life:eek:

teresa green
20th Jul 2011, 07:08
Tail Wheel, the fact that I flew aircraft WITH a tail wheel, I think you could be a little more forgiving! :{

haughtney1
20th Jul 2011, 07:08
And I was here a long time before June 2000, late 97ish I think - as CC, not to mention Mountain Man

Dats cos you is really old.........

A break is as good as a holiday, but beer works well too:ok:

tail wheel
20th Jul 2011, 07:22
Teresa, when I took my first lesson the only thing on the field without a tail wheel was the CFI's Vanguard! Then along came those fantastic new tricycles, the Tripacer and Airtourer!

You're older than me, but there isn't much in it! :{

Ah yes, Mountain Man. I vaguely recall that name but see it was registered to another user in 2007, regular visitor but has never posted on PPRuNe. You probably lost it in the big meltdown.

Chimbu chuckles
20th Jul 2011, 07:36
Nah - I retired it after battling Sharpie to standstill.

PPRuNe Towers
20th Jul 2011, 07:52
For the sake of accuracy it simply never, ever occurred to Danny or me to register.

Our present registration numbers are entirely fake - done more than 5 years after everyone else had to do it.

And a tip to sunny - you're getting good advice and it's the same as we give to mods year after year. Any review of our archives shows familiar names who burned out. Take a break.

Rob

sisemen
20th Jul 2011, 08:01
Sometimes the kindest thing to do to someone who's threatening suicide is to say "Go on mate. Get it over with. We're tired of waiting".

Most times it brings them to their senses when they realise that their grand gesture is going to leave not a ripple.

Ultralights
20th Jul 2011, 08:52
so has he gone yet? he does know that PPrune only represents the small bitter and twisted minority of this industry doesnt he? not that im bitter and twisted, well, bitter with the way the industry is treated by our elected officials. the industry is full of good guys as well, just dont give the bad ones any more of your time and energy than you need to and you will be far better off. The Aircraft maintenance industry is just as bad, as are most smaller industries...

i mainly come to this site for its entertainment value, and the pics!

tail wheel
20th Jul 2011, 09:09
'ello, 'ello - Robin is lurking for a little couth, culture and intelligent debate! :ok:

If you remember the original daily PPRuNe posting email to all registered users, you've been here for a loooong time, possibly from the beginning.

Wally Mk2
20th Jul 2011, 09:47
"Sunny" I think a lot here know how ya feel.
It's easy to get de-registered. Just be open honest & truthful about how the Mods are...............................I deleted what I originally posted as I still have the whips marks on my back from the good 'ole Capt wally days:ok::E

Wmk2

VH-XXX
20th Jul 2011, 09:49
Like Mr. Ultralights, I'm here for the pics and entertainment.

Keep 'em coming and I apologise for not posting many of late.

PyroTek
20th Jul 2011, 10:48
"Sunny" I think a lot here know how ya feel.
It's easy to get de-registered. Just be open honest & truthful about how the Mods (some)are often biased self opinionated & rule way beyond common sense like school yard bullies etc here & they will ban you, easyhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gifhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif

Wmk2

So, got an ETA for Wmk3?:}

teresa green
20th Jul 2011, 10:50
Tail Wheel, I can remember shaking with excitement when I saw a Chipmunk! What happened to Tidbinbilla? Froze to death in CBR?

adsyj
20th Jul 2011, 11:40
I see the retirement of Sunfish lasted less than 24 Hours.

He should get an enforced holiday just for being a tosser,

Pinky the pilot
21st Jul 2011, 04:59
Nah - I retired it after battling Sharpie to standstill.

What didja do that to poor old Sharpie for?:ooh:

Anyway, hopefully Sunfish is now convinced to stick around. I too would miss his insight and wisdom.

remoak
21st Jul 2011, 05:15
If you remember the original daily PPRuNe posting email to all registered users, you've been here for a loooong time, possibly from the beginning.

I still have some of those knocking about somewhere on a 5 1/4 floppy disk...

tail wheel
21st Jul 2011, 06:40
I still have some of those knocking about somewhere on a 5 1/4 floppy disk...

..... but no floppy drive to stick them into?

If ever you do get around to looking at them, can you see if there are any posts by CaptIFSnailTail or some similar user name as I would like to look up his profile and see if we have any of his posts archived. He was one very funny bugga, brilliant posts, but I can't find him in the database. Sadly I believe he has long since passed away.

What happened to Tidbinbilla? Froze to death in CBR?

Dunno. Think he was on line earlier today?

Remember the carbon throat mics in the Chipmunk? Marginally better than a Gosport Tube! :}

Aye Ess
21st Jul 2011, 07:34
Tailwheel,another one who has disappeared is jetbrett who started the Home of Photos Downunder,which is a very entertaining thread. Maybe we should declare an uncertainty phase because his last activity was Oct 2008 !!

remoak
21st Jul 2011, 08:01
CaptIFSnailTail

It was Capt IF Snailtrails if memory serves.

Also remember JudyTTexas, had endless conversations with her. And then there was Send Clowns, Farrell, the Guv, Timmcat, Lexxity, Lord Lucan...

Anyone remember the original PPRuNe chat? Now that was fun for a while...especially when Velvet was around.Funnily enough, I do have a functional 5 1/4 drive, just need to find a motherboard with a connector that old...

VH-XXX
21st Jul 2011, 08:06
Think he was on line earlier today?

He??

remoak
21st Jul 2011, 08:07
Here's one I found:

PPRuNe Bulletin Board System
Rumours & News
SR 111 A sad day for aviation
profile | register | prefs | faq | search
Name
Captain IF Snailtrails
posted 05-09-98 11:09 BST
Yes I share the same sentiments. But I have to admit that prangs like this scare the hell out of me, initially anyway.
Swissair have a very good safety record and tech crew standards. I've seen firsthand their cockpit procedure, CRM, level of standards etc and have to say it is extremely high indeed. This was when I was invited to the cockpit by the crew a few years ago,when I was on their SR as a foreign positioning crew ZRH-LHR (i.e. paxing). The captain discussed the ins and outs of certain emergency procedures peculiar to the MD11 (as against the 747) and I was extremely impressed by his familiarity of the aircraft emergency procedures and intimate systems knowledge. I even learned from him a bit more about the 744, my own current aircraft!
The MD11 is known to be a good aircraft too. It was an MD11 that crashed that I was in the J/S, where I observed Swissair standards.
Put these 2 combinations together and its.... well....it scary. Of course we should all wait for the final conclusion of the investigation, but it's still scary.
At the risk of sounding condescending or even egotistic, in some other recent prangs this year and last, one could say "Yes, if I was there I would've made a difference to the outcome". In this SR accident, knowing the standard of SR crew, no. I wouldn't.
At this stage of the investigation it appears the crew did exactly what professionals would do - don't panic. Assess the situation first and respond accordingly - hence the initial Boston consideration. As the situation deteriorated yes - go for Halifax, dump on the way and get down fast! Pulling apart the data we know thus far, they did what was expected by any other professional - and perhaps they even did it better.
That's what makes it bloody scary, if you catch my drift - there but for fate went I.
To close this thread, click here (moderator or admin only).
Hop to:
Contact Us | PPRuNe Home Page

As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent.
In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions.