PDA

View Full Version : Well done DJ

rodchucker
18th Jul 2011, 21:42
Was on DJ 479 that diverted to Brisbane from Maroochydore on Saturday after two attempts to land in bad weather. That is not the issue.

All Crew did a fabulous job throughout and were professional, courteous and genuinely attentive during the whole process. Then when we arrived Brisbane,buses there in short time and all taken to Maroochydore with minimal wait.

Well done to everyone and it shows that a little care and attention goes a long way.

Something is going very right in that place and you get my vote.

ps I am not DJ staff

packrat
18th Jul 2011, 21:56
There is a buzz going through the place and it shows itself everywhere.
Might have something to do with Godfrey leaving and Borghetti arriving..LOL

Chocks Away
20th Jul 2011, 08:44
Ship some of that buzz across the ditch! :D
Mates in Pacblue there are screaming for it.:rolleyes:

hiwaytohell
23rd Jul 2011, 00:00
I agree RC, DJ(VA) are on their game. Flew SYD - BNE just recently when the inbound aircraft went US at the gate. The product recovery was as good as I have seen.

sani-com
23rd Jul 2011, 10:23
There is a buzz going through the place and it shows itself everywhere.

That "buzz" is what should be going through QF now if only they had chosen the right man for the top job. Instead, we've got misery and despair. :{ :ugh:

FoxtrotAlpha18
24th Jul 2011, 02:29
That "buzz" is what should be going through QF now if only they had chosen the right man for the top job. Instead, we've got misery and despair...

Oh great, another Qantas thread. Just what we needed to go with all the others in the D&G section... :D :hmm: :ugh:

Mods - it seems every single employee or person who has a grievance with Qantas has either opened their own thread or hijacked an existing one of late. How about actually moderating this crap and having just a single thread entitled 'Qantas Bashing', that way they can go there and amuse themselves while something else can actually make it on to the front page occasionally. :suspect:

farrari
24th Jul 2011, 02:41
Once the Annual report is out next month the buzz will become a humm.

sani-com
24th Jul 2011, 10:35
Hey FA18, there's a lot of angry qf employees out there and their voices are getting louder and louder. How about I edit my previous post so that I don't mention that dirty q word or associate myself with it, something along the lines of - "That 'buzz' is what should be going through Borghetti's previous place of employment if only they had chosen him for the top job. Instead, I'm lead to believe they've got misery and despair...". Would that be allowed outside the q-bashing thread? ;)

rodchucker
24th Jul 2011, 10:47
I am totally sympathetic to the angry voices but there is a time and a place and this is not it.

My comments were meant to be a complement for something well done by some competent DJ crew, so if you want to deal with the other issues start a new thread.

ps I will probably join that as well.

sani-com
24th Jul 2011, 12:29
rodchucker, I agree, a job well done deserves commendation, and good on the DJ crew for having a customer that impressed with their service, he found it fitting to praise them on a forum (honestly). I'm only following on from what packrat said about "a buzz going through the place" and "Borghetti arriving". My initial post is, IMO, not a thread jump or hijack, and I specifically did not go into details as to WHY there is no buzz at q (god knows I could have) because, as everyone knows, there are plenty of other threads dealing with that and this thread isn't one of them. Please take my first post for what it is - a short, one-line observation of the effect of JB not being CEO of q, what "is" and what "could have been".

Gate_15L
24th Jul 2011, 13:04
Ship some of that buzz across the ditch!
Mates in Pacblue there are screaming for it.

Yeah well theres probably a reason why there is no buzz at PB...

1) Most flight crew that have been there any length of time have either left or are thinking of leaving and are brushing up on the their Emirates' interview skills... the place is like a revolving door....

2) The Borg never mentions PB directly in his comms. PB is more or less mentioned like that uncle that got convicted for pedophilia among the Virgin Australia group.. The JB hasn't even bothered coming over to NZ to say hi on one of his roadshows. That speaks volumes on what he thinks about PB...

3) PB Flight crew get told about the A330 applications being open, two days before they are due to close... what message does that get across??
If anything like the past, Virgin Australia will probably only take a token Captain and F.O like they have in the past for V Australia to make it seem "fair and equitable".. or PB management won't let anyone go before they're already short....

4) Most Virgin Australia crew see PB as a threat to their terms and conditions... and "their" flying...

5) Senior management at PB getting very current on type very quickly. Good on them for getting out on the line a bit more, but your motivations and timing is suspicious..

6) What this, Manager Flight Ops has just left to go take up a position as Manager Flight Ops on the EMB190 fleet? Head of Operations also has just left to go to the Brisbane... rumours that the PB CEO is also off shortly... Operations staff told a heads up that you should start looking for jobs in the next few months...

Buzz?! more like rats leaving a sinking ship...

Jack Ranga
25th Jul 2011, 02:23
4) Most Virgin Australia crew see PB as a threat to their terms and conditions... and "their" flying...

It is what it is..........is it not?

Ultralights
25th Jul 2011, 03:02
FA18, not sure if you have noticed, there are only 2 big airlines in oz, who else is there to talk about?

FoxtrotAlpha18
25th Jul 2011, 05:52
*sigh* :hmm:

Nooo, really? Two big airlines??? Wow! :rolleyes:

But why does a complimentary thread about one of them have to turn into a bashing thread about the other one...capiche??? :ugh:

Worrals in the wilds
25th Jul 2011, 06:29
There are two major airlines in Australia (and let's not forget the Kiwi and P airlines, this is supposed to be DG&P) but there are a huge number of threads about one airline in particular at the moment (18 from 25 on the first page at present).

I realise there's plenty to talk about wrt Qantas at the moment, but there are a lot of threads about Qantas already, and this one wasn't.

So anyway, Pac Bro. Are they getting merged into the Virgin Australia branding thing or continuing separately?

FoxtrotAlpha18
25th Jul 2011, 23:06
My understanding based on reading various reports after the new name was announced was that all brands except Poly Blue were to be merged into the Virgin Australia brand, and that they hadn't decided on what to do with Poly Blue yet?

snakeslugger
26th Jul 2011, 08:56
Yeah, all info conveyed to staff (i.e not much) is the name change will occur towards the end of 2011. There was a rumour the PB AOC was going but looking at the latest vacancies in the group, there is a Manager aircraft ops job going NZ based so maybe the AOC will stay?

Biggles747
27th Jul 2011, 00:20
Dydimo will be the front runner for manager aircraft ops I suppose. Things can only get better.

Capt Basil Brush
27th Jul 2011, 01:15

Gate_15L

You probably were not around when VB promised the upcoming Pacific and NZ international flying to VB pilots to get an EBA through, with an International Allowance in the EBA.

Well the ink was not even dry on the voted in EBA when all of a sudden Pacific Blue was announced - based and crewed out of NZ. The company basically said too bad, however we will still pay you all the international allowance because it will still be way cheaper to do it all based out of NZ.

And you wonder why some VB pilots consider it "their" flying. You were set up to under-cut conditions, and as a result took away a lot of Command Upgrades, and FO positions that would have occured in VB.

Is that explained easy enough for you to understand??

Anthill
27th Jul 2011, 02:42
Your anger, Basil, should be directed at the VB management and not at 'brother' pilots. I hear a lot of waffle from pilots (be they VB, VA, QF, TT or J*) about a "need for solidarity" etc and then marginalize the very people from who they are trying to gain support. There will be no solidarity within the profession of aviators while industrial organisations play politics within their own ranks and with the companies.

Most of the union membership (and leadership, sadly) can't see that the union is exists to represent ALL members. As soon as one group is marginalized because of expediency or politics then the represenative body has failed in it's objectives. This event includes instances when the majority is happy that a minority is screwed over.

The perspective that it's ok when a minority get shafted "democratically" is bunk and short sighted. When a minority within the pilot ranks are either screwed over or have their rights subverted, then how can anyone expect them to show a reciprocal solidarity? There exists a principle in polical theory called "tyrany by the majority". An axiom of Democracy is that this does not occur.*

One does not have to look too far back in time to see how this principle can manifest. When Qantas took over Australian Airlines in the mid 1990's AIPA considered that all future commands in TN would be awarded in accordance with datal seniority. This meant, of course, that the First Officers at Australian would have to wait until the promotional aspirations of a multitude of QF pilots had been satisfied until they had the datal seniority for promotion. In the end, sanity prevailed and a Y list was developed. Had it all gone to a vote, the QF pilots would have 'democratically' ensured that they had first access to all of the B737 commands. This history is remembered by many at the Short-Haul fleet and AIPA should not be surprised if there is a lack of support in that part of the business. Another example was during the pilot's dispute- the proposal from AFAP that a return to work based on date of joining undoubtably prompted many junior members to ask from their jobs back; they could see that they were about to be shafted by the senior membership.

When a group of pilots alienate another, the race to the bottom simply changes to a higher gear. The rights of those at PB should and must be supported by the industrial bodies back in Oz. If you want to say to people "get to the back of the line" or "join the queue" or what ever and some how seek to alienate them from their rights, the n you will create a rod for your back at a future date. Don't be surprised if you recieve no industrial support when you need it! It's sad that most people in this industry are too focused on their own career path and are willing to screw people over for the bigger, faster jet or a LHS. Ironic then that they expect that those who have been rogered will then give them support at a future time, because you just might not recieve it.

:ugh:

* (eg: It may be 'democratic' if all of the blue eyed and brown eyed voters decide that people with green eyes must pay 2 x as much tax, by it would be unethical to have such a tyrany, even if supported by a 'democratic' process).

Oakape
27th Jul 2011, 03:45
My understanding is that PB was set up because VB had a little problem with maintenance control at the time & their ETOPS approval was withdrawn by CASA for a while. Establishing an entirely new airline, particularly in another country, got around the ETOPS issue &, as no one knew how long it would be before VB got their ETOPS approval back, would avoid a possibly extensive delay in commencing international operations.

I was also led to believe that the initial intent was to amalgamate the two airlines after a few years, once VB had their ETOPS approval back & the PB operation was established.

Whether this was propaganda & never intended, or someone with a vested interest had the bright idea of changing things, may never be known to the wider audience. However, I do know that a lot of effort was expended keeping the manuals & operation in general identical to VB's, during the early years of PB.

porch monkey
27th Jul 2011, 04:17
They'll be integrated by datal seniority. On their present pay scale. Like it or not.

Anthill
27th Jul 2011, 05:27
See what I mean! :p

Chocks Away
27th Jul 2011, 23:08
Oakape, that may well be right, as all their ETOPS, maintenance and flight planning in the early days was done by ANZ, who had alot of suitable experience with that around the Pacific (being one of the first ETOPs/EDTO operators??).

I was informed it was set up as a depreciation vehicle, to filter all the new B737's out of USA, through the Christchurch ANZ maintenance & "preparation for service" (correct terminology escapes me right now:ugh:), before landing on home soil. :bored: