PDA

View Full Version : Flying as a CMD only with CPL?

Quazimodo007
18th Jul 2011, 11:12
Anybody know ,what JAR FCL says about flying in multi crew aircraft only with CPL

Genghis the Engineer
18th Jul 2011, 12:12
FO only, must have an IR, MCC and full set of ATPL written passes both to do the type rating, and to fly as crew.

I'm not sure I've seen the regs, but I *think* that in an aeroplane certified for single pilot ops (D228 for example) but electively flown multi-crew a "vanilla" CPL can be type rated (if a type rating is required) fly either seat subject to their licence limitations. Not sure what happens in that case if, say, shooting an approach where only one of the pilots has a current IR - presumably both continue to log but only one logs IFR?

G

BillieBob
18th Jul 2011, 15:22
FO onlyTrue in the case of commercial air transportation. A CPL holder can act as PIC of any aeroplane engaged in operations other than commercial air transportation (JAR-FCL 1.150(a)(2))

A CPL holder may act as PIC of an aircraft certified for single pilot operation, whether operated single or multi crew, provided: when conducting passenger carrying operations under VFR outside a radius of 50 nm from the aerodrome of departure, he has a minimum of 500 hours flight time and holds a valid IR; or when operating a multi-engine type under IFR, he has a minimum of 700 hours total flight time on aeroplanes, including 400 hours as PIC, of which 100 hours have been under IFR, including 40 hours multi-engine operation (EU-OPS 1.960(a)(1))

jerezflyer
19th Jul 2011, 08:49
Am I right in saying that you can fly as PIC with a CPL and nothing else in a Cessna Caravan or a Britten Norman Islander? Noted the 500TT requirement for public transport ops, but I didn't know an IR was required for public transport in VFR single pilot aircraft....