PDA

View Full Version : Strategic delays

The cougar
17th Jul 2011, 20:12
Seems Strategic Airlines are sick and tired of the engineering delays from their maintenance provider John Holland and are looking to source their own engineers.
If John Holland cant hanlde a few A330's i would hate to imagine how they would cope with 12 state of the art A380's. Lucky Qantas didn't go with JH.

buttmonkey1
17th Jul 2011, 22:55
the man 'working out of a ute' model sure is cheap
but one should not expect miracles.

porch monkey
18th Jul 2011, 00:58
Here's novel idea. Try paying your bills. That usually results in a "more attentive" level of service.:rolleyes:

flying-spike
18th Jul 2011, 01:25
I don't know where you got that from or is that just the stereotypical response?I was delayed 2 hours out of Melbourne recently due to the aforementioned company's engineer turning up to work two hours late to fix a fault. From what I understand they are establishing their own CAR30 organization because of the service from the other mob

Hoofharted
18th Jul 2011, 02:58
Porch Monkey, you spend entirely too much time spanking your "name sake".
Just what chip are you carrying on both shoulders?

tourismman
18th Jul 2011, 03:42
Heard the same re JH .Not good.

Yep starting their own .Got the old Boeing hangar at YBBN.

megle2
18th Jul 2011, 08:44
you mean " rents half of the Boeing hangar " which was bought by others

doleque
18th Jul 2011, 11:24
Ozjet (whose AOC Strategic bought) did the same thing, ditched JH and started their own Engineering.

Am hoping that Strategic's Engineering Division has a longer life than it's Ozjet forebear did.

Cactusjack
18th Jul 2011, 11:31
The problem at JH is simple - They currently have too much work and are sinking under the depth of it and they have an increasingly disengaged workforce.
Good for Strategic I say, they are making the right move, just need to ensure that they execute the move correctly and structure their CAR30 correctly