PDA

View Full Version : Timothy Clutterbuck

PrincePembroke
17th Jul 2011, 07:42
Can anyone help me contact Timothy Meadows Clutterbuck? He was a pilot with Autair and in the late 1960s he "owned" Percival Prince G-AMLZ which is now preserved at Liverpool Airport. I would like to know what use was made of the Prince by Autair/Clutterbuck.
Many thanks
Tom Singfield
tom(at)singfield.freeserve.co.uk
Change the (at) to @

dav63
5th Nov 2013, 02:34
Hi Unfortunately Tim died about 15 years ago , I am his daughters partner and was trying to research his life.
I can`t help you much but maybe you could pass on anything that you foond regarding his flying activities or friends he had.
Many thanks DAVID.

PrincePembroke
3rd Jun 2016, 16:39
Timothy Meadows Clutterbuck, was the registered owner of Percival Prince G-AMLZ.
The aircraft was based at Leavesden.
Flight International 31.7.69 says ref Autair at Cranfield show 1969. "In the used-aircraft park was the company's Percival Prince which they originally obtained in part exchange on a helicopter deal. Fitted with an executive interior with five comfortable armchairs the Prince allows its passengers full 6ft headroom in the cabin" Tim Clutterbuck an ex Wartime Squadron Leader and P.R.U. ace and was Autair Helicopter's 'Roving Director' in Africa. The Prince Pilot was reportedly Maurice Rose. (Note that Autair became Courtline on 1.1.70)

Palma
3rd Jun 2016, 21:10
dav63. Tim Clutterbuck worked with Bill Armstrong and Jimmy Harper at Autair in the 1960s. Other notable colleagues were Mike Strangways, who went on to start Trent Helicopters in the old Autair hangar at Luton Airport, and Peter Nutting and Paddy Jones, both of whom flew for Sloane Helicopters in our crop spraying era - 1973 / 1976. Does anyone know if Paddy Jones is still alive?

JamesCam
3rd Jun 2016, 21:33
Happy memories of Paddy in the late 80's at Skyline in Booker, where he taught me to fly. Have tried to find him over the years but to no avail.

James