PDA

View Full Version : SODA Question

sun2k4
16th Jul 2011, 19:15
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and have a question that I hope you people can help me resolve: I have a physical disability that requires special issuance and probably a SODA since it is a non progressive disorder; my question is, what should my first step be in getting a SODA? Should I contact a medical examiner for info? and if so, any medical examiner or should I find one with previous experience in special issuance? This may seem kind of obvious but the reason I'm asking is because I'm getting flight training for a Sport Pilot Certificate (which doesn't require a medical, so I don't want to risk getting a denial right away from an AME since that would mean no more Sport Pilot training until I clear the medical denial) but would like to get a Private Pilot Certificate, I have already soloed and I'm more than capable to physically control the airplane under any circumstance, so I think a Medical Flight Test would be my best bet. Any advice would be really appreciated, thank you very much in advance!