PDA

View Full Version : Will AI give chance to non IGRUAns??

vdaff
16th Jul 2011, 17:21
I am sure most you know now that AI took 60+ fresh ones from igrua onto the big jets...so it seems ai does need pilots so will ai come up with any vacancies for trainee pilots where you wont pay for the selection process...anyone from ai might help us

cyrilroy21
16th Jul 2011, 19:13
Well they might recruit....

Last time they recruited was in 2009 for non type rated .

But heard it was an eyewash as usual with Air India :hmm:

Sooner or later they might have to recruit but they will most likely exhaust the supply from IGRUA or NFTI before they start from outside

I am guessing the existing 777 pilots might transfer to the 787 once they come in ( somebody's got to fly the 27 B787 on order )

On top of that they have published a tender to Lease about 16 A320 ( some may be used to replace the old A320 in the fleet ). But I am guessing those jobs will probably go to the type rated guys

Also lots of former IC pilot will be resigning once they get jobs somehwere else ( Most Likely IndiGo )
There is a limit as to how long you can go without paying them.

If you have been reading the news regarding Air India's restructuring plan , the Deloitte report has recommended buying an additional 135 aircraft in order for Air India to generate enough revenue in ordere to be profitable .
This is in order to balance the employee to aircraft ration to international levels in order to become profitable .
I have no idea on what routes these aircraft would fly on but if the govt approves the plan then thats a plus for us guys

You still have to pay AI for the selection process though . I think its around Rs 1500-2000 for the initial application ( as with all govt jobs )
And around 10,000 - 20,000 rupees for the SIM test if you reach that stage

flyjet787
16th Jul 2011, 20:53
Sooner or later they might have to recruit but they will most likely exhaust the supply from IGRUA or NFTI before they start from outsideAI/IC recruit through campus interviews only from IGRUA not from NFTI.

On top of that they have published a tender to Lease about 16 A320 ( some may be used to replace the old A320 in the fleet ). But I am guessing those jobs will probably go to the type rated guysThat doesn't mean they are gonna get those 16 aircraft. Similar tenders have been posted in the past but nothing happened. The current plan is to use the old 320 in a low cost configuration under the AI Regional brand for which the already advertised for pilots with hrs on the 320.

If you have been reading the news regarding Air India's restructuring plan , the Deloitte report has recommended buying an additional 135 aircraft in order for Air India to generate enough revenue in ordere to be profitable .
This is in order to balance the employee to aircraft ration to international levels in order to become profitable .Well deloitte suggested the leasing of 135 aircraft to match the work force of 40,000. But i'm not sure if they are going to do that since they are now going to send about 15-20,000 employees to the Ground handling company and the MRO which would operate separately from the airline.

You still have to pay AI for the selection process though . I think its around Rs 1500-2000 for the initial application ( as with all govt jobs )
And around 10,000 - 20,000 rupees for the SIM test if you reach that stage You have to pay Rs.500 for the exam and Rs.10,000 for the sim check.

cyrilroy21
16th Jul 2011, 21:34
AI/IC recruit through campus interviews only from IGRUA not from NFTI.

What I meant to say was suppose they dont get the required number from IGRUA they will probably go to NFTI before opening it to the rest of the public

That doesn't mean they are gonna get those 16 aircraft. Similar tenders have been posted in the past but nothing happened. The current plan is to use the old 320 in a low cost configuration under the AI Regional brand for which the already advertised for pilots with hrs on the 320.

Agree with you on that one . I wonder where the money will come to finance the lease if approved ?

You have to pay Rs.500 for the exam and Rs.10,000 for the sim check.

Not sure about the 500 for the exam but if my memory serves me right I remember them asking for 20,000 or more for the SIM check during the last intake in 2009
However yes before 2009 it used to be 10,000 for the sim check

I have a strong feeling that all those rates will be increased during future recruitments :rolleyes:

flyjet787
16th Jul 2011, 21:48
Its been 500 and 10,000 for a long time now. But yeah they might increase that the next time.

And also if they ever recruit for the 320s the people who joined the self sponsored TR program at CTE would probably be given preference.

SOPS
16th Jul 2011, 22:51
Question..dooes all of this sound like a waste of time amd MONEY??

vserian
17th Jul 2011, 04:46
Rumor are saying the IGRUA guys will go on to the 777 (most of them), if they ever come up with vacancies for trainee pilots outside of IGRUA it would be on the 737 and 320. Many of the 777 pilots are moving to the 787, if the demand asks for more then they would get few 737 pilots.

flyjet787
17th Jul 2011, 19:53
@cyrilroy21

Last time they recruited was in 2009 for non type rated .

But heard it was an eyewash as usual with Air India http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/yeees.gifIts an eyewash every where. Just that some handle it better than the others. ;)

flyjet787
18th Jul 2011, 10:30
Not to forget the pilots already flying with AIRegional on their ATRs and CRJs fleets- both of which are about to shut down soon. They are about to shut down?? Where did you hear that from?? In fact they wanted to add more regional aircraft to improve the connectivity between metros and tier-II/III cities.

And the pilots at alliance air are all contracted for a period of 3 yrs. So even if they phase out the CRJs and ATRs it doesn't mean that they have to accommodate the pilots on other fleet. They can just let them go.