View Full Version : What do I do at my stage to reach the right seat of an airline jet?

VJinaus
16th Jul 2011, 04:08
Hey guys,

My name's Vijay. I'm from India. I have got my CPL from Australia and I have done my Multi Engine Training (on a Beechcraft Duchess BE74)..havent done the flight test to get the rating yet. I have got 245 hrs and 27 of those are on the Duchess.

BE74 has been derecognised by the Indian DGCA. :{ So now I dont know which plane I should fly and get endorsed in to please DGCA :confused: and also improve my prospects of getting a job (i'm thinking Charter) in the near future..

And to those who are going to come out and say "Get a Type-rating" I cant afford it right now. := So got any other solid ideas? :sad:

Cheers guys!

MTBUR
16th Jul 2011, 10:07
With 27 hours on the duchy it'd be crazy not do to the endorsement flight.

I assume MECIR is next on the cards? And if I may ask, which Aus school/airport have you operated out of, just for my own information this is because I know a few have massive amounts of Indian students, and if majority are on the duchy then...bugger!

cyrilroy21
16th Jul 2011, 16:27
@VJianus

The DGCA is still issuing endorsements on the Beechcraft duchess

But this is for all those people who applied before July 1 ( whats the logic behind this rule is unkonwn :ugh: )

Whether they will endorse it for those who applied after July 1 is yet to be seen

Expect an anouncement by the DGCA in time regarding this topic

If you want to play it safe go for the piper seneca . Plenty of them in India and hence is a safe bet
The other options are Diamond DA 42 , P68 C , Beech Baron 58 few more like

You will need a minimum of 10 hours on any of these aircraft .

I would suggest you first get your Aussie CPL , Come back and clear your DGCA exams and then worry about which plane to fly for recency ( if required )
They might still be issuing the duchess then you never know :E

About working for charter or airline I would first get my Indian DGCA license and then worry about it

IndiGo has been consistently recruiting every month for the past one year and will continue to do so for the forseeable future ( someone has to fly all those planes on order )

Jet recruits twice a year

More jobs on the horizon

Type rating.... Well I wouldnt go for one untill unless i have a job offer

VJinaus
17th Jul 2011, 17:57
I flew with Basair Aviation College, Bankstown.
I'm already endorsed on the the Duchy..ran out of time on my Visa before I did my MECIR flight test.
I'd do the flight test on my next trip on the Duchy once DGCA recognises Duchy again

How easy is it to get a charter job in aus do u reckon?

VJinaus
17th Jul 2011, 18:00
I would suggest you first get your Aussie CPL , Come back and clear your DGCA exams and then worry about which plane to fly for recency ( if required )
They might still be issuing the duchess then you never know

This is kinda where im stuck right now!

KAG
18th Jul 2011, 20:01
What do I do at my stage to reach the right seat of an airline jet? When I was at your stage I was flying a Cessna 182 for a living and I was dreaming about the Piper Navajo... At that time the King Air was something unreachable even in my dreams...

The more I see "jet" written by wannabes, the more I am sick of it.
From airman we became aviator, from aviator we became crew, from crew we became "engineer" or "officer" to hide the fact the job was becoming easier, and from there the step was not that big: we became monkey. Jet push button monkey with a big ego and no experience, that's what we became. I guess I am part of this generation too as I had my first job begining of the new century, the 21 rst.

captainsuperstorm
20th Jul 2011, 07:57
Jet push button monkey with a big ego and no experience, that's what we becametotally right.

even captains on 747 are dreaming to fly aeroclub planes! they stay for the money!.

bigger planes will not make you happier. Job become borring after a while.
when you fly everyday, all you want is go home and watch TV.
the week end, you don't even look at planes.
You stay at home with your lady!
when you are locked in the sim, all you want is to go home or meet friends in a pub!

it's just a job! if you are not happy now, you will never be happy! you will always want fly a bigger or different plane, and you will become bitter and bitter,...never satisfied! it's all in the mind!