PDA

View Full Version : OK - So What About BA

frequentflyer2
15th Jul 2011, 19:20
Thanks to everyone who's replied to my question about Virgin PE. Can anyone give me feedback about BA WTPlus between LGW and BGI.

MPN11
15th Jul 2011, 19:40
It's a metal tube, just like VS. Ten and a bit hours of being there.

The food will be just about OK, the IFE will probably work. I believe the VS food offering can be better, and some people say the seats are too, but your definition of 'better' and mine may be different.

I say that as a BA Silver, who always/only flies BA these days. I've done both 'down the back' but the BA loyalty programme now ensures I fly Club, so building BA Miles is a significant factor. Perhaps that you could be your deal-breaker?

Alternatively, if this is a once-a-year trip ... just go for the price, time of flight, and the ability to get a decent seat. That's what I do with BA, but then I'm prejudiced. :cool:

Ancient Observer
16th Jul 2011, 12:39
I've used both BA and Virgin PE/WT+ for long haul in the last 12 months. No significant difference overall. Both had same legroom and IFE that worked.

GROUNDHOG
16th Jul 2011, 16:02
BA WT+ has never let me down on LHR/YVR but I choose VS premium on LGW/BGI simply because I am not keen on the B777 of BA. I think they are both equally good, go for the one with the timings and price that suit you best.

manintheback
17th Jul 2011, 15:36
Havent flown WTP+ for about 2 years but if it hasnt changed then you still have to fight over the armrest. Virgin PE you dont. Thats about it as far as differences.

spaceman18
17th Jul 2011, 21:16
Each seat in BA WTP had its own 2 armrests.

PAXboy
17th Jul 2011, 23:24
Whether or not you fight over the armrest in PE/WT+ depends on the dimensions of your neighbour...

In May I was in PE on the VS A346 CPT~LHR and I didn't even bother trying to use the armrest as he completely occupied it, overflowing the seat in the process. When he came back from the loo he complained about how small it was. I managed not to snigger.

pwalhx
20th Jul 2011, 09:52
I have just come back from Hong Kong on WT+, our company policy changed last year from using Business to using Premium Economy. I have to say I don't believe BA's WT+ is worth what it costs and my recomendation has been if we are flying BA we may as well fly economy in future and have an extra day wherever we go to recover.

I have also used AF and BR Premium economy in recent times and find them far superior.

Fraudsquads
20th Jul 2011, 21:09
Mrs F & I have just returned from US East Coast in WT+ for the first time. I have to say I was very surprised that WT+ were the last seat rows called for boarding.

I appreciate that it is supposed to be just WT but with extra leg room, but that leg room is sufficient to all us to get into our space and offload our essential inflight items and stow bags in the overhead without impeding other pax.

Can anybody share their experience of this?

At 6ft2, the space was very welcome but the leg rest I found rather pointless.

FS

manintheback
20th Jul 2011, 21:41
Each seat in BA WTP had its own 2 armrests.

Er, are you sure about that?

BA World Traveller Plus (WTP) 2011 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/15545136@N06/5739684821/)