PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good idea ?

rents
15th Jul 2011, 10:41
]First of all Hello to everyone reading this . I am quoting the following which i came across of pprune itself.

"The most cost effective way to a JAA licence is:

Do the PPL and build up to 175 hours here in Australia.
Then, go to Europe and do the exams and the CPL, IR modules etc there.

No converions to do, no hassle with visas, costs a fraction of the price of an integrated course, have the holiday of a lifetime while building hours, get some real flying done ... rather than spend a fortune to on an integrated course at a sausage factory with inexperienced instructors ... because the funny "bling" uniform is really all you are paying the extra for."

I read this in a thread started by a European student wanting to do flight training in Australia.

I am planning to start flying training soon and i have decided to go to - Harvs Air in Canada. My question is can i do a similar sort of thing ie Go to Canada where training costs are much less as compared to Australia , get a PPL+IR and build upto 170 hours then come back to India and take the theory papers ? Will this put away the recency scare ? Also where should i go for Multi engine rating ?

Graham K
16th Jul 2011, 23:06
i reckon your australia/europe idea is good. however, apperntly canada is hell for visas and training, check in another thread called my pilot career plan-good or bad idea http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/456631-my-pilot-career-plan-good-bad-idea-help.html . canada is full of eager pilots because of its the best country for aviation. you would need a helluva lot of experience and one or two mates high up in the visa dept to get into canada. but dont let me stop you. the idea seems good enough anyway. if you can get in canada youre a made man, otherwise try your aus/europe scheme. good luck

rents
17th Jul 2011, 10:37
Even if i plan to enter on a student visa -- without any intention of staying in the country after completion of study ?

rents
17th Jul 2011, 11:45
My financial statements will be ready in a week. So that my visa application will be on its way.

This morning i spent a lot of time looking at US flight schools and realised i could indeed be saving a lot if i went there. US flight academy U.S. Aviation Academy - Catch Air! - Flight Schools Texas Aviation Schools Flight Texas Flight School (http://www.usflightacademy.com/index.asp) for one.

For the moment my focus is on getting my ratings. If i keep working at it i think some opportunity will present itself somewhere.

KAG
17th Jul 2011, 13:52
Your student visa shouldn't be a problem. Thousands of indians in Canada under any kind of visa.

Student visa is quite easy to get, even if of course you have to get trough the process (which is, basically, finding a flight school and having enough money in your bank account to pay for your training/living).

Canada is one of the easiest (easiest would mean chance of success here) country when it comes to get a permanent card aswell ("green card"), much easier than in Australia, the US or Europe.

In some place in Vancouver there are more asians (indian and chinese) than "caucasian" people... ;)

Last time I flew in Vancouver to renew my IR at PROIFR, I did some touristic flights with a pilot from India to discover the area in the mountains around, he was doing his instructor rating and was just hired.

Harv's air, which is a good business and a good flight school, will be happy to have your money, have no doubt about that. (Harv's air or any other school...)

***Reminder to any wannabe: the british Richard Branson (virgin), the german army, the french prime minister, the american army gave some warnings: within 5 years the energy cost, especially oil, will most likely reach an unsustainable level. Think twice...

rents
17th Jul 2011, 14:57
Views on US aviation group ? They have a big fleet. Just looking for anyone who has recently been there. Their rates are better than Harv's air.

I was supposed to get my class 1 medical done this week but I was down with fever. GP said i could go for the medical in a week. Whats the medical going to cost me ? Any idea ?

rents
17th Jul 2011, 17:47
Searched the forum for anything related to US aviation group , based in Denton , but all the information is quite old . Can anyone please help ?

KAG
17th Jul 2011, 18:15
You asked about Canada, now what?

Continue to google around and check out the schools websites, get excited all what you want.

And when you know which country you would consider, come back here and peoples may still have the willing to answer you.

But don't change your plans all the other post.

Beside look up a bit there is a stick about US visa in this wannabe thread, go read it and do your own homework first instead of thinking out loud here.

Sometimes the use of "thanks", or "merci" or "XieXie (谢谢)", "gracias", "спасибо".... Wouldn't hurt...

---------------------------

***Reminder to any wannabe: the british Richard Branson (virgin), the german army, the french prime minister, the american army gave some warnings: within 5 years the energy cost, especially oil, will most likely reach an unsustainable level. Think twice...

rents
17th Jul 2011, 18:40
I'd no intention of annoying anyone here. Fact is your last post sums up everything I've done so far.

I have checked the Stickies. Am getting the financial statements ready so the Visa application can be done.

Then I googled and got excited. Very true.

And yes thank you for those posts. Forgot simple courtesy. I see your point. I'm going to start preparing for the PPL. Bought the books last week. Will post (and annoy) later if I have study related doubts.

rents
18th Jul 2011, 08:24
one more query ....Can i go to Canada on a tourist visa and train for a PPL ? Tourist visa is easier to get , yes ?

KAG
18th Jul 2011, 19:41
Yes and yes.

rents
20th Jul 2011, 06:00
Merci beaucoup !