PDA

View Full Version : Safety Notice

Whopity
15th Jul 2011, 06:42
I wonder how many Instructors and Examiners have received the latest CAA Safety Notice (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/130711_SafetyNotice_StallRecoveryTechniques.pdf) SN-2011/08: Stall Recovery Technique

The purpose of this Safety Notice is to emphasise to instructors and examiners the appropriate stall recovery techniques to be taught. dated 14 July 2011. What happened to Training Com, apart from being hi-jacked to send out irrelevant material?

DB6
15th Jul 2011, 09:43
Yep, via the Publication Subscriptions Notification Service:
CAA Subscriptions | Publications | CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=35&mode=sub)
It is buried in amongst irrelevant crap about carrying methanol etc. I think I may have to revise my subscription.

Pilot DAR
15th Jul 2011, 10:29
It looks like a wise and basic reminder to me. Perhaps our present world of somewhat more powerful and capable trainers is lulling us into complacency, when the trainers of the old days (I'm thinking 65HP Cubs and Moths here) simply were not capable of being flown that way.

A worthwhile reminder, I'm sure that no instructor want's to knowlingly leave the a student with the wrong instictive reaction to a stall.

Whopity
15th Jul 2011, 18:06
Yep, via the Publication Subscriptions Notification Service:Precisely, but despite its importance The purpose of this Safety Notice is to emphasise to instructors and examinersthey don't actually make any effort to send it to the target audience, despite having our email addresses on record, unless we have subscribed.

Stan Evil
3rd Aug 2011, 10:00
You'll see that, at the start of the notice it mentions TRIs and SFIs rather than FIs. This notice, whilst relevant to UK flight instructors, is aimed at TRIs on business jets, especially those across the water, who have been teaching people to power out of the stall with, sometimes, disasterous consequences.

Whopity
3rd Aug 2011, 16:22
Indeed, but it says under Applicability: All Examiners, Instructors and Registered Facilities. It was drawn to my attention by a Registered Facility who asked what they should do! Communicating information to the right people seems to be a growing problem.