PDA

View Full Version : Cpl-ir jaa convert it into cpl-ir faa ?!

Lucavdh
14th Jul 2011, 13:48
Hi Guys, does someone know how to convert my Jaa ( Cpl-ir) license in FAA ?? I also have type Rating on MD80..

Thanks for you Time!;) Bye bye

Civilizedpilot
14th Jul 2011, 13:54
You can do the exam at flightsafety in Paris.
Try to google and it will come up.
good luck.

aloha1985
14th Jul 2011, 14:50
I believe the FAA only issues a Private pilot certificate based on foreign licenses, regardless if it is a PPL or an ATPL. However, you may get credit for flight experience towards a training program in order to do the required knowledge and practical tests to obtain a FAA Commercial certificate with an Instrument Airplane rating.

Hang on tight though, there have been vague rumours of EASA/FAA mutual recognition following implementation of the revised FCL... :oh:

polazarus
14th Jul 2011, 16:04
Hang on tight though, there have been vague rumours of EASA/FAA mutual recognition following implementation of the revised FCL...
Where do these rumors stem from?

aloha1985
14th Jul 2011, 17:32
Where do these rumors stem from?

Why, from the rumour network of course! :}

There have been scattered bits and pieces of information regarding this. I read an article a while back which was thoroughly optimistic about it, but it seems like the hold up is FAA not wanting to recognise EASA/JAA licences. Ref. this article (http://www.iaopa.eu/mediaServlet/f_1001809_current.html;jsessionid=C75AECB06D640D110D0805043A 4484BE.AOPAprod), for example.

Hard to tell, but new FCL coming in April 2012 - with the possibility for member states to withhold crediting until 2014 - which may be the year there is a new bilateral agreement between EASA and FAA.

Again, these are vague rumours.. there's also a thread on pprune on this..