PDA

View Full Version : Now What!

inandout
14th Jul 2011, 08:07
Looked at my pay today and VA has made the first " Flood Levy Deduction "

God help us , one labour Govt to another who can't run a bl**dy pie stall.

What NEXT!

virginexcess
14th Jul 2011, 09:37
And next year it will be replaced by the Carbon Tax!

Well at least i can rest easy knowing that i am doing my fair share in contributing to the problem. I guess if i earn my living from killing the planet, then i should pay a bit extra. :ok::ok:

Worrals in the wilds
14th Jul 2011, 09:43
And you still pay it no matter how much you donated to the Qld Premier's Appeal (which ended up being means tested, something that wasn't made clear at the time, that's the last government run appeal I ever give money to and apologies to all the old cynics I disbelieved who said "It'll just go to the ferals, you wait and see" :yuk:),no matter how much flood debris you helped shovel out of affected places and no matter how much the floods indirectly cost your business.

The same Labor (albiet in state and local form) who encouraged rampant development on land every bugger in Brisbane/Ipswich knew was flood plain. "The dam will save us!" they cried. Guess it didn't, Soorley, Beattie, Bligh...Oops. :mad:

Flava Saver
14th Jul 2011, 10:04
Uh huh...If i was in a 727 or 707 yep, no worries-more than happy. But when you are in an airbus or NG and the pollies are blowing money on ceiling batts and all the other rot they are wasting our money on then two to the valley.

An early call, but ALP are sooo gone next time around it aint funny. And dont get me started on that Albanese grub. :ugh: